Countdown to my 2nd hip replacement - feeling fragile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which doctor are you waiting to see, @uktanny ? If it's your GP, make sure you get in contact with him on Monday.

How bad is the cellulitis? Where is it on your leg? Over how many inches does it extend and is it the entire circumference or just a patch?
 
@uktanny Jo left you some questions on your original thread. Hope you are OK!
 
Hi.. I noticed the redness this morning, and said to the nurse could it be cellulitis? I've had it once before. She thought it may be. I'm still in hospital, saw a doctor in the morning, he thought it was okay. They've drawn lines. Say another doctor at 5, she agreed it was hot and red and had spread, so took some blood and said she would give me 3 days of oral flucloxatine. And that would be at 6. So i relaxed and fell asleep woke at 8 two find her gone and she hasn't written them up!!!! My thigh and bum are hot and it's now pink in the top of my calf. Actually the gym bitwise pink not red. I have no temperature. Yet! They have now said they will getanother doctor when one is free:-(
 
I was doing really well, but obviously feel very worried,that if it is infected antibiotics are needed quickly. Is it normal for pinkness to be in the calf? There is no bruise there, the bruise is at the back of my thigh
 
The nurse brought me some ice. The nurse also swabbed it this morning x
 
Yes, but that's no reason not to see a doctor! I had cellulitis once, it spread from my ankle all the way to mid thigh. My skin was strawberry pink, hot and looked like orange peel. It ached and burned and when I got to my feet, it felt like someone had infused my leg with molten lead! Agony! My GP wanted me in hospital for IV antibiotics but I refused and opted for oral drugs instead. Of course, I suffered terribly with upset stomach and bowels but after about 12 weeks, it did finally settle down and I was able to go back to work. Does this sound anything like yours?
 
Tanny, you had two conversations going on about your cellulitis so I took the liberty of merging them!
Hope you don't mind!
 
Hiya guys.. well I'm still in hospital, and my temperature is normal. I saw a doctor last night, she was very good and looked thoroughly at the whole area, she agreed it was hot and pink, but that as I was feeling well, ie no temperature, that she didn't think it was cellulitis, also my bloods looked okay, account where they should be considering just had an operation. She said it could be erythema. Which I've never heard of, she said it's like a reaction to something. Also requested nurse check my temperature every 3 hours. So feeling reassured and happier now. think my fear of cellulitis is because of getting it 13 years ago and it was rapidly advancing, went from small area of pink skin to large livid purple area on my stomach in 12 hours, the doctor thought I had necrotising fascitis! Spent 8 days in hospital on 3 different IV meds..I'm not in pain from it, so think I can now runs worrying:-)
 
So relieved @uktanny . Sounds like your are finally heading in the right direction. Could you have had a reaction to medication or something they used in theatre? Scary for you I'm sure. Please keep us updated. We are all cheering you on!
 
Thanks much for your replies when I was in a so worried in hospital! I'm home and in my recliner with my legs elevated, like a good bonesmartie :) I'll check in again soon :loveshwr:
 
Hurrah! Welcome home! Get those mantras going - you know the drill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom