Guest viewing is limited

TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

I'll be six weeks on Wednesday and know what you mean. I am doing well but can't wait to be pain free. I finally went all the way around on the stationary bike last week and my ROM is 120/0. So PT is going to start working on strengthening....that should be fun. But this morning I woke up with more pain than usual and relying more on my cane again. Two steps forward...one step back.
 
@Brauzie you have not whined at all . You always pick me up when I am down. I was pretty down today due to water on the front and back of my knee. I couldn't do much of anything expect stay on the couch. Guess I will have to hear what my OS says on Tuesday. Hopefully he can do my other TKR on Friday the way he did before so I didn't have time to back out lol. Keep. Smiling. You pick us all up:thankyou:
 
@Pescara - Glad to hear I don't come off as a whiner.. and it makes me feel good that maybe I've helped you along the way.. :friends: I'm sorry you are having a tough day. I'm hoping your resting on the couch today helped.. Definitely the right thing to do. I'm guessing your OS will want to go ahead with the second surgery.. I hope so for you!! You're a bit further along than I am, but I couldn't even imagine going in for the second at this point!! Hugs to you.. Hope you feel better. :yes:
 
Hey @Braunzie! Well what an interesting day you had Sunday. I love the validation and encouragement you received from a complete stranger who had a TKR and no doubt knows exactly where you are in your recovery journey now with dark days and uncertainty and gave you a glimpse of where you'll soon be when your journey is done. What a great gift that was!! I have never heard you whine, so to speak, but geez everyone needs a little encouragement now and then. Have a great Monday!!!!
 
Good morning. I think the 6 Week Whine was mentioned on my thread.....:whistle:

I had a similar conversation with a delivery man last week who said that his wife had her knee done and is just fine now. He told me not to worry and that I'd get there too. Folks can be so nice.

Here's something I did a couple of days ago which helped me put things into perspective a little. I looked back through my calendar since my surgery and remembered how I was on certain days compared to how I am now. For example, I saw my brother 12 days after surgery, he came to my house, I remembered how little I could do, how sore I was, how tired etc. Then I realised just how far I have come since then. I did the same for a few other days and it really did help to show me that I have made progress. Sure, SLOW progress at times but progress all the same.

Keep on keeping on!! :console2:
 
Clamshells: Lie on your non-operated side, both legs bent so that your knees are out in front and your heels are in line with your back. Then you lift the upper leg 90 degrees up, (keeping the heels touching) then back down, so you are working the outside muscles of your thigh. This seemed so easy! Then I hurt for two blasted days. Avoid during early weeks at all costs!!!
 
So, back from PT on my 5th week anniversary. I think I did a good job of "protecting" myself from the terrorist.. :heehee: I'm sure it helped a bit that I took my 6'8" husband... :rotfl:

Actually, I spent very little time with the terrorist and most of the time with someone else working through the exercises. The terrorist only came in to do my ROM measurements - and related stretches. I came away with 122/ 6. Still having not the greatest results with the extension, but pretty happy with my flexion. I asked what my numbers were pre-surgery, since I never knew, and she looked it up and told me 128 / 5. So then we started talking about the kind of pain I had pre-surgery and discovered I still have pain in the same area with the new knee. She said it could be because of the damage done pre-surgery and that could explain why this is a bit tough for me.. OK.. I guess that makes sense.. Anyway.. I feel like a 6 isn't horrible, but still need to work on it.

5 weeks down. On to week SIX!!!!! :happydance:
 
Not horrible at all - really back to where you were pre-surgery. That knee will stretch out in time. You are doing great!
 
Sounds pretty good to me. May week 6 be a great week for you. If you feel the 6 Week Whine approaching, you know where to come to share.... :heehee:
 
Sounds like you are doing great. Thankfully the terrorist didn't work with you much. I feel like I have an alien living in my knee. 2 hours and counting until I see my OS. I hope I get some answers.
 
Hit the 6-week mark yesterday, and seeing my OS today in about 2 hours. Still don't know how he's going to react to my flex numbers - only hit his "goal" of 115 once on my own, although I'm consistently in the 110-111 range. Can only reach 125 with aid from my angelic PT, who says she dropped her gym membership because my tight leg muscles give her all the weight workout she needs. She thinks I'm doing fine, I think I'm doing fine, anyone who saw me the first week or two thinks I'm doing fine. But the Doc is the Doc, and I'm as nervous as a Methodist at a Southern Baptist convention. :yikes:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom