Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ljrfrm omg now I'm craving Mexican! And let's not forget the margarita!! When we are ready we will have to toast with a virtual one! lol
@rosietosie I agree with ljrfrm bonesmart has been such a great source of information and has alleviated a lot of my fears. I don't have a ice machine, just these really neat gel ice packs that fit into a fabric holder so I can have 2 ice packs on each knee. Personally, I can't ice all night, as I move around a lot. If I could give you any advice, (which I learned here) that would be to make sure you stay on top of your meds. Make sure when you are in the hospital that you get what you need every 4 hours. I'd also say how important PT is. You should not be in pain, but you will be in discomfort. Don't be afraid of that. It really helps with your mobility. Good luck with your surgery and keep us up to date on how you are doing. I will be sending you some good healing prayers your way.
I've had a really good weekend. I'm sleeping upstairs in my own bed now and it's awesome! Last night I was able to sleep on my side for about an hour! It is the little things.
@ljrfrm so glad to hear you are using a cane, and welcome to the Frankenstein club. lol. I hope your swelling is doing better. I can't believe that we are at 3weeks already! Wow time flies when you are having fun.
I haven't gone out for lunch yet, as I was not sure how I'd be sitting in a booth, or even going to the bathroom there. BUT.... my sister in law had her birthday a few days ago and my husband wants to take her out to lunch, so that will be my first excursion. Your experience gives me the courage to try.
I've been pushing my med times from every 4 hours to every 5 sometimes 6 hours, except at night. So far it's working pretty good, but if I do get in pain, I will take something.
@tiredwife hope you and your hubby are doing well and you had a great weekend. I can't believe that this is that last of August.
 
@Crow22 We had company for the weekend, and hubby is having restless nights so I need a good nights sleep!
Got a new lawn mower battery, but not up to mowing in this heat yet. Was going grocery shopping, but the home nurse called and said she was stopping by. She will be releasing him today. He is walking with a cane now. His main pain is the thigh above the knee where the muscle was cut. He is doing good. How is yours progressing? Hope you are doing good?
 
@Crow22 We see to be just about at the same recovery point - from how often meds are needed, the Frankenstein walk, etc. I do think you can do lunch! My biggest problem was that it was uncomfortable to have my leg hanging down - but just ask for a booth.....and rest your feet across from you. I made sure we ate quick enough that I didn't need to use the bathroom out, as I wasn't sure how that would go!

So happy you are back to your own bed - that makes such a difference!! Keep up the great work!!!!

And YES, we will definitely have our virtual margarita toast soon......MMMMMMMMmmmmm. My neighbor made us dinner last night - yummy enchiladas. Unfortunately, no margaritas included - which is for the best as I'm not sure it would go well with my hydrocodone LOL. We will be toasting soon though :)
 
No margaritas, but your influence led me to pick up some take out Mexican this weekend. Yum.:heehee:
 
@Crow22 Oh dear, I think I started a craving for Mexican food! Maybe I can change that, I've been craving a good lasagna and cheese cake!
How are you doing today? This whole summer has kind of flown by. My house is in dire need of a good scrubbing, but as soon as I try to do something hubby thinks he should help and overdoes it (like mowing this morning). I find it easier just to do the bare minimum to keep him still.
 
Lasagna and cheesecake? You're evil @tiredwife :rotfl: That sounds great. Do you deliver?
 
I had an amazing lasagna the other night - made by someone who brought us dinner. I asked her for the recipe - it was that delish! I had two frozen burritos for lunch - still on my Mexican kick. But mmmmm, cheesecake? Now that would hit the spot!! Thanks @tiredwife LOL.
 
@ljrfrm Your welcome! I have made some actual homemade cheesecakes from scratch before, they are so much better than those Walmart cheesecakes in their bakery section, but a pain to make!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife I may have to have hubby buy a crust and that cheesecake filling that comes in a tub. Quick and easy to make, and enough to satisfy a craving.
 
Hang in there with the Frankenstein walk---I had it, too---and it took me about five months or so to finally lose a limp and the total stiffness.

It does get better, and it does go away---I was wondering, like you---when it would go away, and eventually, it did!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@referee54 Our Frankenstein walk will go perfect for Halloween - just need the costumes.........And Chicken Parmesan sounds delicious!!
@Crow22 We've taken over your thread with food LOL......have we made you hungry yet???
 
@referee54 I think I started the highjack yesterday with talk of Mexican food! So don't blame yourself, it is my fault they are having cravings! Wait, I think it was Friday , how time flies.
 
And I was the one that went off the deep end with cravings....blame it on too much time sitting on this recliner :)
 
Ha ha ha @tiredwife , @ljrfrm , @referee54 , @kneeper not to worry about a take over! I'm just lovin all the talk of food! lol. Now I'm not only wanting Mexican, but dang tiredwife, that cheesecake sounds really good and referee54 sounds like some pasta with home made sauce might be in order!!
I'm doing well, got a cane on Tuesday that my pt girl showed me how to use, so I've been motoring around with that. I did walk up to our greenhouse the other day with my walker and it was really great to be able to get inside and see all that wonderful food that is growing in leaps and bounds. It's very hilly where we live so when one walks up hill, one must come down! so I just took it slow and did fine. I did get out with my husband last night to see a friend of ours band play at a local ice cream shop! A match made in heaven, music and ice cream, and I could even sit at a picnic table without discomfort. Now granted I wasn't the fastest thing on two legs and a cane, but I did pretty good!
I talked to a nurse friend of mine and she suggested that to help me transition my time between the Norco, to take some Advil. So I'm following a post by Josephine and am taking my norco, then 2 hours later Advil, then taking another Norco 6 hrs from the first. So far so good, and it is helping somewhat with the swelling. I am only taking 1 - 5-325 Norco tab at a time and 400 mg of Advil in between. It was suggested to take 800mg of Advil, but that just seems way too much for me. I'm worried about my liver and kidneys with all this medicine. I hardly ever take anything.

@ljrfrm I too am a Reiki Master/teacher!! Way too funny that you are getting Reiki by your friend. I really believe it works, and have worked on myself. I believe that it has helped with the healing, along with all the other things we are doing. I like to say East meets West in medicine!
Okay, now I'm going to get something to eat, as you all have made me hungry! Hummmmmm so many choices!
Blessings to you all and hope everyone is doing well, @referee54 perhaps we can start a new club: the present and former Frankensteiners!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom