Nylsor @zauberflötee
LeeApril26 Kim22 Poppet nmscienceteacher Songlady and whoever else wanders by.
I was told that I didn't qualify for the FMLA, as my job is part-time, and I hadn't put in the required # of hours you need to in order to qualify. I'll double check that, though. And I've never heard of a 504 applying to employees, I just have them on the children. Interesting....
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think it will come down to how long they'll hold my job for me, and if I can perform it eventually.
I had called the new OS twice about please getting me in sooner, as I was in alot of pain, and really wasn't functioning much. He wanted to see if a change in my activity would resolve the tendonitis he diagnosed before doing the shots. I was persistent and I explained there's really no activity to change, as I'm hardly doing anything. Well, he called my primary and my rheumatologist both of whom I informed about the visit, and I got a call that the shots are scheduled for next Tues. I assume they must have advocated for me, or at least was supportive of my going sooner.
Meanwhile, I saw my primary on Tues to discuss all of this and requested some imaging studies of my hips in the hopes we could find out what's wrong. I thought at the time that I would be waiting for the cortisone shots for 5-6 more weeks, and I wanted to be proactive with this, and not wait so long for answers.
I had an ultrasound done of my groins today and the doctor, who is excellent and very experienced saw that on my right side, I had bone spurs, and a fluid pocket, and on the left I had bone spurs, fluid, irregular bone and calcified tendonitis. He said I have a reason for having pain, and will fax the report to the OS, my primary, and my rhematologist.
I don't know what all of this means, yet, but it doesn't sound good to me. I'll tag
Jamie first and see if she can help me understand the implications of this. I'll also put a call into the OS and my primary so they know there's a report for them.
Let's hope it's not too major - I believe I've read that people can get bone spurs after THR, but I wonder about the fluid (which he felt could be post-op healing - a pocket of blood, or something.) I also wonder about the calcified tendonitis and how that is managed?
Oh dear, the plot thickens...I'm scared and worried and want to get to the bottom of this, and hopefully have it fixed.. I also feel that perhaps more imaging should be done to be sure the implants aren't in the wrong place, or rubbing, if that's possible to tell. Sounds like the start of a long haul, but we'll see.
I also think I have a UTI, and brought a urine to the lab this AM, and called the gynecologist, who gave me meds until the culture is back, so at least it's being treated. Gee, I feel pretty hopeless right now, I'm sorry to say.
