Guest viewing is limited

Can't make a decision for total hip replacement

Minnie15, we are both scheduled for the same date, April 27! I, too, had questions off and on soon after I made the decision for surgery but since then, it seems my hip is getting progressively worse. The last 2 weeks I have resigned myself to the fact that I need surgery and then things will get better. I am sick of limping and worrying about getting a good zap when I take a step. I am looking forward to walking normally again and also to not having that terrible stiffness when I get up from sitting.

I'm getting off track now. I just wanted to u wish you well and to tell you I look forward to seeing in the post op forum after the 27th !!
 
Thanks @GrannyC
I look forward to your post op thread too!
I know I got to keep staying positive but it's not always easy..still worries me a lot.
 
So that's it..work done for a while. Feeling positive and praying no more date changes!
Guess I'll need to start a post op thread soon and let you know my experience.
Count down to Thursday 27th begins.
 
Minnie. October if 2013 and Dec if 2013 I had total hip replacements like you I was terrified and put it off until I was using a walker. Pain was awful and yes it happened overnight. Not unusual I hear. I had no choice and had he procedures. Had Minimally Invasive anterior hip replacements. Very little pain and not lots of therapy.....Was in the hospital a total of 30 hours..Including the surgery itself. Don't put it off. See if you find a surgeon who uses the anterior approach. No post op restrictions unlike other ways. You won't be sorry. If I had known how easy it was I would have never let fear hold me back!!!!! Oh and I was 64.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@clauds52 I think you will find this member has already had her THR - the date is in her signature.

It's great that you had a good result with your ops. But anterior is just one of many approaches and in most cases surgeons do not impose restrictions no matter what approach is used.

If you are reading this please remember that every THR is different. What one member experiences is not necessarily the result you can expect.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom