THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you Sarah! IMO a trip to Costco is equivalent to at least an hour's worth of vigorous exercise! Ya gotta walk from car to store (usually a fairly long distance), push cart (getting heavier and heavier as you add stuff to it) all over the 5 acre store, swivel hips and do quick swerves with the cart to avoid multiple collisions, dodge the "now what am I looking for, I'll stand in the middle of the aisle until I remember" folks, bend and lift heavy stuff into the cart, swoop to avoid running over the wandering small child, hasty reversal of direction to get out of the way of the lumbering heavily loaded forklift, stand in line to check out - sometimes for quite a while depending on store's staffing, lift heavy stuff out of cart on to the check out glider, push cart all the way back to the car, load all into car, drive home, unload and carry all that heavy stuff into the house and put it away! Yup I'd say that is a full work out!

I'm glad to hear your dentist appointment went well - I have one coming up in a couple of weeks also for deep cleaning - and I have had such very bad dental karma that I am very close to dental phobic! Fortunately I have a wonderful hygienist who has looked after my teeth for several years now - and finally I have a dentist I actually like!

As for forgetting I have man-made hips instead of nature-made ones ;) I've had a few moments where I've forgotten .... and as you say what ever little aches and twinges I get are so transitory and minor I don't even really register them. Not all aches and pains after hip surgery are related to that surgery - not even all the ones that occur in legs and back!

Hi Deb,

I feel the same way about my hygenist, I'm completely in love with my new toothbrush it makes them feel super shiny and clean.

Ohhhhh I have a very naughty little 17 month use to be my puppy boy now obviously either a little man or just a rebellious teenager. The last couple of weeks have been funny to watch him lift his leg to pee and his daily markings outside, very entertaining. At home he is testing every limit from seriously play biting me, and today we went to visit a friend who has a older springer spaniel "Chester" miles adores him. Chester pays him no mind so at their house they got treats, so Miles goes over to Chester and he growls at him luckily Miles is pretty smart and knows when to back away or be submissive. Wait he comes and sits with me and I go to reach back to him and little stinks growls at me. Not good! Yup Miles got into trouble and he knew it too. He's completely not food aggressive, hopefully this was a fluke copy cat situation. We came home and I do this once in a while not in a teasing way Ill feed him but also lean down and touch the food, move the bowl etc making sure he's not sassy.
Maybe this is normal for little boys, not sure never had a boy dog, he's been fixed. He's laying here fast asleep right now. I think he's just testing his limits all 20lbs of him hahahahahaha!

I'm getting close to 30lbs weight loss....ok ok it's 27lbs close enough. I'm militant right now, some would say to militant but hey I feel brilliant and still motivated to keep going. I'm only eating fish, chicken and salad, veggies and yes turkey bacon for late night snacks. My other favorite item is for breakfast cup of egg whites with spinach.. My militant part of measuring everything it's really amazing what 2-3oz of chicken looks like. I'm not hungry though and my energy levels are excellent. I'm not going to run a marathon or anything wild or wooly just feel alive, healthier. Walking is lots of fun too!

Sending lots of love to everyone! Have a good weekend....

xxooxx

30 lbs that is AWESOME. You've got to be so happy with it. I lost 20 after both hips and haven't put it back on, so I keep my fingers and toes crossed .. Lol.

Hey Sarah,
What are doing on my thread talking "dirty" about Ploughman's Lunches and Chocolate Digestive's when you're clearly on a Carbo free diet!?

I guess Yorkshire puddings and Spotted Dick are out of the question then?? :hysterical:

Charlie
Get thee behind me Satan!!

Ohhhhh I'm laughing so hard Charlie....

Your right I'm the devil hehehehehe! I almost wrote spotted dick with thick creamy birds custard but didn't want to scare anyone and it didnt seem appropriate on your thread oh dear!

It's pretty obvious I could live on a carb style diet so basically had to pause, slow down for a minute to regroup. WEW! One soon I will learn how to eat all the yummy carbs in moderation, not today though :)

You are funny!

xxooxx

I like carbs too. I could live in a vat of chocolate! When I was worried about the possibility of getting dependent-addicted on Percocet, I thought long and hard and said "No, if I'm getting addicted to anything, it will be chocolate cake or brownies." :)

Hope you are having a fun day in Dallas. You are in Texas--the horse capital of the US--I think you should get back into riding horses. What do you think.

Dorothy

Hi Sarah,

So glad to hear dentist went well. I always say I take good care of my teeth because I want to keep them because I like to eat so much:th_heehee:Thought of you and Miles today as my sister in law got a new corgi puppy.

27 lbs!:thumb: Nice I did the same thing but I had to loose the weight to get my hip..But your right I feel so much better and I know its much eaiser on the new Hip.Let see I've lost 37 lbs and felling and looking like a new man..Keep up the good work...and Happy Healing

Donnie

And yea the little dog's think there in charge!! our little Jack thinks he own the place!!:doggieshmooze:

Sarah,

sorry I missed the weight loss part...WOW! Good for you...keep it up and you are inspiring others (like me)...what an achievement. And Miles...what a stinker! He better behave or no treats for him.

Hi Sarah,

Let us know that you and Miles are alright after the weather problems in your area.

Hope all is well,
Cardie

Hi Cardie,

We are fine thank you for asking. It was a little eerie for about 45 minutes earlier this afternoon, there was such a calmness and the skies were pitch black, then on the TV it said our area there were sightings. Our media is completely in HIGH gear and have been all afternoon, I know they are very important sometimes though it ads to the drama part, Im probably not wording that right because the pre warnings are what save lives.

There is quite a bit of structural damage to homes in some areas, and WOW those videos the media are showing are insane, especially the first one this afternoon throwing those trucks around. Nothing like the storms last month in the other southern states where the the towns were annihilated.

Love to all....

xxooxx

Oh Sarah, that's two things I missed - your weight loss and the tornados. (Mm, there isn't a connection is there??) Well done on the weight loss - you are a real star. I would think there's not much of you left now, though, is there? Don't get too thin, will you? It's very ageing (I should know - you should see my wrinkles!)

As for the tornadoes, I read something about trucks being picked up and thrown around - sounds dreadful. How do you 'stay safe' in an area like that? You have no idea where they're going to hit, do you? Scary stuff.

Sarah, congrats on the weight-loss!

Glad to hear that you and Miles are doing okay. I saw those videos of the trucks being tossed around like toys. Crazy stuff. Please keep us updated as to how you're doing.

Glad you are safe, Sarah. Some of the scariest tornado video I have ever seen. Numerous tractor trailers being scooped up 100's of feet in the air and the tossed like a scrap of paper...yikes.

Z

Happy Easter Sarah

Just popped by to talk food! Our favorite topic :)

Just at the gourmet cafe at the farmers market, munching on spinach, fetta and pumpkin quiches, coffee follwed by almond orange friands....and just picked up pumpkin bread and real natural chocolate mouse for desert tonight.... I dpt saying yesterday a girls got to have some treats.

Take care, givd Miles a cuddle

Love Sandy and John xoxxox

Sarah.....you absolutely are doing the right thing by "testing" Miles with his food or treats. Pups need to know that you have the right to take things from them...even from their mouths. They do not have the right to growl at you when you do it. It could save his life one day if he got ahold of something he really should not have.

Little boy dogs do try to be the alpha dog sometimes....neutered or not!

Wishing everyone a happy Easter and Passover...

Sandy when between you, Jane and Charlie its lucky I hadn't gained 30lbs hahahaha! I love hearing about all the food it makes me smile! I need someone in my life who can cook those dishes then I can do the dishes :)

Jamie, fingers crossed Miles just copied cat that day! He hsnt done it since WEW and no he's not allowed to start that habit. I'm completely convinced the last few weeks with him have been a little transition into his little man mode, he's still a complete love bunny. Saucy-Cheeky Miles!

I'm happy this week came to an end, long work week for sure. Yahooooo for weekends! Hope everyone has a nice one!

xxooxx

Sounds like you and Miles are doing great, Sarah :thumb: yeah maybe he was copycatting that day - or having a bout of canine equivalent to the terrible twos :th_heehee:

Hope you have a lovely weekend and a very Happy Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back