TKR Beachy in recovery<

Seriously, I nod my head when she talks and do my own thing.

A wonderful tactic. I did the same with my therapist, a nice young man who meant well. Nod. Nod. “Okay, I’ll do that.” Or, “No. Not that one. Won’t do that.” He rolled with it. It helped that my results were good. :heehee: He got credit for those results!

You’re weathering the first week really well!
 
Oh no @beachy had to stop my anti inflammatories 3 days ago and felt it almost instantly, went to my Doctor today she upped my norspan patch from 5mg to 10mg , so the knees are not co-operating at all ,
On a good note one more sleep and I leave for my pre-op cruise,
So for all the October fiesties wishing you all well with your surgeries and recoveries , I will be back on 31/10/18 to post my last pre-op post for halloween, then Will catch you all in recovery:good-bad: Guess I am excitedly terrified
 
@SusieShoes
I think I read that tactic a long time ago on your recovery thread. That along with learning that I don’t have to comply with PT that is painful has been key. I really feel for TKR patients that go along until they’re in tears.

The first week is rough, but manageable. The pain is still there, but I think it’s a bit better. Doing little things to be more independent helps too.
 
@gecko
Excitedly terrified Great description!
Bon Voyage :capn: have a great cruise and see you when you return!
 
Independence is good for restoring confidence. Mr. Shoes would blanch when I told him I did something he thought was too soon (he thought everything was too soon), like cook pork chops. I mean, what’s life come to if I couldn’t cook a pork chop. I thought I was ready. I was. I cooked the pork chops and we really enjoyed them. Yes, I was exhausted after cooking the pork chops. I totally let him do the clean-up. :)

Do what you feel up to doing. Recognize when you are wrong about that. :heehee: It happens. But those little victories get us back to normal much sooner.
 
Thanks @SusieShoes
Pork chops LOL. What HAS life come too?
I’m craving a burger. Finally have a bit of an appetite. Burger cooked medium. No roll. Small side salad. It’s whats for dinner. I may have to assist hubs.
 
Beachy ,things can change , sometimes quickly , sometimes slowly, and sometimes we take a step back. At 2 to 3 weeks I couldn’t sit or stand for more than a minute or two before my knee started screaming. Last night at 6 weeks, went to dinner with wife , and for the first time got thru dinner without thinking about my knee. It was like normal so cool lol. Didn’t last, it’s still there ,but there was that wonderful look at the future when all is healed. Take the little victories as they come
 
@Softtail
Its funny how recovery varies for each person. I’m expecting set backs even though I’m an eternal optimist but also realist. And I’m loving little victories for sure! The good thing is there are little victories.

Glad you had s nice dinner out like a normal person! I’m really looking forward to that.
 
Yep I am a month ahead of you, so believe me it’s easy to think your recovery is gonna be the one that doesn’t work, or takes too long. 3 weeks depressed, 6 weeks encouraged.
 
Waiting for home nurse to come take my waterproof bandage off and check the wound. This time the bandage can be left off.

Underneath is the closure. It is Dermabond Prineo skin closer system.
It’s a combo of mesh and liquid adhesive. It comes off 10-14 days post off. It peels off :yikes:
It’s not the same as a zipline. This will be interesting. I’ll post a pic later.
 
@Softtail
Its funny how recovery varies for each person. I’m expecting set backs even though I’m an eternal optimist but also realist. And I’m loving little victories for sure! The good thing is there are little victories.

Glad you had s nice dinner out like a normal person! I’m really looking forward to that.

Totally agree @Softtail and @beachy ! It's the little victories that help get us through. Taking another step this evening. For the last couple years, almost every single Friday, we've had takeout from a nearby restaurant. I don't call ahead or get delivery, I go there, sit at the bar, get a beer, order the food and wait for it. Kind of a smallish town, often see and chat with the same patrons. (Family members have complained about how long this takes, until I suggest they're free to go get it. No takers.) Tonight, in just under a couple hours, I plan on driving over there and re-starting that routine. It's a little thing...but I can hardly wait. I LOVE my family, but it's going to be kinda nice to see "other people" again. :driver:

ETA:
PS - On the 'little setbacks.' They happen, for sure, and sometimes they seem to linger. But, after the seemingly overnight miraculous IT band issue recovery I just had...my optimism remains in full force. Best wishes for uneventfulness!
 
I'm excited reading about your recovery @beachy! I'm having my TKR on the 31st, same as @gecko, and I'm trying to prepare myself. I hope you continue to see improvement!
 
Besides home nurse the OT was here today. Geez. Had I allowed PT today I would have had to call a catering company! And a deejay.

She took my vitals just like nurse did 2 hrs prior. Same numbers. She wanted a tour of the apartment to make sure I had all the equipment. She pronounced that I was way ahead (of what?) in my recovery, wound looked good, swelling and bruising were minimal and that she didn’t need to come back. She should have just called and I could have told her that LOL.
 
Hi @texasjeri
Glad you’re enjoying my recovery thread. I never know if anyone reads it but it’s therapeutic to write it.

Read all the info sent to you by the forum advisors too. That’s the real info that will get you through the surgery and recovery.
 
Did you get your burger you were craving??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
@Bismitmom1 .
Sure did! Hubs did a good job. Really hit the spot!
But, it's amazing how quickly I get full.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom