@tiredwife Thank you. I have been avoiding BS because I am having a lot of problems with anxiety and depression . These were the main things I was afraid of before the surgery, since I already have problems with anxiety especially. Klonopin, which usually helps me, is not working for some reason. I am getting desperate. The psychiatrist doesn't know what is going on either. Good news is my knee is doing well, at least. Everything would be great if I could just get past this anxiety. I have been hearing from several professionals how common depression is after a TKR. My problem is mostly anxiety, but my good old standby seems to have quit working. If you believe in prayer, I would appreciate it.
@gr82cu2 Thank you, Janet. I have been avoiding BS because I am struggling with anxiety and depression. My usual medication, Klonopin, seems to have quit working for an unknown reason. I am trying to hang on until next week hoping for help of some kind, but it is very hard. I don't know if there is some kind of problem between the OxyIR and the Klnopin or what. The K worked fine before my TKR just a few weeks ago. My knee is doing well, at least. I don't know how much I will be writing here, although I will probably check in more often. I don't want to upset people.
@Daystar Cindy, when you see a doctor, medical or psychiatric, please, please remember what I told you about Buspar. When I was in the place you are in now it was the only thing that saved me. Literally!!! I was depressed from the anxiety, not the other way around which most doctors think. I suspect you are the same. The medicine is Buspirone and is available generic now. If they will prescribe it for you it may take a few days to kick in but believe me, when it does, you will feel sooooo much better! It has to be worth a try I would think. Please ask about it, ok? We have all been very worried about you. We are here for you and only want the best for you. Take care and please check back in whenever you feel up to it.
Hey lovely Cindy, looks like some moments of kindness and grace to me.
Might just be some answers to prayer happening.
What courage you have to,write so honestly.
Me again
I so much admire that in the midst of yr own adversity you have concern for others and how yr story might affect them. What grace and kindness you have
May be prayers for some positive, selective amnesia re the things you have read that frighten you.
Hope you're feeling better soon...I'll add you to my prayer list. I'm glad your knee isn't adding to your troubles. Hang in there...we do care about you!
@Daystar Sorry I haven't answered sooner, we have had company this weekend. I am sending up a prayer for you right now! I'm glad your knee seems to be doing okay! I hope your doctors find something soon that helps, until then try to find some comfort in our support and caring for you.
@Daystar He is doing good, thank you! I really wish I could say or do something that could help you. When it comes to anxiety I know how horrible it can be. You try to tell yourself it is all in your head, but it doesn't help, and then it causes physical problems. It is very hard to deal with. I hope the doctors find a solution soon.
Just trying to catch up @Daystar Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am camping in my favorite place South Jersey so have not been around. I know very well the place you are in. I really think the feeling if "surrender" and lack of control in this recovery is daunting. Please post your feelings here - it will actually help someone going they similar situation.
Daystar....please don't worry about posting! The whole point of BoneSmart is to be here when our members need someone in their corner for support! You never have to apologize for your feelings. And there may be folks out there who are also going through exactly the same things you are who would benefit from your posts. You know at any given time we have 10 times the number of guests on the forum reading as we do members signed in. That tells me there are lots of folks out there who might relate to your situation.
So remember that we want to be here for you. Please come chat whenever you need us!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.