TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

Hope you get scheduled soon, Deb, and find many moments of comfort while you wait.
@benne68
 
You've got this!
 
It's official: left TKR scheduled for December 13th! That's exactly four years from the date of my (very successful) hip replacement.

Have learned so much on BoneSmart over the past couple of years that I feel well prepared. Just need to get all my recovery devices out of the attic and dust them off so they will be ready for #2.

:yes:
 
Awesome. once having the date, it’s a weight off your shoulders and you have time to get everything ready!
 
Hi everyone. A quick reminder that BoneSmart is a not-for-profit organization that relies on our donations to keep the forum going.

BoneSmart helped me recover from my TKR by providing information so I could better understand my recovery. Just as important, though, was how the support and shared stories of other members helped me get through the toughest parts of that journey.

As you think about making charitable donations In this season of giving, please consider BoneSmart. You can click on the banner at the top of the page to donate. ( The banner changes, so if you don’t see it, just wait a few seconds.)
 
Just 10 days (and counting) until my surgery. I've been able to get through a lot of preparations this past week:
- Supplies and equipment from last TKR are down from the attic, dusted and ready to use.
- Overflow freezer is now full of soups and cooked meals.
- Christmas decorations are ready to "twinkle" to cheer me up during my recovery.

Still have a few things to check off my list:
- Presents need to be wrapped.
- Holiday cards need to be finished & mailed.

I've decided to skip the Christmas cookies and definitely won't be making a Bûche De Noël this year. (Maybe my daughter will take on that task!).

Best wishes to all the other "December Knee Supernovas"! We'll get through this together.
 
- Holiday cards need to be finished & mailed.
Thanks for this reminder for myself!

You are way ahead of the game and know what's coming. Smart to skip the Christmas cookies!

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
You're going to be soooo ready!!!!!!
 
You must have been a Girl Scout. You have fulfilled the "Be Prepared" saying!
 
Surprise! My surgery was just pushed back two days -- and that's knocked me off balance a bit.

I'm so well prepared that now I don't know what to do with the two extra days! Too bad it doesn't help to start icing and elevating before surgery! :rofsign:
 
Oh shoot! I’m glad you’re okay with it, at least I think you are?
I would be so bummed.
 
Thanks, @CricketHip! I am a little bummed, but at least it's only a two-day delay! When they first mentioned rescheduling, I was afraid they were going to say sometime in January.
Guess I now have time to make some Christmas cookies!:santa-dance:
 
Well that had to be a disappointment. You're right though, although rescheduling is not your desire, thankfully it's only two days later than your originally scheduled date. Wishing you comfort as you wait.
@benne68
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom