Guest viewing is limited

THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

Perfect pic.
Sounds like the sitter is either super tight on $$ or taking advantage of your situation, or both.:sigh:
Hope all works out well.
Enjoy the day :SUNsmile:
 
@Alitm What a glorious photo!

I’m going back to sleep, pain this morning in the wee hours but now almost none. The cold therapy machine is arriving next week. Wishing you a day of good progress on all fronts.
 
Beautiful photos! Both yours and @EL11
What's better than blue skies, sunshine what a day to take a walk in the park, lol.
EL11 knows where that line comes from :wink: right, EL11? You may be too young @Alitm
I hope you have a beautiful day again. Just like the one in the photo. We're expecting rain after a few beautiful sunny days here.
Hugs always.
 
Gosh, that sitter is really out of line. I would not pay anyone up front. What if she skips out half way through the job? That's just robbery! Hope your interview results in a better option.
 
@Layla Ha ha....I was the last of four in my family, and arrived 8 years later after the third...grew up with a major range of music (my Mum was a music major in college..so we got all that too.....classical and big band!) :) I'm going with "Lazy Day" Spanky and Our Gang. I confess, I got "My, My, My What a Beautiful Day" (not to be confused with U2's "Beautiful Day"!) stuck in my head at first, so ended up plugging in the lyrics to get "Lazy Day"!

We live in the Agricultural Land Reserve, and Forestry zoning in the hills. Great place for healing hips :SUNsmile:
The PNW rain has arrived today in our area.......
 
Yep, you got it! Lazy Day. I just heard it on the 60's station while driving yesterday.
Lucky you with that gorgeous view on a daily basis. Healing in many ways. God's country!
Hugs
@Alitm
 
Good morning, @Alitm. Checking in midmorning today due to required baking and laundry this morning which, of course, was exhausting. But I've got an afternoon event with neighbor ladies (birthday celebration for one of them) so I'm looking forward to that to provide some good cheer. I hope your day is going well, and you get good news regarding your husband's ultra sound. I know it won't be "great" news as it sounds like surgery is in his future too, but at least with additional information you'll be able to formulate a plan for both of you going forward. Have a great day.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Barbaraj, Have a lovely neighbour's b'day party at yours! Hope you get time to ice and elevate in between things. It is always a balance:good-bad:!

Hubs will be back shortly with doc news....so I'm sure I'll have something to report later! :fingersx::praying:! We sort of decided on a loose plan yesterday (so I actually slept last night!), but it is all subject to change with doctor's visit today.

Enjoy your party!
 
Best wishes to you @Alitm and fingers crossed that you get a better person and can tell the first one to go and do one!
 
Last edited:
@EL11 ..@Alitm .... Loved your fall pics. So beautiful. EL11, where in the US do you live ? Our leaves are string to change now. I have tons of acorns all over my yard!
Hope you are both having a great day !
 
@Lea61 I live in Worcester, MA. I was born in NYC but have lived more than half my life on the other coast. The squirrels are going absolutely nuts here (squirrels, nuts ...) Wishing you a good evening. I just looked at your dates—3 months apart, nice. I hope you are doing well, 2 weeks and 2 days out! The first two weeks were most intense for me, max pain medication, self-injecting, sleeping on the couch.
 
@EL11 ... Your "Fall" would start a little sooner than ours. My niece lived in Boston for awhile and loved it. I never got a chance to visit her there and then she ended up moving for a job opportunity in MO offered to her husband.
All our acorns will be coming down soon with the Nor'easter coming up the coast and expected to reach us on Saturday. That's when we go from Fall and head straight to winter.
These first two weeks have been challenging and I still tire easily, especially with the steps; so I do them every other day and take the opportunity to use my shower when I go upstairs.
Your two surgeries were close. Did you feel ready for the second.? My OS won't do the 2nd until 12 weeks. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be ready by then.
Enjoy your beautiful "Fall" walks. :)
 
@EL11 ... Your "Fall" would start a little sooner than ours. My niece lived in Boston for awhile and loved it. I never got a chance to visit her there and then she ended up moving for a job opportunity in MO offered to her husband.
All our acorns will be coming down soon with the Nor'easter coming up the coast and expected to reach us on Saturday. That's when we go from Fall and head straight to winter.
These first two weeks have been challenging and I still tire easily, especially with the steps; so I do them every other day and take the opportunity to use my shower when I go upstairs.
Your two surgeries were close. Did you feel ready for the second.? My OS won't do the 2nd until 12 weeks. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be ready by then.
Enjoy your beautiful "Fall" walks. :)
I didn’t use the stairs at all for over a week either time. You’re doing great!

I ditched the crutch at 6 weeks. The day it was time for my second surgery, I was able to walk down the hospital corridor to the pre-op area unaided. Everyone is different! I have no regrets.

My OS said for me, he thought 6 weeks would be fine. I knew he was well thought of, I trusted him, and that was that.
 
@Jaycey Somehow I missed your post this AM! Thanks for the moral support.

The horse sitter is getting really outrageous in her demands. She lives nearby, so she can't really run out on the job and get away with it. She has always shown up in the past, but this paying in advance is outrageous. I asked her what would happen if she got sick or injured and couldn't do the job? She said of course she'd pay the money back! Yeah right. I basically told her I am not prepared to pay her three weeks in advance for a job she hasn't done, that the money would not be held in escrow, what she was asking was an unethical business practice, and that I wasn't prepared to enter into that agreement. She came back and asked for half up front. This will be the last time I use her. I actually feel like reporting her to the chamber of commerce!

Hopefully tomorrow's interview will hold promise. My neighbour in the meantime has been wonderful, and seems willing to continue, but I don't want to burn her out. Our daughter will be here on and off as of next Thursday for a couple of weeks, our youngest son is doing Sundays and is on half term starting next Thursday, and will be off for three weeks at Christmas. Then it is just Jan to get through. At the moment the feeding grain is easy. It is just the mucking a 17.2 hh horse's stall and run out paddock that Hubs and I find too much at the moment. I can put the hay nets up now...make two smaller nets for the big guy. The mini's hay is easy. I think in another week I could do the mini's stall and run out paddock. I see my OS on Monday for my six week check, so will discuss the mucking with him. My body just says no to the mucking just yet....and I will listen to it! This AM I walked out to the barn and realized I'd totally forgotten the hiking poles. I keep forgetting where I've put them. I am trying to use them outside, as they really help me with my gait on the uneven ground.

In the meantime I'm going to visit my young horse at my trainer friend's place (the hour drive away) on Wednesday. I can't wait to see my third four-legged equine child and see his progress! He doesn't come home until the end of January! I really miss him, but so glad he isn't here right now with all the shenanigans!

@Jaycey The sitter gets full payment, in cash, on day one of the job, so no excuses there!
 
Last edited:
Ha ha @Mojo333 are you having a sleepless in Georgia night? It is midnight here on the west coast and I'm wide awake :bored:. Have my OR pre-op tomorrow! I'll have to have some serious caffeine in the AM :mcoffee:.
 
Hub's ultra-sound results not in yet. :thud: Dr. will call as soon as he gets it...good grief! So we wait.....
 
:mcoffee: I am afraid I crashed and burned way to early yesterday evening...like 8 pm. So 2 am...wide awake! This is becoming a vicious circle and with DST right around the corner...bound to get worse.
I go so hard and fast during the day...if I sit down and eat dinner...stick a fork in me!
My husband likens it to a toddler...hundred miles an hour...then stop...you're asleep in your spagettios !
 
I'm sorry for the anxiousness in waiting for results.
Shall be thinking of you and DH.:friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom