Guest viewing is limited

TKR Bob T's Recovery

I'm at day 8 and doing well. Days 5 and 6 were challenging......I could not get my leg comfortable, no matter what I tried. However Tuesday morning came and I felt a lot better. I'm icing more each day. Walking with the walker has become much easier. My leg has really come down in size. Friday my bandage will come off. I'm both looking forward to it and yet dreading it as the bandage covers some unshaven leg on each end lol.
 
My dressing will not come off until day 23..... i am just the opposite....I am looking forward to shaving legs so that they match. Where my dressing is everywhere has been shaved....
 
My bandage came off yesterday! It was definitely a good day. It was feeling so restrictive. Waiting on staples to come out either late next week or early the following week. I've taken a couple I'd small trips out. Both have been great. PT is also going very well.... nothing painful and no one is pushing on my leg. I do get restless in the evenings though.... sometimes ice helps, sometimes it doesn't. I'm looking forward to moving on from this albeit slowly. It's definitely a journey!
 
Yep....looking forward to Tuesday so I can tell why this one spot pulls....my bet is a hair or two under the adhesive on the bandage.
 
Yes they neglected to shave my leg high enough and low enough so I had hair caught in both places. It made for an interesting removal lol. I'm 12 days post surgery today and when I woke this morning my leg felt completely normal. Until I moved lol then it still was stiff and somewhat painful. But that few moments of bliss made me realize what's coming! Pre- surgery pain was constant and getting worse by the day. I'm also on a cane at home and it's SO weird to not limp when I walk!! I have to concentrate..... heel.....toe......heel....toe. It's amazing how you subconsciously compensate prior to surgery. I never realized just how much I limped!! My wife and I have watched Stranger Things season 3 and have started watching Designated Survivor. Both were/are quite good. I'd recommend both.
 
@Bob T
I am not a binge series TV person....but I have been thanking my timing because I could watch tennis for the past two weeks live from Wimbledon at 4 am when I was not sleeping. :tennis:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom