THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

@Mojo333 I am one of those nutty people who love to use the snow blower. Everything outside is so white and beautiful. It’s so satisfying watching the driveway and sidewalk become clear. And being originally from Minnesota I know how to dress properly to stay warm. Just don’t ask me to put away the clean dishes from the dishwasher. Now that’s a chore I hate and happily turn over to my husband. :rotfl:
 
Good Morning, dear CZ :)
It sounds like your surgeon has you under his watchful eye and I'd take comfort in that if I were you. It seems you're doing really well.

I hope you have fun snowblowing. I've never tried it, we don't own one but like anything that brings you pleasure through your efforts I can understand why you enjoy it. But the cold...nuh uh! I'm tired of it already and we're not even in the throes of it yet. I think slipping / falling scares me most with the cold and ice. Be careful, CZ, and I will too :wink:
Have a lovely Tuesday!
@ceezee
 
Hmmm...I've never thought about snow blowing as being a "satisfying" activity, @ceezee, but if you've got the go-ahead from your surgeon, and it's something that makes you happy, then go for it! One of the secrets to a good marriage, I think, is each partner finding out what he or she likes (or doesn't mind as much as the other partner) doing and, with any amount of luck, all the chores get identified and assigned to the right person--perfect harmony, right? Glad to read you are doing so well, and also glad your surgeon continues to be cautious and wants to monitor your progress. Seems like that is the kind of surgeon we all want to have. You are doing great as we're all skidding into the holidays. Cheers!
 
Regarding no restrictions including carrying any weight and snow blowing, I think he wants me to stress the hip replacement though normal heavy duty use to try to make sure if it’s failed. I’m good with that!
 
I was wondering the same, CZ. It either is, or it isn't doing as it should. Let's go with it's all good, until you're told otherwise. It's so easy to assume the worst and it most often isn't the worst but the best case scenario. I'm going with best case! :yes!: I hope you are too.
 
I like his approach @ceezee :snow:

Laughing at why you like using a snow blower. I like things ordered so I get the satisfaction part. Lol.

Couple symptoms of loose stem that I know now in hind sight. Hope to be a comfort to you as they are specific. Don’t think you would miss it. I also think it’s rare and you are doing so well!

  1. Pain in the middle of your thigh. Particularly when changing direction (pivot) or getting into and out of car.
  2. Pain on inside and top of knee when walking.
  3. Pain when taking wide turns while seated in car. As if someone clanks your funny bone inside your femoral bone.
  4. Pain trying to roll or move in bed, if you could already do this previously. Not the first 3 months, but New symptom.
  5. Descending stairs, same pain as number 3.

 
@Fit4Family Thank You!!!!

I’ve been searching for a list of symptoms with no real success.

You are a godsend and I couldn’t be more thankful.

I’ll keep everyone posted. I do continue to feel a bit better every day and now I have specifics I can track. I have 6 weeks to get a handle on it. I think I’ll be sleeping better tonight for sure.
 
Right back at you @ceezee, hope you're having a great day!
:wreath: :snow: :wreath:
 
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Hope your holidays are happy and bright, too, my friend.

Onward and upward:egypdance:
 
:hi:Happy Thursday!
Hope you had a nice Christmas, CZ.
Wishing you all the best in the New Year.
@ceezee
:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
@ceezee I hope you have had a happy holiday. I imagine you may have been baking and cooking away!
I hope you find that you do not have any loose stem symptoms, as time marches forward.
What a great, precise list from @Fit4Family!

She is out of surgery today.

light-candles:snow::plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Wishing you all the best in the New Year, CZ.
Enjoy the evening...cheers! :cheers:

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
@ceezee
 
Happy new year @ceezee ! Hope you are steadily getting stronger and hip2 is behaving. You had a blip with the fracture, but hopefully that's the last of your healing road detours...and it's onwards and upwards in 2020 for us all! :yahoo:
 
Welcome to the new year, @ceezee--betting it is going to be a wonderful 2020 with those fabulous new hips! Cheers!
 
I’ve been putting off with a status report until all the pain is gone but that seems ridiculous. :no-fin:

I've gotten rid of the glutes pain and although my incision is still tender with a painful knot at the end that should be normal. This has taken a concentrated effort to make sure I’m keeping my spine aligned as much as possible. Good posture when walking and sitting and sleeping and laying on the couch watching tv. Always. This has made a world of difference.

I still have discomfort and sometimes pain on the right of my thigh and to the right of my knee. It comes and goes. At this point it’s only thing that makes me nervous. @Fit4Family, your list has been a great source of information and hope for me. This pain is clearly referred pain, not back related per se, but still could be due to everything still being realigned. :fingersx:

At Christmas my friends father in law who is a long retired OS advised me if at all possible to give it a year before I do anything drastic, like a revision. He said it can take a very long time for everything to get straightened out. He’s a total hypochondriac so if he recommends waiting I tend to believe him.

Over Christmas I was able to spend 3 hours (6 miles) walking around Longwood Gardens and even though I slowed down during the end and was definitely some sore the next day, it was basically fine.

Last night I had a vivid dream where I was running. It seemed so real. I can’t remember the last time I could run.

I think I'm on a good path and what I really need to do is relax about it all. My next OS appointment is in 3 1/2 weeks and there will be xrays. I’m trying to stress the problem hip recovery now and I’m hoping to report to him that I feel good. Or at least not in pain.
 
I would agree with the advice you received, CZ, that it's far to soon for all to feel normal, especially given the fracture that sidelined your recovery. At only 7+ mo for Lefty and 5 mo for Righty, with part of that time spent stalled due to weight bearing restrictions, you have quite a bit of time and room for improvement.

Has your surgeon even mentioned the possibility of a loose stem or a revision? Because if not, I hope you can put that thought out of your mind and relax as you wait for your upcoming appointment. It was less than a month ago that your massage therapist noticed your gait was off and you weren't putting full weight on one of your legs. Wondering how much of that is contributing to the aches and pains you mention? One would assume it could definitely be a source of the discomfort you're experiencing.

Hang in there and enjoy the weekend as your body continues to heal.
@ceezee
 
Last night I had a vivid dream where I was running. It seemed so real. I can’t remember the last time I could run.

Dreams are strange... for many years I had the same dream where I could not run, then I broke my hip and could not run but I never had the dream again. Last year I dreamt I could walk, and now I can! Still can't run ... but never could either! :heehee:
Let's just keep on moving forward as we are and be positive. :walking:

[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery! Izzy xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom