Guest viewing is limited

TKR bfw7's Recovery Thread - post op panic, anxiety

@bfw7
You'll notice that I have merged your newest post with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 
I'm sorry you had two falls.
The knee replacement hardware is pretty tough and it's not likely that you will have done any damage to it.

What you will probably have is soft tissue bruising and pain. Rest and icing will help with that, but if it doesn't start to feel better soon, it would be a wise precaution to let your surgeon know.

I had my first fall about 3 months after a TKR. I tripped while going up the steps to the dentist's surgery - one more reason to hate going there. I had a big bruise on my knee, but I didn't do any internal damage.
 
Sorry to hear you fell hard on your knee twice. Many of our members have fallen, once the soft tissue settles down they are fine.
The prosthesis is probably OK, it is the soft tissue that takes a beating with falls. You just need some time to for the soft tissue to recover from the bruising.
Has anyone had this happen and if so, what did you do about it?
With two falls in such a short time, you may want to ask your MD for a PT order to work on your balance, to prevent future falls.
In the meantime go back to using a cane or a walker, especially at night when you may be waking up for bathroom trips.
 
I have fallen at least 3 times on my knee since my tkr. The soft tissues take a beating, but the implant was fine each time.
 
Hello! I didn't realize how long it has been since I have posted. Thanks for all the answers about falling on the knee, so far, so good. How is everyone doing? Are you surviving in this crazy world? Stay safe.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom