Guest viewing is limited

TKR Avoiding Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Avoiding Despair
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Avoiding Despair
    3 beggin of a treat.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 147
I don't see a picture. Did it not upload? Would love to see yours. I'm a sucker but we need to start our own thread "TKR's with golden therapists".
 
Now I see it. Beautiful. Such little beggars aren't they. The one on far right looks like Miss Priss.
 
Ok you doggy folk - they are lovely, but I have cats!!! I'll look forward to the twelve week mark and hope it lives up to expectations, Tennis Nut, but my confidence is not high. This whole thing is really awful and quite frankly I'd rather be dead, sorry but I come from Yorkshire and we are very direct. I really cannot face the prospect of carrying on like this for the rest of my life. D
 
I have cats, too, and they were happy to be my bed companions while I recovered from surgery. They're still great companions.

I had a golden retriever for 13 years. She was wonderful. I miss her! Because of our age, we made a decision not to get another dog.
 
Ursula Tibbs

My 15 year old Russian blue died a week before I had surgery. Had a mass on liver and was vomiting, losing weight. It was cancer and he was 15 and had a great life. Had to let him go. I'm direct too. origins from sturdy Welsh, Scottish and Irish stock. We southern gals have a rep for being all sweet and stuff but most of us shoot guns and bows, ride horses and wrestle alligators. Just kidding about the gators. Steel magnolias are we. Too bad my knee wasnt steel too. Lol. Well at least it's titanium now.

This thing is awful and I've had a complain of a day. Hurts like the dickens for some reason so in need of therapy, I went shopping to the farmers market, grocery store, and the fabric store. Felt better after that. I notice you are my same age. Not spring chickens any more I guess so it takes a while to heal. You will get there and when you do, you will someday forget how bad all this way. Just hope one is all I need and that my left holds up till I die. Hang in there ursula.
 
Celle

Would be vey hard for me to get by without a couple of goldens in my house. Going to add another to the pack as soon as I'm fully recovered. I think I can do one more puppy. Why don't you adopt a senior? I got a 10 year old back in 2004 and had her for 3.5 wonderful years. She was an amazing golden girl. I adore the white faces. Have a 3 and 5.5 year olds right now. They are hysterically funny playing together and swimming in the ocean. We boat with them.
 
Ursula Tibbs I have a cat also. Found him as a tiny kitten during a hurricane. We bottled fed him for 2 weeks. Izzy looks a lot like a russian blue, and isnt particularly fond of my dogs, mostly just likes my human family.

I know recovery is really hard...im still inthe thick of it at just under 6 wks post op, but I do see my smallimprovements and imfinally hopeful for the dayx ahead. Hang in there!!!
 
Luisa, you're really brave to have done both. I can't imagine that. But at least you will be one with it. So many are having another done soon after the first. We're sill stealing ths thread. Now it's nt only gone to the dogs but the cats as well.
 
referee54

He's precious!! Best of both worlds with a golden and a lab and got a little extra fuzz from the golden. My miss Priss is a rescue from an Atlanta based group that I have worked with since 2004. Got her at 9 months of age when she was discarded by the dumb family that bought a hunting bred golden for their kid. They couldn't handle her so GRRA got her and then we adopted her after losing a 13.5 year old. Gotta have dogs in my life. Just incomplete without them. Your black lab is handsome too. I had one of them about 30 years ago. Retrievers are awesome.
 
Dear god how freaking cute is that pup!!! Cant help but feeling happy seeing that picture. 2 of my Goldens are rescues. One from a gassing shelter in KY and one was a puppy from a pregnant female from a puppy mill. Jax had parvo as a baby, and came to me once he recovered. Im a huge rescue advocate a volunteered a lot jp until 6wks ago! Once im better I can look forward to walking a bunch of shelter dogs....something I couldnt do before. Something that keeps me looking forward! We all need goals like that to help us along positive thinking and healing.
 
Adopting is great Luisa. I've fostered and done fundraising via annual calendars for two golden retriever rescues. Priss is a recuse but Bogey is not. His breeder breeds specially for temperament and therapy use. Not for service dogs, but therapy. Bogeys mom and aunt are used for therapy as in hospital and nursing home visit. I originally planned to train him for that but my knee was so bad I had a hard time in classes. The breeder begins work with the litter at 3 days of age and the temperament testing starts at 5 weeks. It's an amazing process. Check out "dog Bless you" on Facebook. They breed service dogs. Some are goldens, some labs, some Great Danes and some are a lab/golden mix. The dogs are trained for wounded warriors only. Warrior Canine Connection is also on Facebook and they are an awesome group. Also East Coast Assistance Dogs up in your neck of the woods. It's fun to watch their puppy cams they setup for new litters. Look them up. You'll love it. Happy Sunday.
 
Hi everyone,
Ursula don't feel silly not knowing what to expect before your op. I've done this before and I'm still surprised at the tightness, lack of sleep, and general frustration of the whole process
I am so thankful to you and others for posting. Up until yesterday I had been getting by on paracetamol every four hours and a stronger painkiller at bedtime if needed.
The past two days have been difficult and I felt like I was going backwards. After reading your thread, responses and links I am sitting here with ice, leg elevated and stronger painkillers.
I am so appreciative to all of you for posting and getting me back on track.
 
The recovery process is pretty all consuming, isn't it? There are days when you just have to :gaah:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom