TKR Boogaloo is back!

I learned a few gentle stretches from my PT and they did not aggravate my knee. I think we just like to remind people that we're not training for an athletic event right after tkr :wink: and to keep an eye out for any overly aggressive PT recommendations and pay attention to what your knee will tolerate.
 
It might be psychological, but I feel less tight when I ice on top of the knee and at the same time, use a moist electric heating pad (usually on lowest setting) that I move around among the hamstrings, calves, and quads.
 
Lots of pain tonight, only it's not my RTKR knee. It's pelvic pain on my left side, front of both thighs and groin. My lower left lumbar region aches too. I have severe lower lumbar spine arthritis.
I had these pains before my knee replacement and was hoping I would get some relief after the surgery. It did feel better for a few weeks but now it's back just as bad as before. I mentioned it to my PT and he said to wait and see if the knee rehab helps to realign things and alleviate the pain. I'm at a loss right now. I'm guessing I should talk to my orthopedist about this now rather than later.
 
Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing well and feeling good. I had my second d PT session today. I did a lot more exercises than the first time. My extension is still about 5 degrees off from where it should be so the therapist worked on that too. I felt no pain during or after the session, just a little tired.
 
Hard Pelvic and upper thigh pain today. I have PT later this afternoon. Hope my therapist can help.
 
Upper thigh and pelvic pain worsens with activity. I'm paying dearly after any sort of of activity involving walking or standing for more than a few minutes. Turning over in bed is torture. I'm also getting random "twitches" on my legs, like the twitch that happens just before you fall asleep but these happen when I'm wide awake. It's a annoying when it happens out of nowhere. My surgical knee feels very good, almost no pain but the pelvic and thigh pains and twitches are terrible.
 
:swoon:Hello friends,
Well, I had my 3 months post op appointment today. The knee is doing great, I was discharged from PT.
My surgeon and I got to talking about my persistent pains in the lower back, hips, thighs, and groin. He ordered some xrays and came back with some bad news. I'm going to need a left hip replacement soon and I also have 2 compressed disks in my lower back. I was referred to pain management for epidural injections for the back pain. When it rains it doesn't pour, it hurricanes.
 
Well that's all very goodnews/badnews. How sad to take the shine off being release from PT and doing so well with your knee.
At least you know where to be for all your hip replacement support needs.
 
I'm glad your knee is doing well and you're discharged from PT. But, it's a bummer about your hip. I hope the shots give your back some relief.
 
Congratulations on the knee.
Sorry about your hip and back. Your two good knees will help you through the hip. And all the BoneSmarties, of course.
I hope the pain mgmt treatment gives you some relief. Perhaps the folks there (& the OS?) will be able to share some stretching tips and do’s and don’ts.
Good luck.
 
Hi everyone,

Pain management doctor ordered an MRI of my lower spine and I had that done today. It was torture to have to lay flat on my back with both legs straight for 45 minutes. My back, hips, thighs were on fire when all was said and done. I had to take an oxycodone as soon as I got home the pain was so bad. I slept for two hours and I still had a great deal of stiffness when I got up. I still have an upcoming EMG exam next Friday. I hope won't be as bad as the MRI.
 
How terribly unpleasant. I'm so sorry you're going through this just as other things are finally better.
:catbutterfly::catdance::kittykiss:

Some happy critters to make you smile.
 
Hope your MRI yields info that will enable you to get some pain relief.
 
Thank you @luvcats and @marieltha. I'm hanging in there. It's hard to get around due to my hip and lower back pain. I feel worse today than I did last week. I can't bend from the waist at all. I'm anxious to get the results of the MRI and the upcoming EMG test.
 
Ow. I'm so sorry this is all going on. I hope you get the results quickly. Did they tell you when to expect them? Waiting is one of the very worst parts.
 
I agree @luvcats. I'm still taking oxycodone 10/325 2x a day and Gabapentin 800 3x a day but it just barely takes the edge off the pain in my hips, groin, thighs, and lower back. The meds have no effect when I do any kind of prolonged walking or standing.
 
Hi everyone. Today, after showering I noticed, when I was toweling off my leg with the operated knee, that my incision had opened up a section about a quarter of an inch, about an inch above the lower end of the incision. It wasn't bleeding or weeping and I didn't detect any smell but I went to the walk-in clinic to have it looked at. The doctor said it didn't look infected so he just put some steri strips on it and told me not to pick at it. I'm almost 4 months PO. Is it unusual to have an incision open up at this stage in recovery?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom