Guest viewing is limited

PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

@NavyGunns thank you! Today I decided I could walk 2 miles and tonight I am paying for it. It felt good at the time!

@Bionic I work on a very busy orthopaedic ward so I guess they have a good understanding of the recovery period but it was still good to hear it!

@Irish471 imagine the excitement when you lift that leg independently the first time.

@JDinCT I wish it was a little less time.

@Lindylee I am far from sensible. We are off to Cornwall on good Friday. There will be 5 families. We have been going for the past 5 years. I know I will overdo it so be ready for the weeping and wailing posts
 
Great post :loveshwr: So pleased you are on the upwards trajectory. It’s lucky work are being supportive. That’s makes a big difference. I completely get the tiredness bit too. I feel like I’ve lost all my energy and the simplest task makes me tired.

Big hugs xx
 
@snoots by the end of the day I feel like I would sleep standing up! Im hoping it will improve as I start to do more.

@jboles welcome to the 'done with this lets have a g and t club'

I see my consultant at lunch time today. We are then heading out for lunch with my son as he finishes school early today. So happy that school holidays start today. I'm looking forward to the company.
 
@catkin69
I hope you have a nice lunch and its lovely that you are looking forward to the school holidays. Hopefully you will be able to get out and about a bit and have lots of treats planned for easter. I am going to make a simnel cake.

I see that you are still having problems sleeping. I had the best nights sleep last night I have had in a long time so hopefully your time will come very soon.

I need to forgo the G&T club for a bit as the OS wants me back on painkillers for the next couple of weeks while I have my physio. Have one in my absence :martini:
 
@Bionic my daughter made simnel muffins at school last week. They were divine so she has promised to make more to take away with us.
I had the best sleep last night as well. Straight through to 5am!
I will definitely raise my glass to you for continued recovery xxx
 
@Bionic my daughter made simnel muffins at school last week. They were divine so she has promised to make more to take away with us.
I had the best sleep last night as well. Straight through to 5am!
I will definitely raise my glass to you for continued recovery xxx

Cheers to all in their recovery! :cheers2:

@jboles Welcome to the Club! :welome:

What's "simnel".... sounds tasty! :)

LOL... I'm learning so many new words from my UK friends …. :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Catkins recovery from PKR!
saves me explaining @JDinCT
 
All good with the consultant review. He’s happy with where I am at. Still some swelling which he expects, quads still a bit pathetic, which he expects. Just carry on as I am and he will see me in 2 months.
Had a lovely lunch in our favourite Italian cafe, and a little mooch around a few shops. It was lovely but I am now fit for nothing so feet up and will try and stay awake!!
 
That is a great report, I like your doctor’s perspective.

And a lovely lunch a shops, too. A nice day!
 
That sounds like a good review. Enjoy your Cornwall break. At least there will be plenty of people to do things whilst you watch......
 
I went to physio today with a miserable head on but came away feeling more positive. They could see I was fed up and pointed out what I wasn’t doing last week that I did today. They have even given me a very lovely stick to use. I need to ice more as knee was very hot and I need to walk less! I managed to go up the stairs normally but going down will take longer.
So after throwing my ice pack last night and wailing like a child I feel better this afternoon so have celebrated by baking, one of my favourite past times. Another favourite is eating cake!!
 
Another favourite is eating cake!!
Funny you should mention this. I am having a pity party type of day, on general stuff, and I just told my husband I’m going to sit around all day, every day, in my pajamas and eat cake. :heehee:
 
It’s amazing how wethink we’re not improving even when we know we’re doing things we couldn’t do the week before. My hubs was just saying to me yesterday that the difference in me in ladt two weeks is amazing and I justfeel like my recovery has stalled. It’s not just a physical recovery we go through, it’s very much a psychological one too!!
 
I think its very important to tell ourselves just how well we are doing. Mostly we focus on the things we can't do.
My ROM is only 85 but last week it was only 75 so thats a big difference.
Before the op I could only walk a few paces with a crutch and that was very painful. If we went further I used to go in a wheelchair.
Now I can walk a mile sometimes with a crutch and sometimes without but I'm not in any pain. Its just being weak that stops me from doing more.
Look back and you will realise there is lots to celebrate :cheers: Cheers (although nothing alcoholic if you are still on the meds)
 
@catkins69 yep we sure are doing amazing considering all the damn setbacks we’ve had! My biggest bugbear now isn’t my knee it’s the b****y lack of sleep. I go to bed about 11.30 and on average don’t fall over till about 4am. I wasn’t a great sleeper before the op but this is getting ridiculous!! I’m not in pain, as soon as head hits the pillow- ping eyes are wide open and brain is racing. Have tried everything to no avail, just sick of it now and actually hate going to bec:gaah:
 
@Bionic we definitely do! I’m the same with the weakness. I feel like I could keep walking for miles with my knee. It complained after 10 minutes before and that was with a brace and a tens on! Now it is feeling tired that stops me!

@Lilli215 I’m so sorry sleep is still an issue. I have slept well since I threw out all the extra pillows and was comfortable on my side. Despite sleeping well I still need an afternoon sleep or at least a rest! I can’t imagine how you are getting through!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom