Guest viewing is limited

TKR Daystar's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Daystar's Diary
@Daystar, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] Daystar's Diary
! You should quite chipper in all your post op posts. Happy things are going so well for you.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
@Daystar So happy for you that you are on the recovery road now! Congrats! Sounds like things are going well. Best to you! :yay:
 
@Daystar and @Jozilla, I'll be driving through Rockford tomorrow! I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, but will be heading up on I90 to our place in Minnesota for a long weekend. Small world! So glad you're not in too much pain Cindy. Don't go home until you feel comfortable with the idea. Keep up the good work!
 
Hi Cindy,
Another sunny bright day here is Sydney, and this us supposed to be winter, :scratch:
I miss my cold overcast grey Melbourne winters.

So thrilled by yr posts. For some one heading for surgery yr posts are so helpful. Thanks a million :yahoo:

Praying that you keep moving from strength to strength :angel:
Love and prayers lorl
 
@Lovestoread Another Illinoisan! Yay!

Well my knee woke up this morning, unfortunately. I went to PT with another woman who had had a TKR on Monday with the same OS. The woman said she hadn't had much pain until today, but that now her knee hurt.

PT did not go well. I was given oxycodone, OxyIR, and tramadol 20 minutes before going to PT. So by the time I got to PT my stomach was very upset. So I had to go back to my room so I could get some IV Compazine. Before I did that, I was wheeled over to OT, holding a basin in case of emergency, and I had to watch and listen while a OT assistant explained things. Finally I said I had to leave, and she took me to my room, but she still grabbed the opportunity of being alone in the elevator with me to give me some more tip. I don't remember much of what she said.

So now I have let the pain get the upper hand. I hope I can get it under control. It's around a 5 or 6 now. My husband went to the pharmacy where we dropped off my scripts on the way home from the hospital. I just ate half a sandwich and some applesauce. Next I will take a Compazine and wait a few minutes and then take an oxycodone.
 
Poor love, so sorry to hear of some of the bumps happening, I guess it had to happen, maybe two steps forward one step back :flabber:
I gather you are home.

Love and prayers for solutions :praying:
Luvlorl
 
Cindy, so sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Every time I read of people being so sick to their stomach I feel so very, very lucky I don't have that problem. It's just so important to keep those meds on board. My day yesterday with pain was my worst nightmare. But they worked with me through the day to find the right meds, combination and timing. I slept so well last night (with one wakeup to medicate) and feel so much better today. We'll see how the rest of the day goes today. I'm sure it will be better and I most likely will go home this afternoon. I hope you feel better today. xox
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I'm so sorry you had more pain yesterday. I do envy you your strong stomach.

I slept well last night, at least. I still have a lot of pain. I just ate a little tub of rice pudding and half of an anti-constipation muffin. Then I took a Compazine and then 20 minutes later, which was a couple minutes ago, I took an oxycodone. My husband had to go to a doctor's appt. I wish I could have stayed at the hospital and tried different pain meds. I don't know how much pain relief to expect. The sad thing is that for a couple days after the surgery I cold lift my surgical knee, but now it hurts too much and I started to use a cane for a leg lifter. The muscles in my whole leg hurt, and especially in the thigh and in the groin area. My knee is iced, but I don't feel much pain relief from it.

I hope we all do well today!
 
@Daystar Gosh, sorry you're regressing. I have had zero thigh pain and only very mild groin pain which I think was from the nerve block. They were in my groin on left side looking for nerve bundles or some such thing. I have no idea if my OS is going to let me have these meds that are currently working to make me feel better and more mobile. They are stronger than what he likes to let people have. He or his PA have not been here today to see me. I have the same nurses today, same PT and the mystery doc who came by yesterday and I think he's the one that ordered the stronger meds and Xanax came. All pronounced me so much better today with the new meds. So, we'll see. I'm going to ask my doc to at least leave me on this regimen for another 5 or 6 days so more healing can take place before I have to step down on my meds. Crossing fingers! I hope you feel better soon. If you don't call your doctor. xox
 
Thanks, everyone. My pain has simmered down so that I don't hurt too much when I'm not moving. Unfortunately, I have to use a cane to move my leg. In the hospital I could move it without help. I am so confused about what day it is! I need a white board that somebody writes the day and date on. Oh, there is some good news...I pooped today! :yay: And I took a shower and washed my hair. The visiting nurse and PT visited today. Nurse said I don't need an OT. I got sick to my stomach when the PT was having me walk. That seems to be a recurring theme. Also, my temp right now is 100.5, which makes me nervous. The nurse said to keep an eye on it and to do deep breathing every hour. (Note to my future self: You are 3 days out from your surgery here.) Oh yes, I took a risk and sat in my recliner twice today and got out of it twice.

@gr82cu2 I am so glad you are doing well. :dancy:
 
@Daystar Yippee for poop!:yes!: Boo for nausea :gaah:Are you making sure you eat something with your meds? Are you on anti nausea meds? Please keep an eye on the temp!
 
That nausea can come with the pain meds. If what the doctor has given you to counteract it isn't working, do give him a call. Same with pain relief. You should not be at a high level of pain during the day or night.

Please tell me exactly what your schedule is for taking your pain meds....name of the drug, strength, dosage prescribed, when you take it and how many pills you take with each dose. Maybe with this information I can see something that might help you. It is so very important to keep your pain properly managed!
 
@tiredwife I eat something before I take the oxycodone, plus I take a Compazine about 15 minutes ahead of time. I haven't taken any OxyIR since being home. I think that's the thing that made me sick in the hospital. I'm reluctant to take it for fear of getting sick. My husband is reluctant to give it to me because he thinks it's too strong. The home nurse is coming back tomorrow, so maybe I'll talk to her about it.
 
@Jamie I don't know the answers to your questions. My husband gives me my meds, and he is in the shower. Thank you for asking. I'll get back to you later.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom