Guest viewing is limited

TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

Because I was paranoid about putting my leg anywhere that it might pick up an infection before totally closed, if it were me I'd wait until your doctor can see it. However, @KarriB might have another viewpoint, since she dealt with an infection. Since your incision is otherwise so nicely healed, it does look like something might be working its way out from one of the layers that were closed.
 
Does your own doctor live closer than two hours away? I think that someone should look at that spot on your incision. You probably need to phone your surgeon as well, just to let him know. It may be nothing significant, but it is wise to play safe.

It would be best to stay out of the bath until it's healed, too.
 
Agree with Celle, I would not play around with the spot. I'm sure it's nothing, but an ounce of prevention...I also wouldn't put anything on the incision until your OS says it's ok. After my infection I was very careful about that. No shower for a month, no lotion on the incision for about two months.
 
Hi jenny

That looks like a stitch that was under the skin that the body is trying to spit out

Call the doc and sometimes they put you on antibiotics

I had one and ius came out and my is said no pool with it open to skin
 
Definitely looks like a stitch to me! I had so many pop out the OS and the PT called me a 'stitch spitter'! As others have said it's best to stay clear of immersing the area in water until the it's totally closed up to avoid the chance of infection. In my case that was eight weeks!
 
I know nothing, but it looks like a stitch of some kind to me too.

Your scar looks amazing!!


TKR - August 31, 2015
 
It could well be a stitch, but it still needs to be looked at.
 
It could well be a stitch, but it still needs to be looked at.
Hi Celle,
I emailed pics to my doctor's office today and they will be contacting me tomorrow, as both he and his PA were out today. Thank you for the good idea about going to my local primary doc. I will mention it when they call me tomorrow. For now, I have stopped with all lotions and submerging it, showers and regular soap only.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions! So nice to not feel alone when these oddball things occur!
 
Hiya,

My doctor's office confirmed our suspicions that the odd thing on my incision is indeed a stitch poking out! Thanks to everyone on here who chimed in to reassure me and to give practical advice. It is a dissolvable stitch, but can take up to 3 months to be fully absorbed. They advised no pools, hot tubs, or lotion until it is gone.

It was a relief to hear it was a common and minor issue. Why do we worry so much?!?:scare:I hope my pictures help others who find themselves with odd area on their incision areas, because I couldn't find any on this website. I admit, I am not the best site navigator at times...

Happy Weekend Everyone!
:kayak::kayak:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom