Guest viewing is limited

TKR Daystar's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, 7:30 AM here in Sydney and I believe yr procedure was a few hours ago. I think you said 2:15 AM our time.
So all over and behind you .:yay: :yes!: :loveshwr:

Lots of prayers for your recovery experience. Luvlorl. :flwrysmile:
 
A lot has happened but I don't actually remember what it was. I have been trying to post here for hours but either someone who works here comes in or I fall asleep. The surgery went well. I had a spinal for the first time, and I'm happy to say it has all worn off and I am not going to be paralyzed. :happydance:

I have been up three times and walked up and down the hallway. Also went to the bathroom and pee'd. Still waiting for the poop. I had prune juice for breakfast plus two or three prunes that I brought in:fingersx: plus I had a dose of MOM a few hour ago. There may have been a stool softener in there somewhere too.

I don't know if the mixture of local painkillers OS put in the knee before closing is still working or not. I hope it has worn off because I'm not really having pain when I don't move the leg. When I move it, the pain level is around a 4. That is all muscle pain.

My OS said I could go tomorrow if I want to because I'm doing so well. I decided, with my husband's help, that I will wait till tomorrow. I want to make sure my meds are good and I would like to not get sick to my stomach every time I'm sitting in a chair.

They haven't measured my ROM, but it's maybe a 5 extension and I think around 80 degrees flexion.
I'm so happy that I could bend it and lift it off the bed after the spinal wore off. It is getting stiff now, though, so I'll have to see what happens.
 
@Daystar, I have been watching for your post! Soooo very glad things went well for you and it is all behind you! It sure seems as though you are doing beautifully…you've been up walking around and so far, not in too much pain. Just remember to stay on top of pain meds, don't overdo, ice, elevate….you've heard the drill so many times, but following it makes all the difference in the world. Hope you can get some rest before you go home tomorrow. The trip home might be surprisingly tiring. Don't plan on doing too much once you get home!
 
Welcome to the wonderful world of recovery. It sounds like you're off to a stellar start. :) I hope the pain control continues to be good. Don't hesitate to speak up if the pain level goes up.
 
You are doing fabulous!! Yeah!! I am so glad to read your post. I do believe there is a sense of relief when the surgery is done. Now you can keep me calm until September. Will look forward to hearing from you. Xoxoxo
 
Hi, just read yr post op comments. Wow x max.
Absolutely thrilled for you .
Maybe the verse that

those that wait on The Lord...will renew their strength, run and never tire, walk and never faint

Might not be far off the mark.
Just thrilled for you!!!!!
Luvlorl

​
 
Thanks, everyone. I'm trying to figure out what my meds are. I think am having or have had OxyContin, oxy with 2 letters after it, tramadol, compazine, Colace, and other things. I will go home with a prescription for something for breakthrough pain, which I don't remember either. I want to get this straightened out before I go home. I'm supposed to go home tomorrow. Could have gone today but I didn't feel ready.
 
Stay as long as you can, here in OZ they seem to move people our of hospital v quickly. It worries me. I am only an old school teacher, if someone with health issues was in my care... Oh dear, I guess I could get a book from the library, but I would be a total novice nurse. If needs more than a bandaid HELP!!!
Love and prayers, so thrilled by your news. Luvlorl
 
@Daystar
Remember that God hAs sent his angels to be with you during, and after your surgery! Your are surrounded with His love, and you are already on the road to recovery!
 
Thanks, everyone! I think I need to go to sleep. I got cleared to go to the bathroom by myself at lunchtime. My pain is pretty much the same....actually more discomfort than pain. I don't think the knee itself is hurting very much. Thigh muscles and calf muscle hurt when I move my leg. They are just sore, though. I haven't had any muscle spasms. I hope to make a few comments tomorrow. Now I want to see if I can find the rest of the people who got their new knees yesterday. Also those who went today. And those who went last week. I think I'm going to fall asleep before I get all that done however!
 
Cindy, It sounds like you are doing just great! I'm so happy for you :yes!: My leg was put to sleep so I had very little pain yesterday but it started waking up last night around 10 and now is about 50% awake. Ouch!! The knee doesn't hurt at all. It's my hamstring muscle mostly and my thigh and down my shin. They just came and drew blood and took my vitals and doubled my pain medicine. She said if I don't feel better in an hour they will get me something else. I hope you get to go home. It sounds like you are ready and you'll rest better there. I can't wait to get out of here. I didn't sleep a wink all day yesterday and only got about 90 minutes last night.
 
@Daystar
Patchy wi - fi here, only reading your recovery posts now.
Hope that you get your meds for home sorted out to your pain needs. You and your knee have been through a lot and the knee will dictate what you are able for the next while.
Use the BoneSmart mantra and know that you will find support & care here for you.

Post when you can and keep us updated and know that you are being held in the thoughts and hearts of many.
 
I am sending cyber hugs and prayers your way. You and gr82cu2 both sound very good. You are doing extremely well. Try and control swelling as much as you can and you will have the key to a less painful recovery. Daystar did you say you are from Rockford. Believe it or not I went to Rockford College on State street in 1972. Small world! Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla Yes, I am from Rockford, isn't it amazing, kind of, that two of us on BS who are now on the east coast have lived in Rockford? Plus @gr82cu2 who is from Illinois. I'm very familiar with Rockford College as we used to have a church family retreat kind of thing for many years. I didn't go to college there, tough. I went to ISU.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom