THR Break on through to the other side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in. Got fed up with the edema and saw my PCP, who prescribed a diuretic, which has helped a great deal. I found some cool designer support knee-highs online and wear them very occasionally. I still have the neuropathy in my fingers and feet, which-- depressingly enough-- seems to be here for good. Since the neurologist could find compression of the ulnar nerve that accounts for the problem in my hands, but no real cause for the neuropathy in my feet, my PCP hopes it is from the surgery as well and will go away slowly in time. Everything else is fine. I can't walk as fast and as far as I'd like, but it's getting better all the time. I'm overdue to check in with my surgeon mainly because I'm annoyed that he has minimized these issues in the last two visits, but I will make an appointment in the next few weeks.
 
@BoomerBabe I had ulnar neuropathy in my right hand.
My OS prescribed 200MG of vitamin B6 daily.
I have taken that for 5 years now, and it is gone.
It took about 3 months for it to take effect; the OS said about 50% of ulnar neuropathy patients
are resolved with the vitamin B6. (Must be 200 MG per day; not 100 MG....)
Maybe worth a try for you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom