THR BoyMom in recovery!

1 year post op appointment a success! Everything continues to be great. The only small "thing" that I had to comment on is that I get mid thigh pressure. I do get some pressure that feels like a bruise when standing on that leg or certain yoga poses or walking but can easily shake it off. X-rays all looked good for the surgical hip.

I had some minor leg length discrepancy but quit wearing my wedge about 6 or 7 months post-op and don't have any problems with that at all now. If I feel myself limping, I try to focus on my gait and the awareness seems to help.

My other hip has started to act up...the same as it started for my other hip. I started having pain in it before I had my surgery but then it calmed and is now acting up. He examined that and said all I have to do is give him the "go" for that hip. I am not at the point of unacceptable pain but glad to know that he is there if and when I need him.
 
Great update! :tada:
Hope you get that other one done when you think is time.
I'm double hippy happy and back to a full life!:yahoo:
 
Hi :wave:
Nice update, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you're doing well.

I'm about 4 months ahead of you and on occasion experience a sensation mid-thigh. I wouldn't describe mine as pressure, or pain, just an awareness or mild discomfort. I only notice it if I sit on my sofa, both legs extended straight and resting on my coffee table. Only seems to happen occasionally and not each time I sit like that. Most often if I sit for a prolonged period. I questioned it at my one yr visit and OS blew it off as unremarkable? Wondering what's your's said....if you brought it up.

A tip -
Try heel-toe walking when / if you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes. It takes a concentrated effort but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.

Sorry about your other hip. A common scenario. I'll need my other replaced one day also. Hopefully not for a good long time. Hoping yours holds out too!

Wishing you a great weekend!
@BoyMom
 
@Layla I did discuss it with the surgeon and he talked physics but here is how I understand it in layman's terms....our real bone has a natural little "give" to it when we walk, with the stem in place it has none of that "give" where the stem is at.

Good reminder on the heel toe walking
 
Back
Top Bottom