Guest viewing is limited

Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for you! Coming out with a smile on your face and off to a good start of recovery. May it keep going as well as it is right now. :)
 
I am happy to hear you made it and are doing well [emoji4].


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Cherdonnay congratulations on your surgery! I'm nearly 2 weeks out and my progress has been amazing so look forward to feeling great now you're here! I'm off my pain meds already and sleeping like a baby plus hopping about the house like a spring chicken. Just take it easy and you'll be soon the same [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cherdonnay congratulations on your surgery! I'm nearly 2 weeks out and my progress has been amazing so look forward to feeling great now you're here! I'm off my pain meds already and sleeping like a baby plus hopping about the house like a spring chicken. Just take it easy and you'll be soon the same [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Thank you


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay for you! Coming out with a smile on your face and off to a good start of recovery. May it keep going as well as it is right now. :)

Thanks[emoji106][emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So happy to hear from you. Having to wait must have been hard, but now it is over. Rest and recover. Enjoy that new hip!
 
So happy for you @Cherdonnay. I am less than a week ahead of you and am settling into a recovery routine. When do you go home from the hospital?
 
I came home from hospital yesterday afternoon. Very hard getting into my car but the ride home was comfortable. I got into my Lazy Boy lift recliner. Just iced and elevated and a few trips to bathroom. I'm on 50mg of Tramadol and 1000 mg Tylenol every 6 hours. Resting pain is 1. The only thing that hurts is getting into bed, I can get out of bed pretty easy though. Physical therapy came today and just did 4 easy exercises. 5 minutes worth. I was tired when he left so took a nap with elevation and ice. A wonderful friend brought me a ice machine to borrow. They are great but too expensive for me.
I have a small amount of swelling and bruising but not much. I was able to sleep on my back with pillow under knees and also one segment on my non-operative side. It was hard to get in position but once I did, I was comfortable.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome home to you. Resting pain is 1? Wow, good for you. Hope every day gets better. Sounds like you are on a good path forward
 
Welcome home! Sounds like you are doing all the right things to keep that swelling and pain under control. Well done!
 
Hi Cherdonnay,

Sounds like you are doing really well! Great result to have so little pain. It took me about a week or so for it to become easier to get my leg into bed. After that, it quickly improves a bit each day.

Have a good weekend and take it very easy!
Diane xx
 
I have been able to sleep on my back for most of the night and my side for a break. I sleep 3 to 4 hours at time. Husband is here to help me get back in bed. Getting up isn't as hard for me I don't get the hang of things to get back in without it hurting. I'm falling asleep so will write more tomorrow. All in all I'm doing well


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad to see you are finally post op @Cherdonnay!

Just had mine on the 9th and am really enjoying my new range of motion and pain free hip.

Like you, my pain has been both minimal and manageable, but he has me on time released Morphine 2x a day and Oxycodone, if need be.

In between I eat, sleep, ice, elevate, meds, walk with walker, repeat. Monday will already be my 3rd and last PT appointment, since Im doing so well, and I can transition to a cane whenever I feel comfortable doing so.

All in all, this surgery has been a life changing miracle and for the first time in a long time, I can look forward to resuming the life I had that OA had stolen from me...
 
Glad all is well with you @Cherdonnay :) The getting into bed is much harder than the getting out - try inching your bottom as far back as you can go on the bed so your legs slide around. Mine got a lot easier to manage about 2-3 week mark so it won't be long before the log-leg feeling goes and it becomes less painful to move.
Have a good, relaxing weekend!
Sam x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sammylou thanks for the encouragement. The occupational therapist gave me a tip on getting in bed. I couldn't do it at first but now after a few try's, it does help. I sit back on edge of bed as far as I can with legs also angled towards bottom of bed. I place the hook (handle end) of the Cain underneath my operated leg. I lift the good leg in towards bed and use the cane to hold up my operated leg. It takes a couple movements and works with less pain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hope56 it's good to hear you are going so well. My husband tells me my hair is smoother now than before surgery. You are 9 days out now, time does fly. Just need to get the plumbing up and going. Take care


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Spell check changed gait to hair. Lol crazy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom