Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Calamity on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becca Yes---we have a little church in Montana with about 60 members and tons of kids!! The ladies from my church brought us dinners for the first 10 days.
 
Welcome to the recovery side! Isn't it great to have finally gotten here with two new knees? Now the fun begins, Hang on cause those knees will dictate your days for a few months. And you are ahead of this recovery because you are a bonesmartie!
 
Becca Yes---we have a little church in Montana with about 60 members and tons of kids!! The ladies from my church brought us dinners for the first 10 days.

That sounds about right! :yay: Our church is small, too and we love it!
I LOVE your avatar! Corgis are just precious!:flwrysmile:
 
That is the photo of Charlie who died recently. We are taking his ashes to the church today to spread in the little graveyard. We have a little stone for him (Literally a stone with his name on it). Our priest is very dog friendly--and kid friendly too---we have children walking around the altar during the service and he seems to take it in stride.

The kids do the collection and move the kneelers around for communion. it is fun to watch, they are so sweet.
 
Yay to being on the recovery side!
 
That is the photo of Charlie who died recently. We are taking his ashes to the church today to spread in the little graveyard. We have a little stone for him (Literally a stone with his name on it). Our priest is very dog friendly--and kid friendly too---we have children walking around the altar during the service and he seems to take it in stride.

The kids do the collection and move the kneelers around for communion. it is fun to watch, they are so sweet.

Oh, he was such a pretty boy and I am sure you miss him loads. I am sorry for your loss.:sorry: I lost one about a month ago and I still can't talk about it...:boohoo::cry: We have her ashes in a pretty wooden box.

I hope the act of spreading Charlie's ashes brings you comfort.

Sounds like our churches are similar. :)
 
Yes, Jane we will only talk about you now on your thread!!! I am sure you will be relieved to finally just be done with all the anxiety.
 
Glad you are on the other side. will be watching and following your recovery. Glad you had a friend in recovery.
 
Why hello there. Look who made if through! I hope you remembered to not sit up too fast? Friends with the nurse eh? what a small world. How's it going anyway? Got interesting room mates? Sneaking in food? Hair behaving??? Tee hee. Hang in there champ, and be glad there are so many on here who have gone before us to lead the way.
Wishing you well, a speedy journey out of hospital, good food, drugs and tv! :)
 
Ok, I'm very frustrated, I just lost my post just as I was finishing it. This is the third time it's happened. Each time I tried to restore it but the icon is not there. Just don't have the energy to do it again....
 
I :hissy: HATE THAT! :gaah:It's so frustrating! :hairpulling: I've started saving my posts to a document while I'm typing, just in case.

Get some some rest. It was good to hear from you. :flwrysmile:

We totally understand your not wanting to post again. :yes:
 
Thanks everyone, it's a new day....I'm finally feeling human this morning, it takes awhile each morning to get going. I am definitely making progress and hopefully will be able to fill all of you in on my journey so far.....

I've started saving my posts to a document while I'm typing, just in case.
That's a great idea! I've been thinking about doing a blog, then attaching the link on here. Maybe, if my head is a little clearer....I won't lose the posts!

I see the OS this afternoon and get my staples out!!! :yay: Yay! That has got to feel better, I'm going to take my Percocet about an hour before just to be on the safe side. First outing since coming home.
I'll be back after my appointment to let you know how I made out. Thanks for all of the encouragement.
 
Congratulations on making it to the other side. :) I hope all goes well and will look forward to your recovery story.
 
Jane- my staple removing was totally pain free... I would not worry about that too much. Take care!
 
Follow-up visit with OS - Let us know how it went and what the doc said.
Hope it doesn't tire you out too much. :yawn:

Just curious (and maybe I missed it in one of your posts), but have you been able to shower or did you have to wait until the staples were removed? I know they make those protective wound covering things (and I've ordered some just in case) so it would seem like showering would be okay as long as the incision is kept dry (but maybe there are other factors I don't know about).

:SUNsmile: Linda
 
Everything went well at my post-op visit. They felt I had good ROM and extension (didn't do any measurements) 36 staples per knee taken out, that wasn't bad. They said everything looked great, not too much swelling and everyone that looked at my incisions said they looked beautiful. When I get through all this, I'll think they're beautiful too, they'll be my badge and reminder that I made it through all of this. I was pretty tired afterward. I walked a lot more than I've been doing and the incisions were burning a little bit. A nap this afternoon felt pretty good. I start PT on Wednesday.

Just curious (and maybe I missed it in one of your posts), but have you been able to shower or did you have to wait until the staples were removed?
I was able to have a shower in the hospital as soon as the incisions were dry with no drainage or openings. It felt so good! They used and recommended using Johnsons Baby Bath soap.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom