THR Back pain post THR and pain<

Hi Jackie222 - it's been a mixed bag of a week physically and emotionally - but yesterday was a good day - and those are the only ones I'm counting!! Eva walked without her crutches - and was able to join her dad on stage for a local open mic evening, for half an hour. No doubt, she'll pay a price physically today, but mentally, I think it has done her the world of good. Thanks for checking in.
 
I could only imagine, Eva, one month of this recovery seems endlessly long. But it has only been one month since you got your bionic hip and things were rearranged quite a bit too get all that fixed.
You have dealt with alot of pain, and oh my stars...does that get old.
Keep your patience and baby step it through and before you know it, things will be easing!
You can sing "Brave" by Sara Barralis (sp) like I did. My daughter cringed...she thinks I'm a dork sometimes!
Take it easy today and take another little out and about soon.
Good for our mental health!
 
Hi @FiFiTrixy
Stopping by to say :hi: to you and Eva.
Hope things have been progressing well over the past couple of days.
So great to hear of the progress she's made! Up on stage already with dad :curtsey:
Hopefully she wasn't to tired out after all of the excitement.
Wishing you both a great week!
 
Hi, was just wondering how Eva and yourself are getting on in this snowy weather. Are school supporting her while Eva is off school?. ihope that she is having more good days than bad :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Hi Jackie222, other than a bit of cabin fever, Eva is recovering well - we haven't been out this week because of the snow. Each week sees an improvement on the last week. We're due to see the consultant on Wednesday - looking forward to hearing the feedback. Not sure what happens after the six week review? Presumably she gets discharged.

Eva is being home schooled (has been for the last two years) but the time lost this year in particular means she will repeat Y12. She needs some top A-levels to compensate for only having a handful of GCSEs (four years of no schooling ... don't even start me on it!!!). Thanks for checking in.
 
I wouldn’t worry about Eva repeating Y12 so many do the same. I’m sure she’ll do great when she does do her Alevels.
I think what happens at the 6 weeks review differs between OS’s. I got discharged. I hope the appointment goes well :flwrysmile:
 
I feel for your daughter. I was diagnosed with SUFE about 50 years ago. I went thru the pin insertion then an attempt at pin removal. Both hips had it left worse than rt. Actually I'd say years of walking with bad hips caused my back pain.
 
Stopping by to say Hi and wish Eva well with the consultant appt. tomorrow.
Let us know how the visit goes, we'd love to hear.
Hoping she continues to progress.
A great week to you both!
@FiFiTrixy
 
Hi @Layla - feeling on top of the world today (I am anyway!! Eva's still sleeping off the long trip!!!). The x-ray looks fine, her scar is healing beautifully, the pain is improving ... but most importantly Eva heard the magic words "It's now OK to be OK". The faith she'd lost in her health years ago, can now return. She's already making plans for the future ... the first one involves me paying for a big party!!

Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful support.
 
Yay for Eva. :flwrysmile:Yay for mommy.:angel:
Yay for HIP replacement.:egypdance:
Yay for party:dogwalk:

So happy and relieved that healing is going well.:yes!:
 
Thanks for the update! @FiFiTrixy
Such wonderful news. I'm so happy to hear her x-ray looked good and her incision is healing.
But especially happy about the advice she was given. The poor dear has been through so much
and you as well, mom. You've fought tirelessly for her and your devotion is paying off.
As a parent all we want is to see our kids happy and thriving. Praise the Lord, Eva is on her way!
I hope your weekend is great. Please stay in touch.
 
Hi all, I forgot to ask my daughter's surgeon about footwear at her last follow-up appointment. Her legs are both the same length now so we don't need orthotics but are there any restrictions on what type of heel height she can wear? I'm obviously not planning on buying her stilettos but wondered whether an ankle boot with a small block heel would be suitable or not? Thanks.
 
@FiFiTrixy you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

Ankle boots with a small heel should be just fine. Your daughter might want to ease into any new shoe with a heel as she will obviously carry her weight a bit differently and as a result experience a few aches and pains.
 
Wonderful to be contemplating shoes.
It's fantastic Eva is doing so well.
May it only get better and better. :flwrysmile:
@FiFiTrixy
 
Thanks Jaycey - advice much appreciated. Sorry about new threads, I've never used a message board or blog before ... clueless!
 
No problem @FiFiTrixy - how is Eva doing these days. Looking forward to some better weather and a more active summer I'll bet!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom