THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so happy to hear you made it through surgery so well. Sorry to hear about the femur, but glad they fixed it while they were in there. Glad the room mate has settled down and you can get some much needed rest.
Looking forward to reading about your progress. My prayers for a great recovery. :angel:
 
Hi DeepBreath! Just wanted to say HI and let you know I've been checking in on you and following your recovery. I have a full house, mom from CT, son from Richmond, Va visiting and son and grandson from Baltimore so I've been visiting with them and trying not to do too much. I am SO sorry to hear about your fracture but am happy that it isn't causing you too much trouble and you're able to walk ok with the walker! That's just awesome. I'm also relieved to hear that your roommate has quieted down and that she's actually nice, maybe she was just excited about having her surgery behind her and pumped up a bit from new meds! You take care, continue to rest, ice, elevate and you'll do great! I'll keep in touch and give you an update on me next week when my life /house quiets down next week. Take care.
 
Thanks for the support, Friends! I so appreciate it.
Today has been pretty good. I are well, am able to get to the bathroom myself and pain management has been wonderful.
My current challenge is getting back in bed after using the loo.
My thigh and groin muscles tend to want to cramp up, making the task very difficult. One step at a time though.
@PegGene, enjoy your company!
Thanks again, everybody :)
 
Yes, DeepBreath, that first day/night after surgery day was the toughest for that. A tight, almost ready to pop, sensation. I didn't even try to lift it then, just had the nurse help me. Just today I can now lift it myself without the log lifter. So I think it progresses quickly without forcing it.
you sound great!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @DeepBreath happy to hear the pain management is on target, you sound great. Considering the additional 'repair' you are doing better than great. Take Cricket's advice and get the nurse to do the heavy lifting, you're only one day into your recovery!
 
I'm dealing with the log leg today also. Luckily being through it once I now know it doesn't last very long. When do you get to go home @DeepBreath ? I'm hoping soon.
 
hi @Doodles51 you sound like you are doing well. so, how would you compare your separate log legs? similar?
 
This one has a lot more thigh pain and stiffness than I remember. I think my log leg was worse at about a week though last time. I had a lot more swelling in knee leg and foot in the other. So far I just have the x x wide butt swelling near the incision from posterior approach.
 
Hey @DeepBreath! Glad to hear your pain is well controlled. Remember my suggestion about scooting from the foot of the bed? Use your good leg for support to help scoot back. This way, you don't even have to worry about lifting your op leg. I did this to get in and out of bed, when I couldn't wait for help from the nurses. Each time it got easier and easier. Just make sure you have your walker close by. Wishing you a restful night, my friend.
BTW...when will they be setting you free?
 
Hello @DeepBreath; I just wanted to send you some positive vibes. It does sound as though you are 1. Getting good care and 2. You have your head on straight! Welcome to your new hip! I look forward to hearing more about how you progress. Best of wishes to you!!!
 
@DeepBreath
Happy belated woohoos and congratulations! :) Seaux sorry to hear about femur. Glad battle buddy is under a little sedation 4 u. :)
Taking a few steps is great all things considering. You are doing good! Prayers of healing for u tonight and tomorrow at church.
Spinal sounds awesome. Glad other parts of ordeal went great.
If somebody gives u the don't break a leg line....just throw your hospital jello at them...:) Seriously, all in all stay restful and have a grwat night. If jabber starts a yapping.....turn in your iphone to nature sounds.....LOL. much healing to ya.:zzz::sleep:
 
@DeepBreath Glad to hear that your surgery is finally over and you are on the road to recovery and that your fracture was discovered and treated as well.

Sometimes unfortunately we have to put up with roommates who are a bit trying and yes you can ask to be moved to another room if one is available. Hang in there. It is only for a few days.

It is good that your making it to the bathroom by yourself and that on the whole your pain is being managed well. Those spinal blocks are great aren't they?

The nursing staff I had were very helpful when I wanted to turn over and they propped a pillow between my legs. Luckily the abduction pillow is only for a couple of days.

Keep you chin up and take it easy.
 
Hello, Friends! Well, so far today I've walked twice as far as yesterday and walked the stairs in physical therapy. The difference between what I could do yesterday and now today is surprising.
The muscle spasms in the op leg's thigh are improving as well.
I actually got a couple of really good stretches of sleep last night.
Pain levels are still very well managed.
I'm thinking I might get to go home tomorrow. :)
All in all, I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Roomie goes home today! She's not a bad gal, just very loud and talks a lot.
For some reason she seems to think she needs to speak for me whenever PT or OT, a nurse, doc, etc comes in to talk to me.
The PT gal came in yesterday and we got ready to go for a walk. She was showing me how to do the toe touch weight bearing and roomie screeches, "Don't walk like that! She can't bear any weight!"
Even though both PT gal and I told her I could do toe touch, she was not convinced and grumbled mightily.
I think she's just trying to be helpful, but UGH!
I hope all is good with everybody. I am flowing good thoughts out for those who are facing their surgeries soon!
Likewise, good vibes going out for the hippie buddies who are in recovery. :)
 
:egypdance::egypdance:Oh my goodness @DeepBreath! Your report is wonderful news. Especially, the part where you say your roomie is going home today. Maybe you'll have a "private" room for the rest of your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a couple of good sleep sessions last night. OH, while I'm thinking about it...I know you will have a rather tedious and long ride home, once they set you free, and wanted to suggest that your hubby place a nice fluffy bed pillow in the car, for you. I will make the ride home so much more comfortable. Happy day, my friend, and continue with the good progress. I am thrilled that you have your levels managed.
 
Thank you for the pillow tip, @Nana757.
That sounds like it would definitely make the trip easier. :)
 
@DeepBreath
Great update! Sounds like you're coming along fine. I'm so happy to hear that! I'm very interested in your journey home, as a long drive home was of major concern for me. Others have said it wasn't too bad, but did recommend having a couple of barf bags available (just in case). Another said tons of pillows or perhaps as @Nana757 suggested a body pillow. I have dubbed @Nana757 "Queen of Pillowland", as she perfected the use of multiple pillows for comfort during recovery! You are in my prayers!
 
That's a perfect nickname for Nana :)
Good tips, thank you. I packed a couple of plastic bags just in case I get the urps.
I'll let you know how the trip home goes.
 
Man....I just re-read my post. I'm amazed you all got the point I was trying to make. DUH!!! Obviously I hadn't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet. Anyhoo! "Queen of Pillowland", eh? Does have a nice ring to it. I must post a sign on my bedroom door in big pink sparkly letters...or maybe Royal blue. That oughta scare the beejeebers out of DH. He'll think I've gone completely off the deep end!
:yikes::scary:
 
Deep!! You are doing so well. :) so you may get to go home tomorrow? That is great news, too. but seriously, you should stay one more day and savor the quietness of the room :tantrum2: that is too funny that she was telling the PT how to work with you..hah! Didn't you say that you are of a small stature? Maybe this brings out the protectiveness in her. keep up the good progress..

:yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom