Guest viewing is limited

TKR Beachy in recovery<

You are doing so great!

I wish it was spring so we could get out more. I hate cold weather.
 
@MissViv18 .
Not only cold but so dreary lately. Winter is not my friend lol!
I do get outside several times a day to walk my little furry friend. At least the fresh, cold, dreary air perks me up!

You're having a good recovery, too!
 
@beachy you are amazing, what a great OT visit yea!!!!! No more PT , I can't wait to be able to walk further outside than my verandah, you inspire me to just keep at it
TKR recovery is so simple one step forward one step back repeat :rotfl: Then all of a sudden it is one foot after the other cosistantly :yes!:

So Blessed
 
Well, thank you @gecko!
I don't feel all that amazing lol. Bonesmart is amazing and has kept me on the right path. Even though I strayed a few times :heehee:.

You are the amazing one! I cannot fathom having tkr 2 weeks apart. Or at the same time. Or dressing like a Halloween gecko for surgery! I still smile when I think of that!
Just think how we're going to be able to walk pain free before long! Eyes on the prize has kept me going.
Patience.
 
I called pt yesterday to cancel my appts. They were so nice and congratulated me on "graduating" . My therapist suggested I keep my appt for today so she could give me some suggestions and tips for exercising on my own. She was so darn nice that I agreed. Walking, adls, and recumbent bike is all I need. But, I'll go. No exercises, though. She can demonstrate if she wants :loll:
 
That's great. I really like my PT and it makes me feel so much better. I get really stiff in between times and the PT helps work that out.

My OS wrote me orders for 3 more weeks of PT at 3 times a week. Then I guess I will be finished.
 
@MissViv18 .
I'm glad pt is helping you. You're doing so well in your recovery!

I only went 2x week. I could do the third day at home. Now I can do it all at home lol. I have access to a recumbent bike, tens unit, ice cuff, print out of the exercises.

I loved my therapist. She hugged me when I left and gave me her email for questions and updates. She really listened to me. She knew I had a solid foundation of what I have to do. She also said that if I have any concerns about rom I could pop in for a quick measure.
I wish everyone here could have her as their pt. Sure would end all the pt horrors we hear about.
 
Today is 8 weeks since tkr.

It's been better than week 7.
The knee still aches when I'm up more than 20 min. I take a lot of breaks and ice and elevate. The front of the knee is the most achy. Maybe a 2 pain level to 3 if I'm up too long. No pain when elevating.

The pain in back of knee is almost gone.

I take Tylenol 3 x day and a 5 mg oxycodone 2x day Oxy is 5mg in am and evening.
I have more energy, but that only makes me want to do more!
Still not a great appetite, but I eat small meals and snack on fruits and veg.

Sleeping great, but I always have through recovery. I feel for those of you who had and are having sleep issues!
Last night I slept on my unoperated side all night without hurting in the morning.
Mornings are getting less achy and stiff.

Hubs hasn't felt well for several days so the tables are turned and I'm helping him now.

So, there's the good, the bad and the ugly is my hair. :loll:I have and appt on the 11th. My stylist will probably charge me double.
Hang in there newbies! It gets better!
 
Great aspirational update for those of us behind you. Hope the hubs feels better soon.ah yes! Hair!!!!:hairpulling:
 
, there's the good, the bad and the ugly is my hair. :loll:I have and appt on the 11th. My stylist will probably charge me double.
My hair was longer when I had surgery. Some longer styles are easier than short ones. I didn’t use any styling products for a while, just a round brush and hair dryer. I figured I’d be in and out of bed for a while and hair with no product was easy to just brush out every time I got up.

Months after surgery I was thinking back to when I was in the hospital and I realized I never once even took my brush out of my bag! :yikes: I must have looked a sight! :rotfl: That’s how out of the loop I was! But I was only in for one night. I took a shower the morning after I got home, which was Wednesday, surgery had been Monday. (a very shaky shower, but still a shower)
 
@Jockette
We could probably start a whole thread about post op hair in the social forum!

My hair is short and blonde. Those cool icy highlights are natural. :whistle: that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
It's a good stylist 's dream because it's full of cowlicks. Brittany is the best! I will travel from OC to see her when we move. She can achieve the best age appropriate funkiness with my crazy hair. I carry her cards because strangers ask about the hair cut and color.

You know how you get that 1 week window when you're due for a cut? Hair is grown out but looks great? That window closed 2 weeks ago. The cowlicks have taken over.
Just great. I am owned by my knee and cowlicks.:bored:
 
@kmak81230 .
Love that emoji! Sums up the whole hair and recovery process!

@Grandma B .
You're very welcome. You will get there! Your recovery seems to be coming right along.
 
Great update! And you're right it does get better each week.

I know all to well about the hair. I have to get it cut before the holiday too! Schpooko
 
Jockette did start a thread in the social forum LOL!
It's called Post Op Hair! oh my!
Take a look.
 
Lol loving the hair comments. I am lucky my daughter is a hairdresser so keeps me in check. I made the decision this fall to “own” my white hair..but I told my daughter I want it fun, especially since I have way more than my 87 year old mother. So I have white hair with a splash of purple, fuschia and charcoal in the front.
 
@DLR .
Own it, girl!

My natural color is blonde, but it's like a dirty blonde now. Highlights just perk it up. Thank goodness there's no noticeable gray yet. Blonde hair doesn't turn that pretty white/platinum color like yours. But, hey, it's just hair.
 
Yoga pants Thursday!
I need to do laundry and not much was clean to wear except my yoga pants. Tried them on and soooooo comfy! They're not the skin tight legging type. They're long and flaired at the bottom.
Too bad I can't do much yoga, though.
Namaste. Namaste in the recliner today lol.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom