Guest viewing is limited

TKR Careful what you wish for

I forgot to mention that the OS described the TKR as a "resurfacing" rather than a replacement.
He talked about the new surfaces rather than the new joint.

Makes sense, and is quite logical when you look at the xrays


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok Thank you for sharing your recovery in honest but positive posts. You have such a good attitude and positive outlook on the results of your TKR. I am one week from my surgery and getting a little nervous. Just ready to have it over with.
 
Three good nights sleep in a row!
Feeling like a new man!
Celebrated by spending the day cutting the hedge, up and down a ladder all day.
Will soon see if it lasts.




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Can't keep a good man down !
You are a great inspiration.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Reebok Thank you for your update. Love it that you have been climbing ladders with no apparent ill effects. Its such an inspiration to read about someone getting their life back . Please keep your reports coming.
 
Five nights in a row now, we are on a roll!

Cant really say no ill effects from my day of ladder climbing, knee was good, every other muscle was crying out for attention though.
Makes you realise how being idle makes muscles waste.

But I am back in the land of the living, and doing a passable impression of a normal guy.

To anyone lacking hope, it is there! We all get our turn.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok

:yay: :wowspring: :yay:

Great to hear that - five nights in a row.
Yes, it does seem like you are getting back to your normal life.

You are an inspiration and it is heartening to read about those who do turn the corner and that normal life can be possible again.

I'm walking without my cane, doing most things that I want to do, getting out with friends and find that it is rare that I need any pain medication.

Like you, life is good.
Still a bit stiffness in the knee, but not letting that bother me or hold me back.

Take care Reebok - you're a star !

Cathie
 
Went to a wedding yesterday.
Two hrs standing around on a sloping surface, followed by cramped seating, and a few dances with the cheese and kisses.
And I survived!
In fact, It was the closest to feeling like a normal person I have felt for over a decade.
Dances included slow, latin and even a jive.
Not ready for a ballroom yet, but the new knee has survived the first real test drive.
Of course today I took things slower, in preparation for a week of work.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok

A wedding and a night of dancing is good for the spirit !
Glad to see that you are getting back to normal.

Cathie
 
I am at 4 months in a day or so.

Where am I?
Working 5 days a week is now doable.
Mowing the lawns, cutting the hedge, working on hobbies on weekends is getting back to normal.
Been to weddings now, and dancing with my patient wife is now enjoyable again.
Stairs are almost routine, and not an obstacle. Walking with only a slight limp is an anytime activity now, without anmajor limitations.
Sitting for long times just requires me to get up and move around to be ok.
Sleeping is for 2-3 hr stretches, with back to sleep almost immediate. Bed is now a refuge again rather than a torture.
Evenings are spent with ice. Only painkillers are mysendol, before bed, which is a paracetamol with a muscle relaxant. Expect to ditch that very soon too.
Driving is fine.
Squats are ok using a yoga ball between my back and a wall.
Exercise bike is fine for short periods.
Walking is closer to normal than I have been for decades.
Swelling is almost gone. Scar is a neat line.
Weight loss is a lot less than I was hoping for/expecting, around 3 kg since before tkr. But I can deal with that
Essentially without pain ( within reason LOL) some side pain, but nothing in comparison with past decade.
Patience is significantly better than before, happiness level higher. Looking forward to life.
Best thing I have done for myself.





Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok thanks for posting your report. Really encouraging for us about to have our surgeries. It's great to hear such good news. I am so pleased you had a good recovery and that you are enjoying life to the full again.
 
@Reebok I'm so happy for you that you are doing so well and getting this behind you. And to say it's the best thing you've done for yourself is a glowing report. My OS keeps telling me his knee patients are his happiest patients, in the end. I've admired your determination and spirit from the beginning of your journey. Congrats!
 
I am at 4 months in a day or so.

Where am I?
Working 5 days a week is now doable.
Mowing the lawns, cutting the hedge, working on hobbies on weekends is getting back to normal.
Been to weddings now, and dancing with my patient wife is now enjoyable again.
Stairs are almost routine, and not an obstacle. Walking with only a slight limp is an anytime activity now, without anmajor limitations.
Sitting for long times just requires me to get up and move around to be ok.
Sleeping is for 2-3 hr stretches, with back to sleep almost immediate. Bed is now a refuge again rather than a torture.
Evenings are spent with ice. Only painkillers are mysendol, before bed, which is a paracetamol with a muscle relaxant. Expect to ditch that very soon too.
Driving is fine.
Squats are ok using a yoga ball between my back and a wall.
Exercise bike is fine for short periods.
Walking is closer to normal than I have been for decades.
Swelling is almost gone. Scar is a neat line.
Weight loss is a lot less than I was hoping for/expecting, around 3 kg since before tkr. But I can deal with that
Essentially without pain ( within reason LOL) some side pain, but nothing in comparison with past decade.
Patience is significantly better than before, happiness level higher. Looking forward to life.
Best thing I have done for myself.





Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
That is an awesome report---thank you so much for sharing that with the folks on the forum!
 
My OS keeps telling me his knee patients are his happiest patients, in the end.
It does take a while to get there---and the trip can be with its ups and some downs----but, when one is fully recovered, it is a great life!

No pain
No pills
No shots
No braces
No limitations
 
@Reebok

Four month report encouraging and well put.
Your posts have always had a very positive attitude and this comes through again in your latest report.

It is a very realistic account of what can be expected at the four month mark.

May you continue to have a future filled with a great life and events.

Take care,
Cathie
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom