Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Nivea said is exactly how I have been getting in and out BEFORE surgery with a lot of pain. I surely could not do it today, though, of course, I don't need to for several weeks. ...and like Jacey said, in a few weeks flexibility starts coming back. It will all work out :smile2:
 
Yup, VThereandnow....before surgery was awful. I needed a LTHR but I could not raise my RIGHT leg to get into the drivers side. Not sure if that is all from the left hip or something from my back, which I need to have looked at. Getting into the car on the passenger side is easier as there is no steering wheel, so it was easier to just sit and swing legs. I actually learned all of that when my mom went for endless PT sessions....she had many strokes. I had also learned to up/down stairs...up with the good, down with the bad. So when I did the PT session in the hospital, I went up before she had a chance to tell me what to do.
 
Hi. I have a question. My mom had ltkr last week she is day 6. She is 79 and went home day 3. She was a mess last night with too much morphine so called surgeon and meds were drastically reduced. 15 mg in morning and night. My question is about pt. she's too tired and doses most of the day. When we do her 4 exercises 3x a day she almost falls asleep doing them. Help. I know they are important so what do I do.
 
WEEK THREE RECOVERY

Today the sun is shinning so I'm really anxious to get out of the house and walk for a few minutes. I am now walking around inside the house without my cane but still like to keep it close by. I walked back and forth on the sidewalk in front of our house for around 10 minutes this morning. Husband took a short video of me walking with a nice smooth gait, some with and without my cane. We sent the video to our son who lives on the other side of the United States from us, so he could see my progress. He was surprised that I didn't need my walker any longer. He calls me on the phone every few days but doesn't get to see my progress. My two
Other children live close and we see them once or twice a week. Anyway my son really appreciated
The video.
Later we went for a quick trip to Costco and I rode in the wheelchair with a shopping basket on the front. My husband pushed me around the store and we were in and out quick. Picked up a hot turkey with Provolone and tomato sandwich and ate in the car.
Home for icing and a nap then had another delightful walk in the sun. Just one block over and one back. Home in my recliner with ice again and elevation. Husband has two Cornish game hens in the oven. Yummy. I'm done for today.
Everyone have a great day and best wishes for your recovery. [emoji846][emoji259][emoji173]



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Kind of lost track of you and I know you are now farther out than this but hooray for you. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks for me and you are way ahead of me. It's ok, just sayin :)

Glad you are doing so well!
 
I started driving at 4 weeks with no problem, just had to find the right coordination of getting in my rather tall car. Getting out was a lot easier. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and have pretty much resumed my regular activities but still get tired quicker. By the time evening comes I'm shot and retire to my recliner. I have been making myself go for a slow walk after dinner for about 15 minutes when we're not having rain.
I returned this week to my warm water pool exercises. It feels wonderful and I do my range of motion and strengthening exercises in there.
Had my grandaughter over yesterday to do my garden cleanup and I worked behind her picking up the rubbish with my grabber stick. Had a wonderful time in the lovely sunshine.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom