Guest viewing is limited

Spine Back surgery<

Also the red mark is right in target that you posted. The worst is only in rt leg get severe cramping spasm that start across ankle up calf and sometimes feels like a pulled muscle in thigh. This again is the side of my hip replacement and broken ankle
I’m taking gabapentin 600 mg bedtime
But pain management team prescribed
Methocarbamol 500 mg TID
He also gave me hydromorphone HCL 2 mg b.i.d as needed. This was all given to me from the back surgery. I haven’t taken it once I realized it’s morphine got a little nervous about taking it.
I guess I’m
Dealing with 2 issues at the same time which is probably affecting everything
Thanks again Josephine for all your help
Susanne
 
1. Pain is about an 8 and it’s mainly at night. It’s just the weirdest pain which doesn’t fit any of the categories mentioned except the stiffness when I bend it back for example doing heel sides.
okay .....
2. I’m really not taking pain meds just when I go to PT for my back which is 5mg oxy sometimes twice a day on my therapy days. I’m taking gabapentin 600 mg bedtime
Don't ever take pain meds in order to cope with PT. Pain has a function which is to tell us when we are doing too much or pushing too hard. Take that away and you risk doing yourself an injury. Not safe!
3 only swollen on rt side it’s fluid build up which the dr who did the PRP drained for me about a month ago
okay
4. By knee bends all the way back no problem
Okay
5. I’m icing at night 20 mins on and off about 3-4 times
You accomplish little or nothing in 20 minutes. Ice for at least 40-60mins and more than 4 times a day.
6. Not elevating. Dr said not necessary
okay
pushing knee down on rolled towel exercise
10 mins stationary bike
2lb weights doing leg lifts sitting and standing
Band around ankle and knee to the side
All these are 30sets

At pt 2x week
Electric stim and heat 10 mins
Bike 10 mins
Weights 2lb on knee raises sitting and standing 30 sets rest in between
Calf stretching a few mins
Band across ankle and leg out to side 30 sets
Massage of knee
This is all too much and the reason why your knee has flared up. Specially you should stop doing the knee raises with weights. That is a BIG no-no! And I've crossed out another one
 
Thank you for answering so quickly. So basically you think it best not to go to PT
I have a bike at home and use it every day
Returning to ortho in 2 weeks
Susanne

Basically I’ve been going to PT since March after the back surgery going all the leg exercises. So I realize now 3 months of doing this and hearing the crunch/grinding is not good. Plus there are times my knee buckles while walking. And each dr/ surgeon I’ve gone to all say the same thing strengthen quads
 
So basically you think it best not to go to PT
Absolutely!
So I realize now 3 months of doing this and hearing the crunch/grinding is not good.
I'd say so.
Plus there are times my knee buckles while walking. And each Dr or surgeon I’ve gone to all say the same thing strengthen quads
I know they do but it doesn't make it right. Show me a surgeon who's actually HAD a hip replacement and I'll show you someone who really understand this. I once worked with a surgeon who'd had a hip replacement. He used to be on the board directors of BoneSmart as it happens. But he never subscribed to post-op exercising after he had his hip done. He always said that it caused more trouble than anything! So I now use this as a guideline

Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Thanks @Josephine I really appreciate all your help. The hip is fine it’s just now my rt knee
But I’ll just stick to icing and walking.
At PT they were giving me heat on my knee
I wasn’t sure if you read the Xray report. I guess with all the wear and tear bones thinning out. Back to increasing my vitamin c and D plus all the others I take
And especially the saving me money!!
If you happen to be able to glance at Xray would like your opinion on getting any injections?
Thank you again. I’ guess with all the free time in my hands I can get back to speaking to more people the old gang of 2014 knee replacement friends I made on this site
Again thank you so much
Getting ready to ice now
And if you don’t mind just reviewing the Xray report
Thanks again. I don’t think o have anything left to fix
With much appreciation
Susanne
 
Back
Top Bottom