Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I hope your life is returning to blessed normal, Clara! After a scare like that, one gets a newfound appreciation for "normal", and we're less likely to take our wonderful lives for granted. One of the things I always notice from checking in on BoneSmart is that we all have so many worries that are never realized. You'd think we could just relax a bit, but noooo, we have to fret anyway. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.
 
@zammie24 yes, my husband and I are Cuban, I have lived in this wonderful country since I was 11 and my husband since he was 4. We are actually going to Cuba, for a short trip, next week, we are staying with my cousin she lives in Cojimar. It is a bitter-sweet experience going to visit, I love seeing my family, but I hate seeing the challenges they have to face on daily basis. I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday in Cuba, it has been a long time since I had a birthday there.
 
I can see how the trip will be bittersweet. But I'm so happy you get to go. Wow.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Well I accidentally made a big boo boo on my knee yesterday. I could not find my Mederma cream with SFP so I sprayed Nutrogena Sunscreen on my knee because I was wearing a pair shorts and part of the scar was exposed, well I guess that area is still very sensitive and now I have a red rash that stings and it also it stinks that I did that, but I really thought it would be ok. I put some A&D diaper rash ointment (my granddaughters') and it actually feels better and it seems less red...:bawl:There is always something:gaah:
 
Oh man. Is it your whole knee or just the scar? I'm afraid to do anything to that!
 
@uva55 Wow, I would of done the same thing with the sun screen. Wow the things we will encounter on this journey is crazy. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Cuba!
 
@sistersinhim I was a spray can so its the entire front the knee, anywhere the spray hit. :(

Sometimes I feel that after TKR they should put you in a bubble and don't let you our for at least 6 months.:flabber:
 
@thecoll Thanks, I will, I have to pack tonight. My cousin in Cuba sends me e-mails every day, she can't wait, I guess she has planned a big birthday party for me on Saturday, LOL
 
I've used spray sunscreen today and no reaction. I'm guessing that you are allergic to this particular brand. Too bad. I hope the rash goes away quickly.
 
I know what you mean! Every little thing seems to escalate other 'problems'. We're so careful with our knees now, but still can do things to make them angry. I remember about two months ago a was having some mean pains and thought I'd try arthritis formula Tiger Balm. It made it much worse! I got that washed up as fast as possible. I won't do that again! Ice on it and moisturizer and that's all!

Have a wonderful, painfree trip! Stay safe!
 
Saying prayers that the rash heals quickly. My scar is so dry it's irritating but OS told me not to put anything on it except soap and water. I thought he would have a stroke when I asked about plain Vaseline, much less a moisturizer. But I would have used sunscreen -- never thought not to!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Ughh thats sounds painful. NOT fair. I went to put some eyedrops in my dry eyes a few days ago. I picked up a small bottle of hand sanitizer, opened it, but just before I put in in my eye, the shape of the bottle just felt wrong. Whew, that could have been very un fun.

Are you leaving for Cuba Saturday? Hope you have a spectacular trip.
 
@sheliac my OS told me I could use Mederma after 6 weeks, once the scar was 100% healed, I use the one with SFP, but yesterday I was in a hurry trying to leave the house and could not find it so I thought the sunscreen would be ok, he said to make sure to use sunscreen for the first year to make sure the scar would not be so noticeable, so I never thought twice about spraying it. I washed it with soap and water about 1 1/2 ago and applied Caledryl , it actually feels much better it is not as red.
 
@dianehelen we leave Thursday morning for Cuba and come back on Monday, I used up all the vacation time I had so we can't stay longer.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom