THR Bickypeg's new hip

My dad has had the breakout around his mouth and I think it worsened due to some inhaled medications for his COPD.
It has also been recommended stopping the use of topical steroid creams or nasal sprays containing steroids, if possible. These products can make symptoms worse.
A home remedy that helped some was apple cider vinegar.

Sounds like a slightly better day although the rash around the mouth definitely would be annoying. Do you have allergies? I'm no expert but it seems to me that periods of walking interspersed with rest would help stretch those calves. I am sure they are tense and tight as part of this laborious recovery process, but they will ease up, I'm convinced as recovery goes on and you continue to slowly get more active. My calves aren't a problem, but this HUGE boulder I'm toting around in my left thigh is sure annoying! Hope today is another cautiously better day!

:hi: Good Afternoon!
It seems you all have been experiencing a bad run of weather across the pond. That gets old quick and can be a real downer. Wondering if you're taking a good pro-biotic, dear bickypeg? You never know...it could help with some of your nagging little issues as it does supposedly ramp up our immune system. I sure hope the weather changes soon, the sun begins to shine and all starts looking up. :SUNsmile:
Sending a warm hug and wishes for brighter days. :loveshwr:
@bickypeg

I did wonder if it was my toothpaste/ mouthwash which is why I asked the pharmacist about a milder toothpaste. Had wondered earlier if it was my sun block. Never had steroids @Mojo333 . A slightly compromised immune system might explain the hayfever type symptoms which I've had for ages. Was too frightened to take a whole pill so took half so we'll see.( I read the side effects including the 1/1000 ones!) I take both at the moment @SurreyGirl but had reduced both the last few days. Probiotics is worth a try @Layla . None of it is m ore than an irritant really but you know when you're sitting about things loom large.
After the pharmacy we had coffee and cake, then hit the local museum later. Anyone see Gentleman Jack? Filmed round Halifax and how the museums are milking it! Didn't watch but the costumes on display are amazing. Lovely to get out but I'd soon had enough .

My vote would be with toothpaste. Can’t hurt to try something new. Either that or a lip product. Sorry you are still dealing with pain. It does get old. I started off great today, but too much walking, sitting, standing with son’s appointments has me icing my knee. Exciting about your son! I did watch Gentleman Jack, you are so right about the costumes!

Oh dear. But life has to go on doesn't it and you're so young and with family obligations. I tend to forget about ice. I should have done that straight away this morning. I am trying a different toothpaste tonight. Trouble is they're all full of nasty ingredients when you actually look, it's not surprising they can set up a reaction. We'll see.

Hi, @bickypeg I think I, too, would switch out toothpaste and mouthwash. They are indeed filled with some strong ingredients which can cause irritation, particularly with a compromised immune system. But maybe your pharmacist could recommend some gentler products? You simply don't need one more thing to be an annoyance! I agree that when you sit around you notice such things. When I am less active I unfortunately look around my house more, and things like chipped paint, dust bunnies in the hallway and grimy spots around the doorways make me crazy. In my more active, normal life I don't notice this kind of thing that often but when you're less active the little things do indeed bug you. Take care of yourself, and have a good weekend.

I hope you figure out what's causing the irritation. I've never heard of anyone having that type of reaction to a toothpaste and if it's one you've used for a time, why now? I guess switching brands can't hurt. I still think a probiotic in an effort to strengthen your immune system and knock out some of these pesky issues you're dealing with may be your best course of action. It surely can't hurt.
I hope you have something special planned for the weekend. Maybe your fave...some family time :fingersx:
Hugs and best wishes for a lovely weekend!
@bickypeg

Hoping you get your dry mouth, soreness sorted out @bickypeg
all these things that crop up get so boring.. dont they!!

Hope your son’s tour with Joseph goes well... my Granddaughter has been doing front of house at the Palladium on the current run of Joseph during the summer break...
She’s starting at Trinity Laban Conservatoire this September & so looking forward to it!

Your little Granddaughter looks so adorable...love reading to children... such a nice way to interact with them...

Hope your weekend is pain free..

Take care... Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read an article recently that mint oddly is very irritating to lips. So strange, because it’s in most lip treatments. Hope you find out what is causing irritation. Another thing to look out for is alcohol. Very drying. Do you have Toms there? Or Hello Toothpaste?

Happy weekend @bickypeg

Thanks @Izabel @Barbaraj @Layla @Hoppy Nanny for concern and useful tips. Stayed away from the forum for a couple of days as I felt gloomy like the weather. OMG it's been dreadful! Just like autumn which I'm dreading this year particularly.
Woke after a dreadful night with lots of waking and nightmares and got up aching everywhere it seemed especially new hip etc. Really fed up and thinking I'd be like this forever. But a couple of paracetamol (ran out of the ibuprofen ) and I feel pretty good! Apart from the extreme irritation of not knowing why!! Husband asked what helped and I said I didn't know or I'd do it all the time!
I did find out I'd been doing one of my exercises wrong ( OH was an Olympic fencer back in the day and knows about these things)- the hip flexor stretch- may explain why the good hip was complaining.:heehee: And I'm back in my very old sandals with a bit of a heel and velcro straps. Barefoot just isn't comfortable at the moment.
Rash seems to be gone. Different toothpaste or antihistamine? Could be the latter as my runny nose isn't.Anyway I'm pleased.Also the sun seems to be shining! I had the heating on yesterday! In August!
Wish your daughter well Chrissie! She'll have a fabulous time and make friends (and contacts) for life. Last time I was at the Palladium was for Sister Act with the fabulous Patina Miller. I miss my London trips. And my theatre trips, but I have booked a few for autumn and the New Year.
Had a fun farewell evening yesterday with most of the family and a delicious takeaway and some silly games @Layla but my treasure (and her parents- tend to forget about them) are away for a few days. Half expecting an old friend to call - she's one of many friends who's moved out of our sodden valley- which is another reason why I'd like to move somewhere with neighbours who actually speak to you!
Hope you all have a good weekend.:flwrysmile:

:mcoffee: Good morning (for me)
I'm glad that things have eased a bit for you dear @bickypeg
Hip wise AND mood wise.:)
One day at a time...right?
Hope you have a good visit with your old friend and have a lovely day.

Well, glad to read that you were feeling a bit better yesterday, regardless of how you explain this--just take it and be glad! But, I am sure it must be frustrating, @bickypeg, when a whole lot of things are irritants and you can't seem to really figure them out so you can get a for sure fix! This whole hip recovery process is one of continuously figuring out what works and what doesn't, made all the more maddening because occasionally when you think something is working, it just doesn't anymore and you're back to the drawing board. But, remember that it IS a process and although there are days when you feel things are moving slowly or not at all, you are further along when you realize where you came from. Nice to have some trips planned for the fall and the new year--exciting outings to anticipate! Have a great day.

Hi and Happy Weekend to you! :wave:
Please don't stay away from the forum just because you're feeling gloomy. Let us know and we'll try to cheer you up! At least we'll give it our best shot.

At any rate it's good to read your mood has improved and you're feeling better physically.
Heat turned on indoors already?! It must be cold. That seems early. Early for us anyway. Usually that occurs in October. I hope you hear from your old friend today and you're able to get outdoors and soak in some of that beautiful sunshine @bickypeg
Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the day! :SUNsmile:

Friend couldn't come in the end! I was unreasonably disappointed. But we dropped things off at the charity shop and went on to our favourite park and had a nice stroll and an icecream.Trying not to remember that last time we came I was walking without a stick and feeling optimistic that I was feeling better every day. It's knowing how to pace myself that's so tiresome now. I certainly don't have as much stamina.
Went to pick up no 3 son on Saturday evening at his suggestion as he was home alone. Felt like a grown up going out to a pub on a Saturday night! Much better when we have a companion as husband isn't a great talker!
Home alone today as OH and eldest are off to the cricket. If it stays fine I'll get a taxi into town and have a browse. Don't think I dare get a train alone although I did it twice on the journey to Northumberland. Hate lacking in confidence about getting about. I was always intrepid!
Dropping the antihistamine. Waking constantly last night with incredibly dry mouth worse than it's been for weeks and then was sneezing my head off this morning! Only 2 paracetamol so far and I'll see how it goes.

Hope you get some relief this week @bickypeg This does all get old. Hope you find some good distractions today out and about. Hope you start feeling more like yourself. Not fun. Sending healing thoughts. ❤️

Thank you @Fit4Family. I made it into town with friendly chatty taxi driver and had a very nice cappuccino and a rocky road so much for my diet. Unless there is one where you lose weight eating lots of sugar and fat-filled carbs...browsed around for an hour and a half but then it started to pour. But was able to get a couple of nice birthday cards which you can't get easily online.
I kept wondering should I go further but it was sunny and on the flat so I did. Came home with a silly glossy magazine and feeling quite pleased with myself.I think I am better walking and stretching and warming up those muscles it's just a question of how much and for how long.
Hope you are managing - will check your thread.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties