Guest viewing is limited

THR Back pain post THR and pain<

Hello old friends, I hope the team at Bonesmart are going from strength to strength.

We are five years on from Eva’s THR and she is now completing her final year of biomed. On the the whole, she is leading a normal life now although each year around about this time she seems to have a set back with inflammation. This year, it’s happened on her good (non THR) side - no falls/nothing physiological- just lots of swelling and pain/discomfort. She described a shooting icy pain deep inside her bones when it happened and then she felt like she couldn’t walk again. She’s back on crutches for the time being.

I just wondered if anyone else experienced unexplained pain and swelling like this and what might be causing it?
 
Hi @FiFiTrixy

Your daughter's journey has been an arduous one, but she has done so well....
I'm sure having her non-op side bother her must cause stress.
Has she ever had Xrays done for lefty?
Could her gait be affecting the opposite side?
Just thoughts... I truly hope it is just a hiccup.
 
Thanks Mojo333, there’s nothing of concern on the x-rays. I have got her booked in to get her gait checked (I think she has grown on one side more).
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom