TKR Beachy in recovery<

I've been letting the legs down, feet on the floor for a few monsters and there since last post and it does help with bend.

The college trips are a once in a lifetime thing and a special time for you and your son. You're going to do great. Enjoy your time together!
 
@beachy -- Outstanding!! Don't feel like you should be doing more. Slow and steady will win this race.
I am embarrassed to admit that I do not know what prang means and hope someone will educate me.
 
@beachy -- Outstanding!! Don't feel like you should be doing more. Slow and steady will win this race.
I am embarrassed to admit that I do not know what prang means and hope someone will educate me.

To quote @Josephine:

A prang is what you do to your car when you drive it into a wall!

[Bonesmart.org] Beachy in recovery<
 
@sistersinhim and @Motherbone arrow
Thanks for the encouragement. I must be getting impatient. Last week I was looking forward to the little victories. Now I want more. LOL
I think I'm at point where I don't want to inconvenience anyone, but I still need help with certain things.

@Rhodyrhody .
The Dodgers are in for a pranging.

@schpooko .
I have a new tablet with awful spell check. My laptop died and I bought this fire tablet online until I can shop for a new laptop or get an iPad for Christmas. Read my reply to you above.
Monsters=Minutes here and there
Me talk pretty one day LOL
 
It was my mistake. Thank you for pointing it out to me! My typing gets ahead of my brain!
 
@beachy take heart...we all struggle with wanting things to improve quicker. You are just over 2 weeks and by now it feels like forever or at least a month. The feelings of “ I’m so done with this” come often. I’m 10 weeks now and walking without assists though not too far. I feel like I still have a long way to go..but I do see lots of improvements..I can sit with my feet down for an hour, I need very little pain meds (mostly for the other knee), I was able to clean out the garden.
Funny one last night our daughters went out to dinner with us, after we were done they and my husband hopped up and headed out full steam..I stood flexed the knee hobbled out...part way to the car they realized they had left me in the dust..the girls said “mom you look so good and have been moving so well we forgot” :giggle:
A good reminder the improvements are happening even when I feel slow
Thinking of you my friend, enjoy the TLC from family and rest, it is worth it!
 
@DLR .
Thanks, Diane. You are exactly right. My patience has been tested, but I'm winning the battle. For now LOL
I needed a little reassurance from my BS buddies and you all came through.
That is really funny that your family left you behind! And especially nice that you were able to go out and have a nice family dinner.
I'm having more little victories lately that have been encouraging and will post an update soon.
 
It's getting better.
I'm learning to appreciate the little victories aka recovery blessings.

Pain meds. Dilaudid . I am very comfy going to every 5 hrs instead of 4. Xtra strength Tylenol in between. Some people are off pain meds and taking Tylenol only after 2 weeks. Not me. I must be a pain weenie, but I'm not ready to ditch meds completely. In a few day I'll try every 6 hrs.

Walking is easier. Making the morning trek to the bathroom had been painful when I first stand up. Today I was prepared for the pain, but it wasn't nearly as bad. Achy, but not that throbbing, burning pain. Achy describes the pain now. Achy I can handle. And I can be up for longer than before. Going to walk the hallway in the building later.

Sat at desk and placed some Christmas gift orders today. Shopping is more than half finished. Don't hate me. I can sit with legs down for a bit. Couldn't do that last week.

I can elevate without continuously icing. Just enough to get warm. I love icing, but sometimes I need a break from that chilled to bone feeling. And the knee doesn't swell from taking a break.

All I all I can definitely say there has been improvement in the last few days. I'm losing track of the days. I forget which day of the week it is. Hubs now sees that I can do more for myself so he's more relaxed. I keep him around to remind me what day it is :rotfl:

Stay strong tkr peeps.
 
Great Report:yay::happydance::yes!::egypdance: What a difference a day makes!!! Keep up the good work and have fun treking the hallway. Its a great way to get started. Each day a little more.... :wowspring:
 
That’s so nice you have a climate controlled hallway to walk!

My one story house is long (so long if you want to walk from one end to the other, you have to pack a sandwich, :loll:) One end has a U where I can keep going without doing an about face. I can get a nice walk in, in the house. Hungry Girl calls it “house walking.” Works for me, I can do it in my jammies!
 
Sorry to read about your trip to the ER. But glad they took good care of you and you've got the pain under control. Just keep saying to yourself "no ODIC!" :)
 
From here to there and back again. 300 steps.

@Jockette
Yes it's nice to do that without the weather interference. Sounds like you have the same set up. I walked in my fleece jammies. I've seen worse at walmart. At least I wore undergarments. And didn't resemble a plumber. :heehee:


@keeper
Thanks. I was given better care in a busy ER than at the ortho dept when I had surgery. Different hospitals, too. It all worked out though.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom