THR Bickypeg's new hip

:hi: Good Afternoon @bickypeg
I love that Brit speak "mooching about", lol. Means something quite different here, think visions of someone
looking for something for free. It's good to hear the sun came out in the afternoon allowing you to walk down to the village. Sounds like you squeezed in some family time also with a visit from your son which I know always lifts your spirits. Hopefully the sun is shining today and you're able to get out again and attempt your 5000 steps.
Wishing you a week of bright sunny skies! :SUNsmile:
 
@bickypeg
Sorry you are experiencing lack of stamina... I must say some days are more exacting than others... I’m sure I remember struggling for some time with
my first THR ..thinking I was never going to get back to normal... and then suddenly the stamina returned ... hoping it works the same with you... some days it feels like you are walking through mud!!

Love the cow photo... very calming... although I’m a little scared of herds of them.

The current weather doesn’t help... doesn’t seem worth going out to get wet! We have high tide alerts fir the weekend so can’t go & sit by the sea either.

I’m making soup & meals like someone possessed in readiness for my knee op....broccoli & stilton today!!

Hoping you feel more like yourself ...our lovely bickypeg ..
much love Chrissie xx[emoji3590]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi BickyPeg. I love your descriptive posts! And 5000 steps a day is a very good track record. Love the “clattering walking sticks” comments. I use my Leki on long walks as refuse to “look old”!

BBC said this morning that frost is imminent. Ugh! I have am still wearing Linen shirts every day but guess that is about to change. Hope you blow those blues away and keep an eye on that “rising river”!.
 
Hello @bickypeg

Glad your ankle is coming around. You live in such a beautiful area. Love your photo of cows. Very peaceful. I could have written many of your posts. Seems like our struggles are very similar. Stamina comes and goes for me. Mostly related to how much decent sleep I muster up on any given night. Pretty impressive walking about. I don’t track my steps, but do try to get in a few purposeful walks a day. Garden centers are dangerous for me. I can’t resist a new plant. Hoping you feel better each day. Cheers to continued progress.
 
Aww touched by all the lovely friendly posts guys. It's so true @Barbaraj and @Layla that company makes me forget my aches and pains. Lovely busy day with most of the family round on Sunday for no 3 son and girlfriend's joint birthday! (Was my Mum's too. So many September birthdays.) An Indian takeaway - much pleasanter than cooking! And then babysitting in Leeds for the little one the following day.Very energetic but great fun and lots of cuddles.City living is so appealing as one gets older- lifts/ elevators and lots of interesting places to explore on the flat. But I guess I'd miss the cows..
Gloomy and achey this morning but after brief but welcome sunshine yesterday the heavens opened again and flood alerts everywhere. Lapping round son's theatre in York...But decided I wasn't going to sit and mope so booked to see Beyond the Barricade on Friday (musical theatre songs sung by former Les Mis performers) ; not husband's cup of tea but I need the transport and I haven't forgiven him for holding forth in detail on Sunday on how a doctor told him damaging tendons was far worse than breaking bones...hope they sing lots of very modern discordant stuff...:heehee:
Then made him take me to the nearest Matalan store - nice and big for getting steps up and also a sit down cubicle so I could try on some not-too-repulsive old ladies' trousers and bought a pair. Finished off the fun with a huge cappuccino as Costa were giving them away free today! So much more cheerful now, and also feeling much less sore.
Also increasingly aware that my social group consists of family and young people. I know I need to extend it if only to make them feel less responsible for my entertainment. Not so easy while I'm less mobile but I shall make an effort. Lots of things starting up round here in the autumn.Trouble is I don't really like old people and resent being one! I was much more comfortable for 20 years with primary school children than I ever was with my peers.:old:
 
Oooh, sounds like a fun day, @bickypeg, and, yes, being with others, both young and old, does distract one from aches and pains for at least a little while. Nice to buy a new pair of pants (and I am sure they were very nice and not at all like repulsive little old lady pants!) and then get a free coffee after that. What was the occasion for Costa giving away free cappuccinos? Sounds like a nice thing to do, nothing like a nice, milky drink to boost one's spirits. How are those hips doing this morning? Despite the downpour, I hope you are able to get out and about today, inside, of course. And not everybody our age is dull, you just haven't found the kind of lively, cheerful and engaging folks who are out there, I'm convinced. Hope you have a good day, and any morning aches and pains have eased a bit.
 
You're funny @bickypeg
You make me laugh everytime. Minnie the Moocher low down hoochie coocher, hahaha! :heehee:
I remember that. Loved those two as the Blue Bros. back in the day when SNL was actually good!

What a lovely Sunday you had surrounded by the fam again. I've never tried Indian food, I'm hesitant because I'm envisioning lots of Curry, of which I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm missing something. I would have passed and waited for the birthday cake, lol.

Happy you were able to babysit the littlest liddle yesterday. Lots of hugs, kisses and cuddles I'll bet. I love just smelling my grandkids heads. I know....weirdo. :heehee:

Sorry you're achy and sore today, I've been reading a lot on the forum this morning about the rain over yonder. Seems you're all getting it over there. Have you ever read here that the weather change can be felt in the in the area of your prothesis? It usually disappears over one to two years post op. As the bone adapts and grows around the metal prothesis this activity can lead to sensitivity to weather and pressure changes. Interesting, huh?

It's good to read that your shopping trip, walk and Costa Cappuccino helped lift your mood so the day can hopefully end on a relaxing peaceful note.

And who says friends have to be your age? I'm sure many younger and older would enjoy your sense of humor and company. But until then, cherish the memories you're making with your family as time is fleeting.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the musical theater on Friday. Enjoy the evening!
@bickypeg
 
We'll get used to it, sweetie, just as we became familiar with the old.
Just keep playing around with it. Hope you're having a better day across the pond and the rain has stopped.
Have a nice evening!
 
I agree @bickypeg, but we shall overcome, just as we have with our hips. And knees, or other issues..

I wanted to tell you how I enjoyed you getting your husband to go with you to the various things.. too funny and so typical of us! I hope Friday goes well and you have a grand old time,, I know you will!
 
But a frosty start today after all that rain then a beautiful autumn day! I'm sure you're right @Layla about the weather - not just that it depresses the mood but also affects us physically.
Went into our nearest town and had a wander along the river- running very fast and still quite high. Lots of ducks seeming unbothered about being on dry land but they were being well fed. Love the drakes' iridescent heads!
Nothing of interest in the discount bookshop but always good to have a browse. Felt as though I'd walked miles but hadn't! But so pleased this morning to don socks and some ankle boots which I was unable to put on or off unaided last winter! When I got home feet and ankles looked shell shocked - very wrinkly and dry and even flaking skin. Slapped on lots of Nivea (how I miss Aveeno but I seem to have developed an allergy to it) and they soon looked better. Think I just have to accept my feet are very weird but unless they are painful or not working I just have to get on with it.
You're right of course @Barbaraj I was only joking. But I have known some very tedious middle aged people! Young and old are generally more entertaining, not so much those in the middle!
 
Already trying to post twice! Never mind. I'll try a photo.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    20191002_124158.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 256
Was feeling rather smug today after putting socks and boots on easily. Even smugger when I managed to turn up the gas fire! Then decided it should be a little higher and for some crazy reason tried to squat. Oh my! (not what I actually said...) Was able to right myself in a split second and feel none the worse but that was so bad! Any thoughts? Will mention it to the physio but I shan't see her for a while.
 
Ooh, you tried to do a squat, @bickypeg? I am sure that wouldn't have been all that wise but I'm betting you just did it without thinking and then--expletive deleted--rose right back up again! I haven't tried squatting yet but even if I tried I think those muscles at the front of my thighs would squawk before I got very far down. Glad that you didn't do any real damage, and I'm betting your physio will smile and agree that it's not a problem. Just be careful!
 
Hey hey,
Great news the frost melted away into a beautiful Autumn day allowing you to walk along the river and visit the book store. It has to get pretty cold for me to want to put on a pair of socks. I'm a barefoot kind of girl, but it did feel a little chilly in the house late yesterday and I thought of turning on the heat, but instead put on my robe, over my clothes, haha...and it sufficed. I used to love the scent of Nivea and used it on my babies. Haven't smelled it in years, I'm sure it would bring back sweet memories.

Good you didn't hurt yourself with the unintentional squat. If you're not sore, I wouldn't worry about it because I'm sure you'll be more conscious now not to attempt it again without your physios blessings.

Have a great evening....I like the photo!
@bickypeg
 
Hi again, noticed you were inquiring about the recommended Magnesium dose on SurreyGirls thread...

A tip on the Magnesium -
Magnesium Glycinate is less likely to cause a laxative effect. I believe 320 mg
Is the recommended daily dosage for women.

If you don't like supplementing with it you can find it in Dark Green Leafy Vegetables like Swiss Chard and Spinach. Nuts and Seeds such as Pumpkin and Sesame. Seaweed (I'm sure that's in your diet, lol) Beans and Lentils, Whole Unrefined Grains and Fish, especially Halibut.

Read up on it and see what you think....
@bickypeg
 
Good morning, @bickypeg How are you doing today? I hope you're up and have a good day planned. As always I have no idea how far ahead you are in time, but as I live on the west coast of the US, I suspect you're really far ahead of me in your neck of the woods. Maybe your Friday is already winding down? If so, I hope it was a good day--reasonably active and mostly pain free. Hope the weather is not too awful so you've been able to get out and about. No rain here in the PNW at the moment, but the threat of it later this afternoon. Cheers!
 
Good Afternoon, bickypeg :wave:
I hope you're having a lovely Autumn Saturday.
Possibly a walk along the river, or a trip into town, better yet some time with the fam....your fave!
Whatever it is you're doing, I hope your enjoying and having a splendid Saturday!
Hugs :friends:
@bickypeg
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom