TKR Beachy in recovery<

your knee should not be bent like that. She takes away lounge doc. Best to have pillow under ankles so knees remain straight.
Where do these therapists get their knee replacement education from! This is crazy talk. I, too, would have told her there was no way I'd not use my Lounge Doctor! I had just one home pt visit and wouldn't let her dictate anything. I refused all other visits. You don't need them!

Congrats on the movement! :chuckmarch:Yay! I know you feel a lot better!
 
Hi @ beach so glad your sense of humor is back too! I really appreciate that lol. Following your recovery. So hard to post as I work and come home exhausted from dealing with this rainy and weather and all the pains! Gotta go but will catch up later. :)
 
@Gingercat
Aww hope you get some time to rest up before your TKR. Do you think the weather is affecting your knees? Its hard to work when you’re in pain. I had to leave my job that I loved because of my knees.
 
Yea ain't nobody touching my lounge doctor lol. Pt I had for the 1st one had me bring it for her to look at (she wanted to make sure it was suitable like I would listen anyway) but she though it was great. I can't imagine propping my ankle on a towel all day :heehee:
 
@sistersinhim
You’re right. I was having pain before PT and after. I told her I was quite swollen and having pain before we started. When she went ahead with her “regimen” anyway I knew this wasn’t going to work and didn’t comply very much. I’m disappointed because I do believe a good therapist is helpful in recovery. Now I have to find one. Sitting on the sidelines til I do.

I’m not sure the pain I had before and after PT was from the session. The healing is letting me know it’s happening. I have to go along and ice and elevate to make it happy.
 
Find a therapist, or therapy clinic, that focuses on functional mobility and not ROM. I was very fortunate to have great PTs for my first TKR in 2017 and I will have one of the same ones for #2 - they only measured as required by insurance, didn't care about what the measurements said, never tried to bend my knee and we only worked on things like balance, good gait, gaining strength and coordination in the surrounding muscle groups, and other functional things that were important for getting me back to the activities I love. I looked forward to PT. These PTs are out there but you have to be a discerning shopper.
 
@beachy please let us know when you find the good PT. My 1st knee I had in home PT and outpatient. The in home was horrible and cost a fortune. How they can charge $600 US dollars for approximately 15 mins of exercises that are the same every day is beyond me. I would love to find a PT that would massage and work on proper walking gate with no limp. ROM and measuring is all they seem to care about.
 
@ThumperJB
I’ll be happy to share with you. I contacted a pt company that got great reviews. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack isn’t it? I have to trust it will happen!
 
Today the new compression socks arrived and I love them! Very comfy with good pressure that doesn’t dig into your leg.
From Amazon...SB Sox. The kind that runners wear. Couldn’t get pic to post.

Starting to cut back the oxycodone. I was taking 2 tabs of 5 mg each every 3 hrs until last night. Last 24 hrs have been 1 1/2 ever 3.5 hrs. Supplement with 1000mg Tylenol every 12 hrs. Had a little more pain today when weight bearing but manageable. Tomorrow will try 1 tab 5mg of oxy every 3 hrs. Not trying to be tough but it takes an Act of Congress for insurance to approve and cutting back slowly is quite doable.

Eating, sleeping well, icing, elevating, bowels back to normal. It’s been a difficult week but I feel blessed. I’m sure there are more difficult times ahead.
Hang in there Fiesties! We got this!
 
Wonderful that your constipation problem is a thing of the past! That's a huge relief!
 
Once you find out the PT techs feeling about pain in the recovery process, you should be able to pick one. My therapist asks me before and after every exercise if it hurts, and if it does it’s eliminated from the workout. Remember there are two approaches to recovery. One is little or no PT, waiting for the body to repair itself in its own time, and the approach where PT is an intracal part of it. Being a jock, I have always gone the exercise route, and am doing so with my PT. Under no circumstance will I let the tech push me from discomfort to pain in my exercises. Hope whatever route you take it’s as pain free as possible.
 
I had home PT today. :whistle:
Same therapist. I wanted to have “the talk” with her and try to come to an understanding about MY recovery . I’m glad we had the appointment. She learned a few things and did not try to push me. I learned a few things, too. She helped me with scheduling pain meds. I was too hasty the other day and I wasn’t feeling well.
With resting a few days my flexion went up to 80. It was 70 a few days prior. She said maybe I was right about resting it. Ya think?:chinstroke:

Surprisingly the knee felt better after. We walked a good distance down the hall and she was impressed and it felt good to walk. I kept telling her I wasn’t the least bit concerned with ROM numbers, but understood why she had to measure. Refused heel slides. It’s only a few more times next week and if I can get something beneficial from the appointments I’ll keep them. I made her apologize to lounge doc before she left.

Today I’m 1 full week post op and I see good changes daily albeit small changes. Still hurts when I stand or walk. Swelling isn’t too bad. I’m sleeping well, icing and elevating all day. Doing little things when I’m up...feeding dog, putting little things away in kitchen, etc. I gues I’m on track for 1 full week, right?
 
You are doing great for 1 week out! Look at how that bend went up 10 degrees after increasing your resting!
 
Thanks,Ladies!

@sistersinhim
She wants to come today, but I’ll probably call and cancel. If I rest up this weekend my flex may be at 120 on Monday :heehee: Seriously, I nod my head when she talks and do my own thing.

@gecko
The days are counting down for you! How are you feeling? Are those knees hanging in there?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom