Guest viewing is limited

Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stan. Yep...you're in charge now. If you complain about anything, we'll tell you to take it up with your supervisor. :)

Get lots of rest, lots of ice, and pain meds are your friend!

Sharon
 
More swelling out today :(
It's a nightmare trying to stay comfy in this humid weather.
Still taking it easy with the odd walk around the house. Not as much swelling as last time but certainly more painful :(
 
Well, stan794 we did it! I thought I was feeling more pain this time out, but when I went back and read my thread about the first one, I seem to be pretty much on track. My knee is giving me a lot of grief this time, but it did last time as well. I guess it's like having a baby -- there is a good reward at the end and one forgets!

I'm still sleeping in my recliner. It's handy that way because if I wake up during the night, I can turn on the tv until it puts me to sleep again. I'm sleeping a lot -- how about you? I cannot concentrate on reading anything more advanced than Goodnight Moon -- Wind in the Willows is way beyond me right now. TV shows much be short or I'm dozing off in the middle. The frequent trips to the bathroom are my source of exercise. Hubby must still fetch and carry everything for me -- ice, food and drinks or there would be way too much spillage. I am noticing he'd finding more and more urgent reasons to make a trip into town, so am guessing he's ready for my full recovery. In a few more nights, I plan to head for my real bed. The real advantage to bed over chair is the lack of kitties jumping on me in the middle of the night. I can shut them out of the bedroom. On the other hand I may miss the purring.
 
Same here cookie, sleeping as much as I can. Reading I find the same and my mind is wandering, before I know I have got through three pages and I think what on earth have I just read :)
I have been learning Polish for the last month so just relax strap the iPod on and listen to that, I always pick a few words up before I drift off :)

Well this morning - let me tell you all, woke up after full nights sleep about 5.30 am and decided to get out of bed to visit the toilet - WOW that hurts - my IT band told me easy tiger I have been gentle with you so far but I'm in a bad mood today this might hurt. A lot less movement today boo hoo :(
 
Quite a lot of bruising out now, I knew it was to soon to count me chickens thinking that I was more flexible than last time - that's a big no :( more painful, even less flexible :) oh deep joy, just gonna sleep even more, thank god that has not been affected.
 
stan794 glad you are pacing yourself and able to sleep. One day at a time!
 
I understand completely, stan794 about the sleep. I keep telling myself we heal when we sleep. Boy-o-boy I must be healing a lot! I expected the stiffness and soreness when walking, but there is a burning in my incision that worries me. I'm supposed to remove the bandage tomorrow, but am too cowardly to do so. I have a call in to the OS to see if this is a fear I should ignore or if I can wait until my appointment on Monday and let him do it

So you can read three pages? Lucky you. I'm trying to read one of the year's hottest mysteries, Gone Girl, for my book group and I'm lucky to get three sentences. I may have to just read it later and discuss it all by myself. Another language is completely beyond me.
 
Yep that's correct, i have the Birmingham Hip Resurface device, should get my other pic on my 6 week check then ill change my avatar to show my matched set :)
 
Duh...I never investigated what was done in a hip resurfacing procedure, thanks for pointing that out to me @stan794. I had just "assumed" hip resurfacing did not involve prosthesis devices. :doh:
 
Oh yes, you still have a device, and still very painful :)
 
Well nipped down to my local surgery this morning to get my dressing changed. Turns out every one I've had so far I have been allergic to so I'm looking a bit like a baboon :) lets hope this new ones better, staples due out on 01/08/13 :)
 
Quick update
Loads of bruising now out and more swelling. I'm not moving around as much as I like and just resting, plenty of time for at that pt stuff :)
So far this time seems slower than last time, I know it's not, but just forcing myself to listen to my body :)
 
Bruising stopped but still swelling nicely.
Walking around the house now on a regular basis In between cups of tea, episodes of top gear oh and elevation and ice :)
 
Bruising stopped but still swelling nicely.
Walking around the house now on a regular basis In between cups of tea, episodes of top gear oh and elevation and ice :)

LOVE "Top Gear" ... Gotta watch BBC to get the good version, the American version is kind of like buying generic chocolate.. big hopes but not really as good as the original.:groan:
 
Don't forget the elevating and icing for that swelling stan794 :)
 
I hear you Poppet, icing quite a few times through out the day as well as keeping my feet up. First thing in the morning does my head in as lying in bed for 8 hours, no meds etc I can't wait to hit it with the ice
 
I used to sleep wrapped in ice packs Stan :)
 
Woo hoo staples out in the morning ahhhh bliss :)
 
How many stan794? Doesn't it feel good... You can cross that milestone off :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom