THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

Well folks, I am feeling very very blessed. My surgeon said his favourite anesthesiologist was on today, so I put on my big girl pants and asked if I could have the spinal with sedation. Unfortunately, after I was under, I became quite "wiggly" apparently, so I was put under general. I didn't ask at what point that happened. What I do know is that I was wide awake in the recovery area, which I hardly remember last time. My blood pressure dropped again, and I needed a little O2 again, but was amazed at how fast things shook out. Did two walks around to the nurses station once everything stabilized. ......and I came home at 5:45 PM same day!! I am so amazed!! :happydance:

As my head was clear, I was able to think about and be thankful for all the for the advice Bonesmart has given me on this journey. Thank you:flwrysmile: and I'm heading to bed!
 
Congrats on making it home, @Alitm, and hope the sunshine is streaming in through your windows this morning as it is through mine! It's usually a mood booster for me, and I'm hoping for you as well, as you set out on this second round of recovery. Seems like you are feeling pretty good, with a clear head--always a bonus after surgery. Onwards!
 
@Alitm, so what were you trying to do under sedation? Wake up and observe the surgery ... Did you want to talk the surgeon through the process?! ... Oh, you tricky one you ... :loll:Glad to hear things went well ... Great comment that your surgeon had his favorite anesthesiologist working ... That's huge, I think--that the surgeon have their favorite team. Great that you woke up from the general anesthesia so well ...
 
Happy Saturday!
I hope you had a good first night at home and that your pain is well managed.
Wondering if you feel like this > :tiredwheel: Starting over again after two months.
You've done so well with recovery. I'm sure you have it down and will do just as well,
if not better this go round. Especially because it's all familiar and still fresh in your mind.
There must be some comfort in that.

Warm wishes for a peaceful relaxing weekend!
 
Thinking about you @Alitm - wondering if you made it home or needed to stay at the Spa for a night? I had to chuckle when you said you complained of pain with the spinal and they put you out - not because of the pain (never laugh at that) but because you were talking. I had NO IDEA we would be able to converse with the spinal (and twilight zone). Not sure I want to know what I may have shared. I am glad you didn't feel pain when you woke up, that's the way it should be.

I do so hope you were able to get home, rested peacefully there - husband is able to be there with you!!

Sending warm thoughts from cold, snowy, icy Colorado!
:snow plough:
 
Welcome to the double happy double hippy club @Alitm!! in a world of triathlons, tri-tips, triangles and trimesters... we are thankful there are no trilateral hippys. You are done, sister!! Two and true. No more to go. You now have a sparkling set of new twins to love and nurture through infancy ...into toddlerhood and beyond. You have so much fun ahead of you, you can't even imagine! Today I inadvertently broke into dancing in the kitchen, just like old times.... (Very olde times!) but better because I relished the no pain feature. All the parts are working in collaboration now and it hasn't really been that long. Not even two months for Hipster #2. Your horsies are probably sensing it, getting excited to have you back in form and back with them very soon.

Even if you improve quickly... Do not be seduced by the ODIC doorman. :bignono:

He can be overly welcoming, overly friendly, and I think he may be a shape shifter. Stay the course and marry your ice machine for now.

So happy you were plugged in and network connected this time so you could report back right away. I remember last hip, it took a little while to get online - I was starting to think you'd been kidnapped by some black market titanium thief. :) So happy it all went well! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Double Hippys Rocking in the New Year 2019!
:loveshwr::wave::yay: :egypdance: :cheers:
 
Same DAY @Alitm ... extraordinary!!!!
Yes! As @1stSurgery said, you are done, sister! I remember telling my bf shortly after hip #2 that I was thinking, “Next time I’ll have to remember to ...” then realized this was, hopefully IT. And he said ”That’s right, stronger from here on out.” And you know, we are all fortunate to be getting this done now rather than decades ago. It’s pretty much the golden age of joint replacement.
 
Thinking of you this morning (for me):mcoffee: and hoping you have pain managed and you are finding a way to get mostly comfortable!

Last One!:yes!:
Hugs, friend!:friends:
 
Never finished this yesterday (Sat)....Had a good sleep Friday and Saturday night, was very sore Sat, log leg, the works! Bumped up my pain relief to the Dilluaded Friday night. Have had several walks to the bathroom which have been painful. OS said not to worry and to take what I needed within the Rx parameters ! Maybe it was all that dancing around in the OR @Going4fun...muttering about the horse's training schedule or the like....they probably had to knock me out as i wouldn't be quiet! They say that what goes on in the OR stays in the OR! @SurreyGirl I have no idea what I said...hopefully it wasn't too awful!

There are major changes a foot with my smaller hospital here and my OS has said, a major "paradigm shift" is needed in the physio department! My OS is the OS that says no PT for at least six weeks, and to walk to comfort only, and has suggested swimming or elliptical after six weeks...but most of all, no PT.

PT was in a complete flap about the changes on Friday and me being cleared by OS and Ortho nurses to go home same day, as it wasn't "the norm". Different hospital PT on duty from my last surgery. I had to go over all the exercises the PT wanted me to do, despite me saying that that OS wants me to walk only, in order to be able to go home, which of course made me sore. The orthopaedic nurses were great and on the same page as my OS, but the process with the PT on Friday was painful mentally and physically! Anyhow went over all the exercises and then went home. She had me sitting up for a long time too. I bumped up to Dillauded on Friday night at home, iced and have slept a lot, which my body clearly has needed. I've been walking (with walker) to the bathroom, and coming back to the recliner, and the pain is improving, very slowly.. I slept most of Saturday as well, except for my walking to the bathroom, and it is all helping, slowly. So far no itching and we'll see what dreams I have tonight. I really believe that being made to do the PT, on the same day as surgery, so I could go home, was detrimental. Will try the tramacet and tylenol tomorrow.

Hubby made oxtail soup again @Mojo333, with bone broth..from scratch! Perfect for cold weather

:flwrysmile:
 
Yum scrum. The best.:yes:
Keep the pain meds on time ...you know this all temporary and that we are virtually by your side.:friends:
Last One!:ok:
 
@Alitm Too bad, that PT should be taken out back and spanked!!! I hope you recover from that. Oxtail soup and bone broth sounds pretty darn good. sleep well my friend.

Welcome to the double hippy club!
 
It's a slow and somewhat uncomfortable sounding start to this second (and FINAL) hip recovery journey, but resting, icing, appropriate medication and some delicious oxtail soup will all help make things better. We're all cheering for you, and know you've got this and the future is bright. Just give yourself time, and stir up the patience pot until it's overflowing. You're going to need that. Cheers, and happy Sunday.
 
Sending love, big hugs and hoping your pain eases quickly so you're able to rest comfortably.
Wishing you a peaceful night and week ahead.
@Alitm
 
Those first few days can be rough, @Alitm - but It sounds like your pain management is under control. My RTHR was different in many ways from the 2nd/left. More pain for a longer period with the latter. Sleep, sleep, ice. This will pass. That “in need of a paradigm shift” business sounds annoying, but bottom line, you are done. Thank goodness.
 
i've napped my way through the weekend, just like i did with the first hip. So glad the anesthesiologist was great with the general, in that he didn't give me any more than necessary. Starting to feel like I'm turning the corner so will do one more night with the Dillaudid and will switch to the Tramacet tomorrow morning. If that PT hadn't been so crazy about making me to the exercises to see if I could go home, when all she needed to do was watch me walk and get in and out of bed, I could have got by on the Tramacet I'm sure. Oh well, I was able to go home, so its all good.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom