Guest viewing is limited

TKR Beachy in recovery<

Good for you!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
I'm having a good bit of pain on the inside of my knee, but down about 5 inches. It's been there since I had meniscus repair Jan 2017. Meniscus pt said it was a muscle. Now it's a screaming muscle and I ice and massage frequently. That helps a little,but seems like it's always there in some degree. Any suggestions until I see pt on monday?
I need a new tens unit so I'll use that when it arrives.
 
It it's away from the knee you might try a little mild heat on it before you massage (or alternately with massage) to loosen it up. But it's too early for heat on the knee itself.
 
Thanks @kneeper
It’s away from knee but I think it would be hard to keep heat away from incision with a standard size heating pad. Does that make sense? If I can find a mini heating pad that would work. Off to amazon app.....
 
Small victories 10 days out

What a difference a day makes.
Yesterday I felt yucky. First time in my recovery. I thought maybe it was post op blues. My knee cap area was warm and achy. My gut was meh. No appetite. No energy. The hubs was showing signs of cracking. He's tired and his hips hurt. Pretty :censored: day.

Slept all night.....yeah I've been blessed in that respect.
Upon awakening I stretched in bed and my operated knee bent without pain. Stood up. Not bad. Walked around a little. Most definitely better than yesterday!

Hubs is feeling better this morning too. Even the dog looks happier:rofsign:. There were butterflies and unicorns in the living room.....That must be from the oxy. LOL

Good stuff.....
Very little, if any bruising.
Swelling is not terrible. It's there, but not humongous.
I sleep as well as I did pre op.
No warm pain in knee cap today. Appetite still a work in progress.

This is not without effort. I ice and elevate continuosly. And I would like just 1 day without ANY pain....Even the low pain.
This recovery is not for the faint of heart.

So, good luck everybody. We'll just keep scratching another day off the calendar and move forward.
 
HI, Beachy. Glad all is going well for you and your recovery. I was just wondering if you heard from MissViv18? She had TKR last week and I have been looking for her post but I did not see anything.

Well, I am glad you are doing well in recovery. Keep us posted :cheers:
 
I enjoy reading your posts @beachy even on not so gòod days you still find something good to say about it. I am 6 days ahead of you on surgery days. Not doing quite as well in recovery as you are but knowing we will both get there in good time.
 
@schpooko .
I just sent a pm to Miss Viv.
How goes it with you?

@ThumperJB
Thanks, I'm glad you like to read the posts. I wonder if anyone does read them, regardless, I selfishly feel better when I see in writing what my day was like.
You know what, you're recovery is exactly that....yours. Your body is different than mine and vise versa. It's all good. And I've read here numerous times that this is 2 steps forward and 1 or 2 steps back. At least we don't have those old miserable arthritic knees anymore, right?
Hubs and I will always find something to laugh at. Usually ourselves :rotfl:.
 
@Neehutchy .
It's going to happen for you! Ice, elevate,rest,meds. That's all I did for 1 week and then some. LOL that's all I could do.:elevate:
How are you today?
 
Tomorrow I'm hiring someone to clean this apartment. It was spotless the day before surgery. Hubs is trying and he actually enjoys cleaning (sick puppy he is) but he has his limitations and I can't do my normal thing. We better do something before the health department shows up :snork:
 
Getting a cleaner in is a good idea. It will help your husband and you won't be getting cranky because the house isn't up to your standards. :)
 
@kneeper
You can tell I’m cranky?LOL
The bathrooms need a really good deep cleaning. Hubs has been wiping up, but......

Floors need mopping. Dust bunnies need to go. The pretty Fall sunlight streams through the windows on to the tv stand and illuminates the thick dust.

I’ve had to let go of my clutter phobia. There must be 2,000 bags of snacks falling off the top of fridge. Hubs likes to grocery shop. For snacks. And vacuum. He loves to vacuum :heehee:
 
When my husband gets anxious he starts looking for things to straighten up, organize, or throw away, and he vacuums too. Which has always amazed me. By the way, I read all your posts and they keep my spirits up, so carry on!!:happydance: (And I just learned how to add an emoji, who says old dogs can't learn new tricks,).
 
:happydance: (And I just learned how to add an emoji, who says old dogs can't learn new tricks,).
It was a real happy day when I learned about the emojis!!! Some of them are mesmerizing! :heehee:
 
I have 8 inside/outside cats. The Roomba does well for a robot! I will drag out the big upright vacuum about once every two weeks. The Roomba's removable parts have to be taken out and cleaned about once every two weeks for it to work the best. I have an air compressor that I use to blow it out. That's much easier than trying to clean it by hand. During my recovery it was a God-send! I had 13 cats then! I couldn't get out to the air compressor so I just sat Roomba on my lap on some paper towels and cleaned out the parts that way. There is a dust box that you dump daily. That's simple.
 
I can do pain (had two over 10# kids), but confrontation with OS and PT really scares me! You would think, at 65, I wouldn’t be such a softie!
My babies were all in the 8-something pound range, but my first labor went on for 39 hours, the last 9 being hard labor! :yikes:

And yes, confrontation with OS and PT scare me more, too! Actually, now that I know better, just the OS. My personal opinion is that the PT is low man on the totem pole in this recovery and is expendable.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom