Gingerbread
member
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2021
- Messages
- 225
- Age
- 54
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I wish our spouses knew that none of this is an "act". If we could "act" our way into fully functioning knees with proper gait, mobility and function, we'd have done that weeks ago!Day #22
Well yesterday's 3week post op meeting with y surgeon went well. He wont do an x-ray until our next appt in October. The meeting lasted all of 5 minutes. Dude is an in and out sort of fellow. He did extend my temporary handicapped placard for another 6 months which is very helpful, I never thought I would be one of those people you see riding the carts at Sam's Club but yep...that's me.
I opted to NOT take the oxy last night and although I slept well without it (using only Ambien) I am not walking as pain-free this morning. Continuing to ice both my knee and upper thigh muscles, where the tourniquet was applied. You would think after 3 weeks the thigh muscle pain would be gone, but it's not yet. The bruises are gone however. It really does take a LONG time for tissue to recovery after TKR.
My wife is showing her first signs of caregiver frustration, saying this morning something to the effect that I am "acting so helpless". So I will try to resume some of my normal chores to keep her happy.
Edit: Although I have a script for outpatient PT at a location of my choice, I am debating doing any of it this time around. I did not find PT to be all that helpful with my recovery last time, but I will see how I feel in a week.
I try to help with chores too but it's limited still at 6 weeks out. I'm sorry your wife is frustrated. As women we depend on our men to shoulder many things. I am sure it is hard for her to see you struggle; she is probably scared at the prospect of it not changing in the foreseeable future. I agree with another poster; perhaps encourage her to read the many stories of recovery here. It is not a sure, smooth course. Everyone is different and at the end of the day I believe we all just want to love and know we are loved.
Praying for a happy resolution for you