THR Bickypeg's new hip

Two good days in a row! Woo-hoo :egypdance:
Hopefully you can build on that over the weekend with two more great days. :yes!:
You're doing well at 5000 steps. Be proud and continue building on that.
Maybe another handbag...once you reach 10,000? :wink:
A wonderful weekend to you!
@bickypeg

Hi @bickypeg Glad to see you are walking more and in less pain. Moving enough is key. I am always worse from sitting than walking. I don’t keep track of steps but doubt I am doing more than you are. I walk as long as I can keep good form. Easier early in the day. Later I tire more easily. A new handbag is on my list this Fall. Glad you found one to reward yourself with. Sending healing wishes friend. ❤️

Morning ladies. A happy busy weekend as the weather was amazing and a Bank Holiday weekend so granddaughter and her dad came and stayed over as her mum was working from home mainly on the phone. No 3 and girlfriend called too and he'd been cooking so homemade burgers and a pecan pie! Was such fun but of course I overdid it with the boring stuff like changing bed linen etc. Not a lot, just enough for you all to scold me a bit.And it was worth it! So a quiet boring day yesterday. It's all or nothing these days. I'll be so thankful when I'm recovered enough to walk down the road and hop on a train and go exploring as I used to do. And join some groups so I'm not only conversing with members of the family! (Very irritated still with husband who was no help at all at the weekend and sulking because I'd asked the boys to clean the carpet in the newly decorated room not him. He sees it as some kind of slur on his abilities. But that's another story...:gaah:)

Attachments

• IMG-20190825-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190825-WA0003.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20190825_141822_462.jpg
    IMG_20190825_141822_462.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 136
How pretty you look @bickypeg
and the sweet little cherub in pink.
Glad you had them about and we will give you a slide on the reproach for overdoing.:umm:
Try to take it easy today!:flwrysmile:

:skep:
The furniture told me it is quite happy where it is!

I have PT at 8 am for the much improving SI joint and tight hip flexor.
Then a horribly busy day at the food bank with a half dozen volunteers to direct. Perhaps you could find some volunteer opportunities that would get you out and about. Would love to have you help me, but a bit too far for you to come...
A day like today Almost makes me wish I was back to boring icing and elevating days...Almost.

Have a great day friend.:friends:

I did go out @Mojo333 and actually managed 9 proper minutes walking according to the Fitbit! And almost a mile already. And it was uphill too. As my usual cafe was closed...
:rofsign: The further one does a very good banana and caramel cake.
I would love to come and help you! I will get some volunteering done asap. Did have a couple of painkillers this morning which has helped a lot. I must stop being over ambitious on that front. Especially as I do feel so much better and less crabby from being out in the fresh air. Plus I met 2 people I know well so had a couple of chats.
I'll leave the furniture removing until the boys are around as it means moving a double bed upstairs and sundry armchairs down. Be great to have the house a bit straighter.
I do feel particularly restless at the end of the summer and the start of a new school year. Still haven't got used to being a retiree even after 2 years.

Your grand daughter is adorable, with such an impish grin.. you sound like you are progressing. I laughed at your comment about just doing enough to get scolded.. :heehee:
I'm the same as you, trying to rein things in and rest more when I haven't!
Your family visit sounded so very nice, most likely was worth a few twinges..

Oh, I do agree, @bickypeg --your granddaughter is such a cutie pie! She must be so much fun to have around and I'm sure you're a very proud grandma. Nice to read you got out and did a bit of walking, and sounds like you were "motivated" by the yummy caramel and banana cake to go the extra bit to the further café. Also very glad that you are leaving all furniture moving until you have muscle around to help out. I know that end of the summer feeling and the desire to get things organized for fall. Hope you have a great day!

Last edited:
Aww, love the photo of you dear, bickypeg and that granddaughter of yours looks like a sweet delight. What a little darling she is. I'm happy to read you had that always beloved family time that seems to bring out the best in you. All of us really...what's better than creating new memories with those we hold dear?

I think your days of walking down the road and hopping on the train will happen. It's going to take awhile due to your surgeries being so close in proximity and the passage of more time. I'm happy to hear being out in the fresh air and running into old acquaintances made you feel better. One never knows what may be waiting for us outside the doors of our lovely confines on any given day. Old friends, banana caramel cakes the possibilities are endless. I hope your week is filled with sunshine and love. :loveshwr:
Hugs :friends:
@bickypeg

Restless and then wide awake at 4.30 am. Sigh. And it's 5.30 now and still dark. I was so lucky having post hip insomnia when the nights were short. Dreading autumn this year as they are generally grey and soggy in our valley rather than crisp and colourful.
Back sleeping is a real pain @Barbaraj But still too painful for me on both sides unfortunately. I even yelp on the physio's table when I briefly have to lie on my side. :bored:

Please leave that furniture alone! If you are still yelling when you turn over you will do yourself no favours! Slow and steady..... but then you know this already. I’m not looking forward to Autumn either. I move from no socks to socks to School flight socks to thermals to keep my legs warm :)

I'll be good. But the house is such a mess! The boys move out but seem to have left three quarters of their stuff behind!!
Oh socks! Yikes! And shoes or boots not sandals! (I swear my feet are a different shape...)

What gorgeous photos of you & your little precious granddaughter @bickypeg
Loving your beautiful sitting room too... sash windows & high ceilings.. [emoji3059]

I love going out to just wander on my own too... hope you get out for more jaunts soon..

Furniture moving ... yikes.. far too soon! Leave it to the men in your life!!

Oh I know what you mean about shoes & socks... I’ve had teenage boys for the summer & how they can wear all the shoes that have congregated in the hall i’ll never know!!

Glad life is becoming more normal for you! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 'boys' are now 40,38 and 36 - their bedrooms are still full of their stuff! Sports gear, guitar, school and university books, posters, teddy bears. Our youngest plus wife are currently living in Dubai so his bedroom contains most of their clothes plus cooking equipment!!

Hello @bickypeg

Love seeing the photos of you and your adorable granddaughter! She could bring a smile to anyone’s day. Such a cutie!

I have added pain killers back in, as if I move more I am less sore. I take 1 extra strength Tylenol and 1 aspirin most mornings and depending on pain, maybe again before I prepare dinner. My PT said if the pain was making me less mobile that it was better to take something and keep my joints lubricated with movement. I am the same as you. Still sleeping on my back. Either side isn’t comfortable yet. We will get there. We are just on the slow train. Hope you found some family members to help with furniture. I have put up mental blinders in my house. There are so many things that have gone untouched since my fracture. I won’t let myself dwell on it as It bumms me out. Hope your cutie keeps you smiling! Healing thoughts. ❤️

Hi, @bickypeg, I don't yelp when I try to roll on either side in bed, but I can't hold the position comfortably for more than about 5 - 10 minutes. Back sleeping is totally the pits (oh, boy, my lower back kills me in the mornings when I get out of bed) but until my hips cooperate I'll be fanny side down for the foreseeable future. And I agree that boys are--ahem--not the tidiest of beings, but my younger daughter is a bit of a slob, too. Love not having any of 'em at home anymore! I get a taste for what it was like when the grandkids are here, but then it's toys all around, not socks, shoes or sandals! Hope you're having a good day.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
horselvr
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom