BTKR at the young age of 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same company, different building, I'm at Baptist.

I'll be moving to Baptist this weekend for inpatient rehab. If you are still there I am sure I will see you in group therapy. Keep working.
 
I should be out by Thursday, I hope! Hospital bed kills my back like nothing else. Good luck.
 
Michael, I have great admiration for your courage to go through a BTKR at 31 years old. You have chosen to have a better quality of life after all the years of suffering. On the other hand, I have seen lots of older people who are suffering and in dire need of a TKR but they chose not to do it. I just cannot understand why they would rather suffer than have a better quality of life. My guess is that it all boils down to ignorance and the lack of courage. So good luck with your surgery. You sure looked very well prepared for it.
 
Elsie, a big part is that I know my life can be so much better and that I have many more years left that I want to live to the fullest. I finally tired of having something limiting me and can't wait to get to those new adventures.
 
Thanks Kathy, I'm already awake and now just sitting here waiting. They aren't coming to get me until around 10:30, 4 hours from now. Guess that will give me time to write my blog post.
 
Will be heading to the other side soon. Oh and I am hungry, this afternoon schedule sucks.
 
Michael will be live-blogging during the surgery:

"Just an update, they've got one done and they are sewing it up. Pretty noisy here in the ER. It sounds like they are playing classical music in the background, but fortunately the sander when its running drowns it out. When the nurse brought me drugs I could have sworn she said "let me turn you on sonny to something strong." Starting on the other one, so I gotta shut off my IPad..."
 
[Bonesmart.org] BTKR at the young age of 31
Our senses of humor around here are becoming a little weird---but then people with alien body parts are a bit weird!
 
Noooo, when that came up on my e-mail, I actually believed you were live-blogging, Michael. How gullible am I?

[Bonesmart.org] BTKR at the young age of 31
:rotfl:

Kathy
xx
 
Hahaha, only live tweeting my wait for them to come get me. They are 43 mins late already.
 
This was so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

I will admit that I logged onto the post op site to see if he had posted. I can't be the only one. Always wanting the best for all of us Smarties.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom