Guest viewing is limited

TKR Boogaloo is back!

That sounds really good. The documents you mention sound reasonable to me. And you are getting treatment, so that is wonderful. I hope it works for you and this gets resolved. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the CBD oil. Some of our members have reported that it works well for pain when applied externally to the skin. It would be good to know if it helps with burning sensations also.
 
I'll also be following to see if it helps with burning sensations. I have that more than what I'd call "pain"....it's tough to describe to others, so I don't bother.
 
I've applied the CBD oil twice today. So far I feel that it does not completely eliminate the burning. It does give temporary relief while waiting for the oxycodone to take effect, enough so that clothing and sheets don't annoy my skin. I give it a B+. It's worth trying.
 
My mom says the CBD oil is amazing for her RA. Unfortunately I can't use it - as I am still required to be drug tested - boohoo! Glad you got your meds!!!
 
My mom says the CBD oil is amazing for her RA. Unfortunately I can't use it - as I am still required to be drug tested - boohoo! Glad you got your meds!!!
@FitGal....the CBD oil we're talking about here is not a marijuana product. It's made from hemp and has no or very little THC in it. You apply it to your skin. It would not be a problem with drug testing.
 
Happy to report that I had a really good night's sleep and I'm having a good day today. I'm almost pain-free. The burning pain is gone. All I feel is a little bit of soreness around the incision. I don't know if the relief is due to to the gabapentin 600 or the CBD oil but I'm really happy with the results!
 
That's wonderful to hear!
 
@Jamie - I understand. However, current policy for active duty military - can't even have CBD oil on our person, let alone use it.
 
@Jamie - I understand. However, current policy for active duty military - can't even have CBD oil on our person, let alone use it.

Thanks for the clarification. Being in the military makes a difference and obviously you have to follow regulations.
 
@Jamie it's not just the military. If you have any kind of a security clearance you can't use or possess CBD oil.
 
That's interesting, although it doesn't make much sense to me for the hemp products that don't contain much, if any, THC. But....a person has to go by whatever rules are established for their job. I know everything is all still new and "fluid" with the rules regarding hemp. We've opted for a rather cautious approach here on BoneSmart as well.
 
@Jamie One reason is there is not FDA regulation or quality control on these products yet. It is up to the consumer to find a good one. The government is always ultra-conservative about this stuff anyway. Eventually I would imagine they will allow it.
 
I think things will gradually change too. It's the control that is concerning to us. We cannot support recommendations that can't be clearly backed by regulations or scientific studies.
 
I had another night of good restful sleep. I really hope this lasts! I'm feeling pretty good, so good that I forgot to grab my cane to go upstairs! I realized it when I was three steps up so I decided to continue on up without it. I also came back downstairs without the cane. I didn't have any issues but I won't do this on purpose again until I'm 100% ready to ditch the cane.
@FitGal I'm sorry you're not allowed to try the CBD oil. It seems to be helping me. Can you try lidocaine 5% ointment or over the counter lidocaine 4% patches? It helped ease my burning pain a little.
 
Hi @Boogaloo - I could prob do lidocaine, but am able to manage without. Just wish this darn rash would clear up! I see my OS tomorrow. Glad you are doing better! No cane - yay!
 
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. My recovery has been progressing slowly but surely. The CBD oil has been helping. The burning, stinging areas on my skin have gotten smaller.
Today was my first outpatient PT session. My therapist was very nice and gentle. He asked me a lot of questions and was very patient and thorough when answering my questions. He took ROM measurements and he said I have good flexion and extension but my quad muscles and glutes are very tight. He taught me some stretches that I can do at home. It was a positive experience. I see him again next Tuesday.
 
I have had super tight quads too. I'm sure it's from the old knee neither bending nor straightening properly. Hopefully they will cooperate.
 
I read this that one of our other advisors wrote:

“Many members think PT is needed to alleviate tightness. Tightness is a normal occurrence after this kind of major surgery. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year or more.”
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom