Guest viewing is limited

TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dewey,
I've been thinking about you today. I hope your surgery has been a great sucess.
Look forward to hearing how you got on. Well done and onwards to recovery.
Hooray!
Toothfairy, x :flwrysmile:
 
Hello! I'm so glad I can finally say "I DID IT"!!!!! Surgery was Monday morn and its now Wednesday evening. So far so good!! I'm using my phone to communicate, so I won't share details until I get home tomorrow. I just wanted to thank you all for your help before surgery and for your prayers on Monday. Ill be back to share details soon!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
Dewey! Short post, but sounded so upbeat! We always knew you could do it, and YOU DID!!!! Take it easy, be very kind to that new knee, and follow the BoneSmart mantra to the letter. Can't wait to get details.

Take care---we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
 
Enjoy being home, Dewey. Again, as someone whose 6 weeks out and doing really well, I'm still in awe that you're going to do No. 2 in 6 weeks. Ironman!
 
Hello Dewey!!!! Yea....so great to hear from you way over there on the other side!! :happydance: :happydance: Take it easy and keep us posted. Hugs!!
 
Hi Dewey, thinking about you and hoping things are progressing well. Post when you can and let us know how you are doing,
big happy hug for recovery,
Toothfairy
x :egypdance:
 
Hello!! Hello!! Here I am on Day #5, and doing pretty well. I can tell already that this recovery stuff is going to be hard, hard work, but I can also see that I'm a bit better every single day. I'm still taking my medication as prescribed in the hospital, and I think it's adding to my sleepiness and upset stomach feeling at times. I take 2 Norcos every 4 hours. I really have to say, though, that it's doing a good job of managing my pain. It's never been more than a 2 or 3 even when it's time for the next dose. I just don't know when I should begin trying to reduce the dose to get rid of this sleepiness. I'm happy to say the physical therapy that I've had so far has not pushed me to go any further than I think I can go. I do push to discomfort, but not real pain. I lot of heel slides and ankle pumps when I'm laying on the couch. I've not had the need to go up or down steps yet, but we will work on that on Monday when the therapist returns.

I'm not at the place to say I'm glad I did this yet, but I have no doubt that I WILL say that one day. Hopefully, it won't be too long. I know I'll be back soon with questions for you all very soon, but for now, I have to stop.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for being there for me!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
Too soon to cut back on pain meds! You might talk with them about trying something else that won't make you as sleepy, but sleep at any time is a good thing right now. And you're doing just right with the PT. You need to spend another 10 days just doing what you're doing right now. Be a good BoneSmartie-----Follow that mantra!!!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2
 
I just don't know when I should begin trying to reduce the dose to get rid of this sleepiness.

I also would agree---it is much too soon to be thinking about cutting back on those pain meds---your knee has sustained major surgical trauma and, while those pain meds do have those side effects, you need the pain meds for what the body is going through right now.
 
Hi Dewey, lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat. Very reassuring as I know how worried you were.
Take it slowly and you will do well,
Toothfairy
:thumb: :yahoo:
 
Yes, don't worry about the pain meds, they are helping to keep the pain in check.
The sleepiness is also your body healing; it is expending a lot of energy all directed at your knee right now. Your place is with your feet up and icing. :yes:

You'll know when it's time to cut back, but take them while you have them. And trust me when I say the sleepiness is muchhhhhh better than the insomnia. Oh wait, nevermind, forget I mentioned that insomnia is in your future. :heehee:
 
Hello all. I need some of your expert help today.

The nausea is so bad that I can't do anything. Just getting up from the couch is horrible. I have only had a bite or two of solid food since early yesterday. The stupid tears won't stop and I
Just want to sleep!

I called the surgeon's office this morning and they've called in some anti-nausea meds. Zofran or something like that. My husband has gone for them now. Oh I so hope they help!

Any ideas for me? Is this normal?
 
Hi Dewey, sorry to hear you are feeling bad, I hope the tablets help. I'm not looking forward o the meds after my op, i do know how you feel. Sorry I can't help much :flwrysmile:. Do take careand I hope your husband gets back soon and you start to feel a bit better.
 
Hello Dewey, poor you. :sad:
I hope the anti-nausea medication will soon have you feeling better. I am no expert but it sounds fairly normal to me, probably a combination of poor appetite after surgery, lots of medication and your body protesting at all the insults it has had. Hang on in there, it will pass. Sending a very gentle hug.
you are doing so well and being very brave.
Sleep as much as you can, Toothfairy x
:sleep::console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom