Guest viewing is limited

THR day 2 post op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @healthgal46
Sorry to hear that this are not going well for you. Sounds like the going is getting tough. It is a complicated and hard process BUT you will start seeing progress day by day sometimes with little plateaux. It is horrible to say it but patience is the answer. You will definitely not stay how you are now but getting through the process requires patience. I know that as an adhd person, patience is a thing that is physically very very difficult. One thing for sure is that things will get a lot better comparatively quickly.

I had a lot of emotional stuff along side the physical healing particularly in the early day post op.
Issues re being vulnerable, not being independent, not being in control and being tearful big time. 9 weeks post op and I would say I am pretty much back to ok now


You will be able to do what you want to do after a short gap. Most importantly look after yourself and be kind to yourself until you can get back to a little bit of normal. A big hug from England wishing you well very soon x
 
Hi fifi not doing good emotionally physically comi g aling slowly but gou g bo kers not being able to be me and these pain meds are making me nuts abd stomach issues if you all know what I mean
 
Hi fifi not doing good emotionally physically comi g aling slowly but gou g bo kers not being able to be me and these pain meds are making me nuts abd stomach issues if you all know what I mean


Take look around bonesmart it will help you... There is game room. And lots articles to help u... Here is an idea for Meds.I take my Meds with milk. And When I take my Meds I will eat saltine crackers or toast. Take a bite before and eat a few after. It helps me. @Nana moon 27 told me that. And it's been a big difference. She and @lavender told me eat granola bar. Take care,best regards. Xxxx



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Prunes, prune juice, and miralax :lol: :lol: i never drank so much prune juice in my life!!!!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Oooooooo yucky lol I can't stand the smell of prune juice. Icky

Apple sauce better lol.



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you and send you 'virtual' hug. Please send it back when I need one. <3
 
@healthgal46.....if it's constipation that is getting to you, please read this article:

Constipation and stool softeners

You really want to stay ahead of this problem that comes along with taking pain medication. Take plenty of stool softeners, drink lots of water, and eat fiber to help yourself stay regular.

If your problem is nausea when taking pain meds, call your doctor's office. There is a medication they will give you to combat a queasy stomach and make it easier to take your pain meds on a schedule while you need them.
 
Hi there @healthgal46. I'm sorry that it's tough going for you on the emotional side; but, it sounds like the physical side is doing o.k. -- did I read that right? For me, the better I felt physically the less the sad stuff got in my way. Hang on to that thought.

Constipation -- what fun. I drank so much water I could have floated a boat. Plus I used a stool softner ( Colace) and tried prune juice and prunes. Don't like them much so I asked my PCP and she recommended pears,apples, Apple juice, pear juice (I didn't even know there was such an item!). The apple juice and apples worked for me. Plus I stayed away from dairy products until my system sorted itself. Oh, and fiber, fiber, fiber.

If you are nauseated from the Meds ( I had a rough time in the beginning) there are magic anti nausea pills -- also come in suppository form which is quicker acting evidently. Both forms worked for me and they worked quickly. My OS's Nurse called in a half script and when that worked my PCP called in the full script.

Take care of yourself and know that I'm sending happy, healing thoughts In your direction!
 
@healthgal46.....if it's constipation that is getting to you, please read this article:

Constipation and stool softeners

You really want to stay ahead of this problem that comes along with taking pain medication. Take plenty of stool softeners, drink lots of water, and eat fiber to help yourself stay regular.


Hi Jamie trust me I am way ahead of it, I have been taking stool softness and have prune and moral daily. I have to just get the water going. My appetite has been poor, not big due to the pain meds, but I am eating n doing shakes too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My virtual hug goes especially to @healthgal46 as she struggles through her depression. I feel for anyone here who works through this phase of their recovery. I'm amazed to read all your stories and how people learn to adjust, cope, and become stronger mentally and physically. :wow:
 
This is what I have experienced with constipation: high sugar intake (juice is my big no-no), chocolate, nuts, wine :sigh: and calcium supplements do me in. My go-to foods are bite size dried prunes (5) and peaches (which are in season) do wonders. I eat a whole grapefruit or orange most every morning. I usually have a plate of salad greens but I'm not sure if that is something that I will be able to have while on Coumadin blood thinner…
 
Hi @wcgirl

I seem to remember reading somewhere that grapefruit can affect certain meds. Maybe Jamie or Jaycee could help give you advice on this?

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
@healthgal46

The postop blues is a reality that hits ever such a lot of people. Some find a distraction such as a craft, hobby or play online games. It usually passes.

However, if you are prone to depression and having "very dark" thoughts, especially suicidal or self harming ones, then please have a chat with your GP x x x do not ignore it if it's bad. There's a difference between the blues and depression xx

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi @wcgirl

I seem to remember reading somewhere that grapefruit can affect certain meds. Maybe Jamie or Jaycee could help give you advice on this?
x
Grapefruit can impact the effectiveness of statin drugs.
 
Ah, yes, grapefruit. I do recall that some patients may have had that warning with certain meds. Always something & confirms that we are all different. Thank you @Nana moon 27 for the heads up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom