THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting about your veggie meals and my veggie chef. We had ordered a Hello Fresh box to arrive this past Wednesday (had 3 recipes & ingredients for veggie meals) and I'll have to look into your options. Neither of us mind doing the prepping for a meal (Chris normally has more time since he works from home) and Hello Fresh has had some great options / recipes for vegetarians.
 
www.myveggiechef.com

They have sent an email that 5 hey are Beta Testing shipping to 22 states. Interesting. The meals are very very good and large enough that we get another meal from each one since there are servings for four.

Tell your friends! We are doing regional beta test shipping in 22 states right now. If you have friends and relatives who live outside of greater Nashville, but would love MVC, please refer them to our shipping manager atmark@myveggiechef.com.



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I was going to email tomorrow, but decided to go ahead and email tonight -- and just got a bounce on the email address you posted. Can you double check it?

The menu choices sound excellent. Do you know what the 22 states are going to be? I'm guessing eastern USA area.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No I looked on their site but they didn't mention it there - only in the email. The food is beautifully prepared and packaged. I like having full meals in the freezer. The meals keep up to six months frozen. I would imagine GA would be one of the state's since they are headquartered here in Nashville.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Veggie Chef is on facebook. I found this post this morning. It was posted end of December. They usually have a coupon code posted or sent via email where you can save $10. I have a $10 shipping surcharge when I order because I'm outside metro Nashville but the coupon balances it out. If you are on Facebook, check out the Myveggiechef page. @bab123 you might be interested in this too. It has taken a huge load off meal prep for me.


Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I'm going to do the same thing. My surgery isn't until the 2nd of February, so I imagine my second hip will be done late March or early April. By July you and I will be doing the two step and dancing in the moonlight!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Squirrellymom - I found them on FB. Thanks. I've also emailed Mark @ Veggiechef to see what they are offering regarding shipping options. I'll update here when I hear something back (in case anyone else wants their service too.)

So is your food delivered to your house (fedex/ups / personal delivery)? or do you have to drive somewhere to pick it up? You mentioned being outside the delivery area.
 
@CatLady1 I'm just outside the "free" delivery area so have to pay $10 for them to deliver to door. Worth it! I could drive into Nashville and pick it up on Sundays but the prep and delivery is what it is all about for me. My Veggie Chef dies the delivery here. They usually deliver after noon on Sunday directly to your door. All meals are packaged and already frozen in freezer bags and labeled and have instructions on step by step preparation. They suggest leaving an ice chest on the porch if you aren't home or available to answer the door and they leave all meals in the ice chest. This is what I always do because I don't want to watch and wait and maybe be in the bathroom when the doorbell rings. It has truly been an amazing service. I like giving a gift of a week's worth of meals for someone recovering like we are, new mom gift, death in the family etc. I've gone to Whole Foods in the past and bought A meal and salad etc to give and this is so much more food. Great for friends or office to chip in for gifting. It's been available for well over a year or so and I hope they expand and prosper.
 
Hi squirrlymom, sounds like you are doing amazing! My first THR will be this Friday, the 15th. Not sure when the left will be done but I have AVN so hopefully soon. I have been using a walker for a couple of months now so I am a bit nervous that my leg muscles have weakened, but I hope my recovery will be smooth! I look forward to reading more of your posts. Feel better and watch out for swelling! Jo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congratulations @jomarie58 on your upcoming release from pain. I had no idea what to expect from the op and I refused to read other accounts because I didn't want to know any "bad" stuff. After surgery all I could say was, "is that all?" Recovery is the "pain" for me because my joint and leg pain is gone and I'm ready to move. I'm like a turtle just poking along with the rabbit racing past and I want to win this race. Sleeping in comfort is my biggest challenge because the op leg is sensitive and I'm having to be cautious with my moves. It's hardest to just hang out and heal. Will be following your updates!
 
Congrats @Squirrellymom on your great recovery journey! Those coloring books sound like a lot of fun. I bet you have created a few masterpieces already! I am also hoping to get my second hip done as soon as possible (after my first on Jan. 4th). The doctor who will do the second hip wants a minimum of 6 weeks in between. Like you, I just want them both over with so I can go forward and be a new happy hippie by spring! I hope you have a lovely day and continue
successfully with your recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
DENTIST!!? I have appointment for my routine dental in just over two weeks. My OS says, too soon for a dental so I've rescheduled for a week after my six-week check up and hopefully a few weeks before my left hip is replaced. So -- I'm now understanding that any/all dental must involve antibiotics after a joint replacement. What does everyone do when they have dental procedures?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
The antibiotic issue is still under question. I was originally told I'd have to take preventive abx for life, and then for two years. Some research suggests it doesn't matter at all. My OS says two years for sure, but why take chances? I say taking abx when not needed is also a potential problem. So I opted for the two year period, and now I don't bother anymore. I suppose if I do get an infection sometime down the line, I'll kick myself....but even then....there are so many possible ways for infection to get in, that my twice yearly cleanings are just one tiny part of it. But that's me.

Here's our info about antibiotics:
Dental antibiotics: Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures

Sharon
 
@Squirrellymom -- just an update. We've heard back from Mark @ myveggiechef and we are in! Food may arrive as soon as this Friday. As hubby said, now we need to clean out the freezer. Ha ha.

Hope you're doing ok today.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@CatLady1 ! We may be eating identical meals. I placed my order for next week today too. Mine will be here on Sunday. I have a refrigerator in my basement that I keep all my frozen meals in. DH goes down and picks what he wants to cook and brings it upstairs to thaw in the kitchen fridge. I stockpiled 10 meals before going in for surgery so now we are staying well -and - healthily fed. Was the shipping expensive? I know Fed Ex and UPS ship coolers of frozen. I would think they would have it all figured out or it wouldn't be cost effective.
Yes, doing good today. I'm edgy because I don't want to do too much and have a set back but I need to take on a chore or two. Hanging around, watching tv, icing, nap, sitting, standing - oh, You know the routine.
My bandage can come off tomorrow. Seven days PO. I'm glued - are you? So, I'm excited to take all that tape and packing off and see what lies beneath. I've got to read about care after it is free to the elements.
Excited that you are getting good Nashville food. I can't wait to see how the delivery works for you. I think it will help you to heal faster. ;)



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@Squirrellymom - Mark quoted us a week of food for $110 (including shipping). Looking at the mvc website, it appears regularly pricing is $80? So I guess we're paying $30 for shipping? The amount of food we'll get will probably last us about 2-3 weeks (normally, I eat two meals a day). Five meals that serve 4 is a lot for the two of us.
How big is that box they ship in? I'm trying to figure out how much space I need to clear out in the freezer.

I am stapled inside (dissolvable) and glued under the bandage. Mine comes off 10 days PO (which is Friday). I won't be back to see the OS until the 22nd. I've got this lovely lump / bandage on the side of my butt. Sometimes I think that's what I feel when sitting down, standing, moving around. It really doesn't hurt... it's just there. Other times, it feels like a muscle cramp.

I've moved on to walking with a cane yesterday. Every day I feel a bit more mobile - whether it's getting out of a chair, sitting down, moving around in general, etc. I walked our deck with a cane yesterday, and knew for sure I'd be sore today, but last night around 10pm noticed the sore / stiff feeling had mostly worn off.
Here's the bandage photo. [Bonesmart.org] Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR Several friends and I were on FB discussing the asterisk mark - evidently they'd had team logos & messages drawn on their body parts during various procedures. :heehee:

My last surgery I used an OTC product called Mederma to heal the scar. I'm sure there are other natural products that are just as effective and will probably look into that. Unless you know where to look on my arm, it's not that visible.
 
@CatLady1 I took my bandage off this morning when I took a real shower and washed my hair. Nurses said I could take it off on day 7 post op with op being 0 so OFF. It is glued but looks clean. One more milestone.
If I can figure out how to post a photo, I will do so. I don't have an asterisk :( only some horizontal lines about every inch.
Food is packed in big zip lock freezer bags and, surprisingly, doesn't take up a lot of room. They deliver the pkgs to me in a big cooler bag and just hand the individual bags to me or pop them in an ice chest I leave out on the porch. I would think that the discount coupons would work even with out of state delivery. I used FBSAVE this time for $10 off. Usually they have a code coupon on facebook or in the email reminder they send to order early. I pay $10 delivery fees so $10 off makes delivery seem to be free.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Ooh thats quick was told to keep it covered for two weeks - must be a Uk thing, or is it just different surgeons? . Mine is glued too.


Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016. Posterior approach with ceramic on ceramic prosthesis.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom