Guest viewing is limited

THR Completed on June 14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elle, congratulations on the 3 months!

Lovely to get an update from you. I can relate to those long days, mine are often 10 - 11.5 hour days.. seems to be the norm now.

I am so pleased that you are so active and enjoying your 3 month old hip.. flexibility will come, still plenty of time. I am with Dorothy's PT.. always had my personal formula, 90% recovered at 12 months, 100% recovered at 18 - 24 months... I suspect it is that last 10% that takes the longest... same with anything in life really.

Love the fact that you have got on your bike, I hope to get back to riding when our weather is more consistent. For the time being, I am loving the Nordic Walking..

Hugs
 
Hello there gorgeous Bonesmart lovlies!

Just popping by to see how folks are getting on, as well as updating my own thread. Thank you, Sandy Poppet, for you comments. Hmm, don;t know why I show on-line when thta is not my settings, but I guess I am feeling more confident there are no psycho web stalkers on this site!!

I am now biking longer than I did pre-op with arthritis! Today I biked so hard my legs were throbbing. Don't fret, mama hens, I know the difference between good muscle throbbing from exercise and red-flag pain! Saw a couple people whihc must have been using the nordic walkers and thought of you, Sandy.

Yoga practice is very focused and slow, but I see miniscule changes for the better. Actually, I have come to love my practice even more. In searching the net for other hippy yoginis, I came across this broken link removed: https://www.dancerhips.com/story.html called Dancerhips by a dcotor/dancer/accupuncturist. On it, she has a whole collection of strories by dancers and other active types which might be good for the library, Jamie;??, as we seem to often get whippersnappers worried about losing their mobility. The doctor's story is very thoughtful and the other stories cover the range from amazing to difficult. (Just like ours on this site!)

One of the intersting things she touched on was how tired she was at even 6 months and stressed the magnitude of this operation. Personally, I am not tired at all, but I only think it is because I am sleeping for the first time in a decade! However, it was a good reminder to rest more! She also talks about depression, which I think is a very real thing for most of us.

Next weekend I am making a trans-Pacific flight from Asia to USA whihc includes two long layovers and ever longer flights. One is 14 hours. I guess not really that bad. The thought crossed my mind to carry my cane for some extra care, but that would be cheating.

Ok, good people, be gentle with yourselves.

Hugs,
Elle
 
Hi Elle, I'm so happy to hear you continue to do well. Yoga, biking, taking a long flight ... you are amazing! Remember to allow extra time at the airports. My hip class instructor said to tack on an extra hour because of the increased security concerns--you'll be setting off all the metal detectors and causing quite a stir :-)

Take care,

Dorothy
 
taking a cane cheating???? my dear Elle, taking fold up cane, in case you need it, would be not cheating, just being prepared. I always think, when I am prepared and bring something along, that is the time I don't need it haha. I am not sure about you but the long time sitting would make me really stiff. You will (as I am sure you know) need to get up often on that long flight. ...and where in the U.S. might you be visiting????

I am so glad you are doing well. You go girl, biking, yoga, working etc. It is true about rest. I can go along for a chunk of time and feel just fine, then a week will come along where I need extra rest. It always surprises me, then I just tell myself some healing must be going on. Thanks for the update. You are an inspiration, CAthy
 
Hi Elle,

It sounds like you are doing wonderfully and getting back to a nice, new level of normalcy with your life. I hope that you have a great trip and that your hip does well too :) good idea to bring a cane, just in case...

Take care,
Cardie
 
It's my one year anniversary!!

Dear lovely people of Bonesmart,

I had to come here to say how much I appreciated this forum, how much I learned and what good energy I got from Josephine, Poppet, Sharon, Alex, Jamie, Cardie, Cathy, Dorothy and so many other sterling people. The camaraderie buoyed me through the journey.

Poppet aptly noted that at 12 months one is 90%. I often feel 100%, but that is because I am gobsmacked at my pain-free movements and good sleep. In March I was able to take my students on a serious hike in the rain forest, something I had not been able to do for four years! Looking back, I must have been out of my mind to have endured such a high level of pain and immobility. I was sure with the right yoga routine, massage or, herbal concoction, I would be able to prevail. I didn't. Learning to "let go and let God" was not easy for me.

I am biking, teaching yoga and having deep, pain free sleeps. I have needed the year to become reacquainted with my body. Practicing yoga is even more beautiful for me, as I must pay even closer attention. I also had to accept there are some poses that may be out of my reach perhaps forever...and it doesn't matter. I am frequently giddy with gratitude.

So let me end on a note of encouragement if you are hesitating having the surgery- do it! If you are struggling through recovery, be patient, love yourself and connect with people on this forum.

Hugs to all of you!

Elle
 
So lovely to hear from you Elle! Congrats on you 1 year anniversary. Well done! These are the posts we love to see!
 
Hi@Elle11 Thank you so much for your very positive post and congratulations on your first anniversary. It's 3 months since my RTHR and I am just beginning to see some improvements therefore I find that reading positive updates like yours so uplifting and encouraging. It sounds like you are indeed living life to the full.
 
Elle11, congratulations on your one year anniversary and what a great update.

I am so thrilled that life is so much improved and you are back to the activities that you love, great news!

I so often wonder how you are doing, don't be a stranger now... Hugs xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Completed on June 14, 2012
Elle11, it is so good to hear from you----what a fantastic update---another inspiring hippie recovery from a poster child for THR and the BoneSmart way. So happy for you that you are back to living and enjoying your life with a great pain free hip!

As Poppet said, please don't be a stranger. Update us from time to time. Take care, we care.
 
Happy Anniversary Elle11 it's wonderful to hear from you and know that you are doing so well!!

I hope you continue with all your activities and may you adapt and adjust enough to get back to those yoga poses that may seem unreachable now, at some point in the future. You are much more advanced that I, but in PT they have me working on the pigeon still.... and I'm now taking an adaptive yoga class. Maybe one day to graduate to something slightly more advanced, we'll see :)

Take care and good hearing from you,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom