Guest viewing is limited

TKR Careful what you wish for

Will take your kind wishes on board.
After all, I have another child getting married in two weeks, and will be enjoying myself at the wedding.




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok
Wishing you and your family warm wishes and joyful hearts for your next family wedding.

Cathie
 
Well I overdid it this weekend.

Went four wheel driving with my two oldest boys this weekend.
Not ready for camping and a weekend of outdoor life yet.
A nana nap each afternoon got me through it, but I was a mess when I woke for work this morning.

Looks like it will take longer than I hoped. Back to reality!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok
Hooray for you !
My feeling is if you don't try to do something, you don't know how you'll feel afterward.
I'm sure that you and your boys had a great time four wheeling and that's what they'll remember.

Sorry that you have to be uncomfortable today, keep thinking of the joy and good memories that the three of you shared at the weekend. A bit of slowing down and resting over the next few days is in order.

I'm sure that you'll be up dancing at the Wedding next week.

Cathie
 
Wedding went well.
Good to see people just being happy!

Long day though.

Managed to survive, spent the sunday putting up the xmas lights, all 5000 of them.
But it is pleasing at night, and seeing kids and adults as they see the lights. Turns an otherwise dark street into something special.

Otherwise things are (very slowly) getting back to normal. Will take much longer than I expected, but what choice do you get?

Things are good


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello Reebok,

Happy Post- Wedding Memories to you and your wife and family,
Always great to have family and friends celebrating happiness ! It can be a contagious feeling and happiness should be shared.

NASA will be able to see your house from space with 5000 lights! I think that's great :wowspring:

You're right, it takes as long as it takes,....it's all in the attitude.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Well its almost the end of the year, and four and a half months after my tkr, I feel like I am getting somewhere.
Rom is now between 105-110, with about five degrees coming in the last few days.
Stairs are a hindrance rather than a problem, driving isnt an issue, and yard work just like normal, ladders, etc etc just part of the deal.
Walking is almost fun, I like feeling the push when I straighten my leg when trying to walk without a limp, knowing it is working in my favour.
Sleeping is now possible without medication. Any medication.
A med called restavit was recommended for me, as being an alternative to mersyndol without the codeine and paracetamol.
It has five times the active ingredient for muscle relaxant as well. Try one tablet, two if that doesnt work. Dont take much more than that, or bad things may happen. Says the pharmacist. Some research suggests it is a similar med to stillnox, so my caution was raised. Stillnox doesnt have a good rep!
Tried one tablet the first night, no reaction, or even action!
Tried two tablets the next night. Same deal.
Now I just leave the tablets in the box, and wait it out. After three nights, sleep patterns back to the good side.

All in all, 2015 is shaping up to be a good year.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Isn't that cool when "normal" activities start being normal? :thumb:
 
Apologies to all. My maths was out by a month. Should have been five and a half months post op.

Not normal yet, but the closest I have been for almost twenty yrs.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, nine month checkup due in two weeks.
Rom about 110 degrees. Extension, about 2-3 degrees. I can push it straight, and sleeping has not been an issue for some time.
Gave up all meds inc sleeping tablets late last year. Riding a bicycle is now fun.
Been back at work since 6 weeks TKR, and my knee is not a limiting factor for anything.
Can cut the hedge from a ladder, dig holes with a shovel and spade, and going to the movies is now a treat rather than torture.
Driving is not an issue, nor long walks with the wife.
To sum it up, I wish I had done this twenty years ago, as I feel like I have gained back 20 yrs of my life.
Playing with the grandkids is fun.

To celebrate, I bought myself a long held dream car. A 1957 Lotus Eleven. And I can even get in and out ok. If you wan to know why I say that, google it!

To anyone waiting - just do it.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
12 months out.

Cant believe the difference.

Walking normally.
Working normally.
Sleeping normally.

Very happy with result


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had my left knee replaced 2 years ago and know exactly wha t you mean. If my right knee follows in the same way, I'll be a very happy bunny.
 
Had nominal two year checkup this week.
Surgeon says I am doing so well there is no need for any further visits unless I have a problem.
Officially discharged from treatment with a full glowing positive report.

135 degree rom, can kneel, walk, sort or run, I ride a bike two hrs a day, so am getting plenty of exercise as well.

Not as good as a real one perhaps, but I am happy with this one.
Two yrs ago I was dependant on two walking sticks, and not doing well.
Now, I am enjoying life.

To anyone wondering if tkr is a good thing, I urge you to talk to everyone they can, and then do it.
Definitely a chance worth taking.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a great post!! Thank you for coming back and telling us about your knee. this is so encouraging to folks who are trying to decide whether to have surgery or not.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom