THR Chessie checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chessie your scar looks extremely good for 8 days pidt op ! I'm now waiting for tge nurse to come and take ly bandage and stiches in a few minutes. Maybe I'll post a picture too later lol...
Regarding the tramadol O'm not surprised you had an allergic reaction. I've had tramadol prescribed in the past for RA pain and it makes me so robot-like..I really hate it.
I see yoy were saying you were going to try driving. Have you done that yet?
 
Sorry about all the typos!! I'm writing laying on the ciuch!
 
just caught up with your recovery thread @Chessie sounds like you are rocking along! I barely think about the hip any more at 11 weeks out. been biking as much as I want, (spin and road) and am signed up for a 50 mile tour August 16. I must say that sleeping through the night is the almost as good as not hurting when I work out!
cheers!
 
@GabsJL , no, not yet. But I think I will do so this weekend. I really feel fine - should be no issues with driving at all now. I just not have had a need as right now I have plenty of offers of transportation from my son, mom, and BF! I am getting a bit spoiled! :snork:

@Dieter, thanks for checking in! So SO glad to hear about your biking! Man I cannot wait to get back on my new Salsa! Also can't wait until I feel comfortable turning over in different directions, so that I can sleep!


I am doing some yardwork today - mostly just spraying weeds. I see crabgrass everywhere and it's driving me nuts!!
 
@GabsJL , Just wanted to let you know that I did drive yesterday. Went the grocery store to pick up a few things and did just fine! Very liberating. :snork:

Also, I put my anklet back on for the first time since surgery - yay! Felt almost naked without it as I never take it off.

AND, I walked 1.5 miles today!!!!:egypdance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another va hippy chick here - happy customer - only I'm in Northern va :)
Xoxox to code and chessie


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
That's great @Chessie so happy for you! Each time you do something you couldn't do before, it is so very satisfying! For me it was last week when I could get in the tub to take a shower by walking in with my good leg and swinging the operated leg after. Driving means major progress congratulations! ! And the ankle bracelet is an added bonus!
 
13 days out now. Had my post-op this morning, and got the okay to head back to the gym - woo hoo!!! I'll be on that stationary bike tonight! Driving fine, walking pretty good - still taking the cane but not using it much. I won't be taking it to the gym that is for sure! :)
 
@Chessie , Great news! I don't get my "4 week" followup until 5 weeks out so I'm chomping at the bit to get released to work out. I started driving today and stopped using the cane a few days ago unless I go for really long walks. What about swimming? Did your doctor say when you can swim in a pool or the ocean? How about taking a bath? When I called my dr's office, the receptionist said there was no swimming for 4 months!!!! I couldn't believe that so I am going to ask the PA to call me so I can ask all of these questions. I'm headed to the beach on Sunday and would like to know if I can go in the water.
 
Oh congrats to you and best wishes on a safe, relatively pain free , restful recovery my friend!
 
@Chessie , Great news! I don't get my "4 week" followup until 5 weeks out so I'm chomping at the bit to get released to work out. I started driving today and stopped using the cane a few days ago unless I go for really long walks. What about swimming? Did your doctor say when you can swim in a pool or the ocean? How about taking a bath? When I called my dr's office, the receptionist said there was no swimming for 4 months!!!! I couldn't believe that so I am going to ask the PA to call me so I can ask all of these questions. I'm headed to the beach on Sunday and would like to know if I can go in the water.


Doc said pool was fine, but wait a few weeks on the ocean (ocean is very germy). Baths are fine - go for it!!! :tada:

I did 15 miles on the bike tonight - no pain! Call me happy!
 
What a brilliant report @Chessie - very happy for you and 15 miles on the bike is outstanding!!!
In regard to the swimming and ocean I found (pre-op) that the action of the waves caused a lot of involuntary movement in the hips giving me terrible pain - I don't know if it may affect you post-op as a dislocation risk?
 
This is a hot topic for me @Chessie and @fulafoto. Planning to go away for 10 days or so to Minorca, a lovely Spanish island, the 3rd week of August but if I can't even go in the water to cool off a bit while on the beach, this sounds like a big problem! I was told no swimming before 3 months but does that include not getting wet at all? I didn't think to ask my surgeon the last time I saw him at the hospital. This is the same question that @CodeGirl had.2..
Anyway things sound really good for you @Chessie!
 
What a brilliant report @Chessie - very happy for you and 15 miles on the bike is outstanding!!!
In regard to the swimming and ocean I found (pre-op) that the action of the waves caused a lot of involuntary movement in the hips giving me terrible pain - I don't know if it may affect you post-op as a dislocation risk?


@fulafoto Bill I definitely agree. I would not want to go into the ocean yet - and have no intention of doing so. It was one of the things that was getting difficult for me before surgery - I live at the beach and we go in the water a lot, but I no longer enjoyed going in when it was a rough day - painful to fight those waves. I am a good swimmer and love the water - but I only went in on calm days. I expect I will continue that this summer.
 
Thanks @GabsJL. Yeah, not sure I would go in the ocean that soon...that kinda stinks with your planned trip already. :sad: But don't go by me - ask your surgeon what he thinks. I am conservative about ocean water for this issue - I love love love salt water and normally think that it is a great healer for itchy bites and things like that...but the thought of infection is just too scary so I am staying out for a few more weeks.
 
@Chessie I think that's a great idea to keep it to calmer water. I remember the last time in the surf for me which was last September I literally crawled out of the water on all fours in total agony.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom