TKR Bone on OUTSIDE of knee

Those stabbing pains could be perfectly ordinary. I think we all have at least a few of those in the course of our recovery. I've had them, though not all the time. Mine came, made me doubt my protheses, and then went away, never to be heard from again.

Our implants are quite sturdy and it's unlikely that simple standing awkwardly would damage one. What would hurt would be the surrounding soft tissues. Those tissues are inflamed and angry, and even a small movement they don't like can awaken fierce pain and more swelling. Your PT can tell you more about which soft tissues are involved in your pain. If the pains continue for a long time, it would be worth calling your OS. I sure hope for your sake the pains settle down quickly so you can stop worrying about them. :flwrysmile:
 
It's still only a month since you had this major surgery.

It sounds to me as if either your pain medication is inadequate or you are trying to do too much. Let's ask @Josephine to advise you.
 
Josephine I am so sorry I got it wrong &I am making extra work for you
Don't let it worry you. I was just concerned that you might miss posts in the old thread if/when you start a new one, that's all.

However, I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Yes. Have been to my local hospital doing 'circuit training' really enjoyed it & felt so much better.

Had my op 19 September
 
Back
Top Bottom