Guest viewing is limited

Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in
It will be 3 weeks this Thursday since new parts fitted and so far so good. Walking pretty good, swelling not to bad and bruising finally fading. Now walking around the street and I must say its nice to be out in the fresh air, ahhh the simple things.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Back to work :(
to simple pleasures and how much they mean! It's the little things!
 
4 weeks today :)
Down to one stick around the house but taking 2 outside just in case.
Have a bit of stiffness in IT band and knee so leg not bending fully yet but really happy so far :) onwards and upwards.
Hope everyone is well.
 
stan794 I to am glad your doing well. It sometimes seems like a long journey (and it is), other times it seems like you are healing very fast. Just hang in there for the long haul, things do get better.
 
6 weeks on the other side, back for my check up today and all seems ok (new avatar showing my matching set :))
have to try walking without stick now and build up slowly, its funny coz it seemed easier last time (im sure it wasnt really) and i dont want to let go of my last stick even though im hardly putting any weight on it. Onwards and upwards.
 
stan794 we had our second hips done the same day and I don't think it's your imagination that this one is not as easy. I know mine isn't. This one has hurt longer and I'm moving slower. I can't say it's because I'm older unless 10 months makes that much difference!
 
Time goes fast, I can't believe it's been 8 weeks since having my new parts fitted and back to work on Monday, light duties of course :)
 
You've done well, my friend.

One thing - as you can see, I've merged this new post onto your recovery thread. Would you stick with your original recovery thread please? Many thanks.
 
Well first week back at work went pretty well. I'm very tired though and looking forward to getting feet up over weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom